ADVERTISEMENT

UCF 4.5 favorites over GaTech.

It’s a little wild how little we’ve seen/heard about prep leading up to this game. I guess that’s college football this time of year, with portal happenings and early signing day happening at the same time.

Unless I’ve missed something, I haven’t heard of any of our players opting out? I guess that information could come out closer to the game, but for now, it sounds like Corey Thornton (portal) will be the only starter not with team?

T. Morris-Brash, R. Barber, J. Celiscar, J. Johnson, D. Patterson, L. Pauole, T. Grable, J. Plumlee, A. Holler, R. Harvey, K. Hudson, and J. Baker are all in? That would be pretty incredible if we get to see all those guys play one more time!
I agree. For their part, is there any player mentioned that actually won't benefit from a good bowl game? Even the ones we'd pick as the best of the group (I'd hope there's 2nd rounders, but I'm guessing everyone's laughing), could benefit from this game and any post season showcase.

Bet the house on UCF to cover 5.5 pts.

Tech's rushing D sucks and we'll run away with it with all our starters returning.

You're welcome.

Bet the house on UCF to cover 5.5 pts.

Tech's rushing D sucks and we'll run away with it with all our starters returning.

You're welcome.
The safer pick is perhaps betting the under. Both of these teams rank among the Top 15 nationally in rushing and among the bottom 15 in rushing defense. The game will be one of the fastest of the bowl season.

Reactions: Shark19
I’m glad I locked my bet at 4.5 points as now uCF is 5.5 favorites. But, I still think we win by two tds (knock on wood). Regardless hoping for a good game. Going over today, to avoid the Friday rush hour holiday Tampa traffic. I4 traffic is horrific people. Plan accordingly. See y’all on the other side of the State.

Go knights, Beat Tech.

The safer pick is perhaps betting the under. Both of these teams rank among the Top 15 nationally in rushing and among the bottom 15 in rushing defense. The game will be one of the fastest of the bowl season.
Gus will feature JRP in hopes of him getting drafted. He will throw and run a lot.

Reactions: Robert0122
Gus will feature JRP in hopes of him getting drafted. He will throw and run a lot.
DUDE!

Gabriel and JRP (like milton) will NEEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAA get drafted into the NFL.

Stop kidding yourself.

We can always bet some money on this like I did with MM coming back from injury in a UCF uni, making hundreds during covid.

DM me if you'd like to put your $ where your va-jay jay is.

This is a low level bowl in an age where many starters don't play. It would have no impact on his stock even if he went 30-30 for 400 yards and ran for 250.

His best bet for making the NFL will be to get a 40 time that will make a team take a chance. Even then everyone knows he is an injury risk, and the hits are going to be way worse at the next level.

I do think Gus will play him pretty much the entire game, probably pull him out in 4th in blowout. However, if he is playing terrible, Gus will stick with him till the bitter end.

DUDE!

Gabriel and JRP (like milton) will NEEEEEEEEVVVVVAAAAAA get drafted into the NFL.

Stop kidding yourself.

We can always bet some money on this like I did with MM coming back from injury in a UCF uni, making hundreds during covid.

I would put money on JRP AND Joey Gatewood either getting drafted or being taken as an undrafted free agents. JRP is a top 15 QB nationally per PFF, and Gatewood has enough upside to be signed as a TE. NFL teams will give them a shot at playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert0122
DUDE!

Stop kidding yourself.

Eh, I am not a fan of his, but DG throws a really good ball. He did well at OU and I bet he does well at Oregon. I think someone will give him a shot. We will see

noticed the line over the last few days on the espn app..are any important Gt players sitting out?

DUDE!

Stop kidding yourself.

WTF are you talking about? I said that’s Gus plan. Not mine. JRP May get drafted as a WR or Wildcat guy. I never said anything about my belief he will. I never said Milton was going to be great after the injury. I said the opposite. Last I checked you said our soccer team was great. They weren’t when postseason came. Bet that.

WTF are you talking about? I said that’s Gus plan. Not mine. JRP May get drafted as a WR or Wildcat guy. I never said anything about my belief he will. I never said Milton was going to be great after the injury. I said the opposite. Last I checked you said our soccer team was great. They weren’t when postseason came. Bet that.
I am humbly sorry @BlakNGoldAllDay.

Even though you may come across on this board as a know it all, I was in the wrong here.

My mistake, honestly.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Couple interesting notes from the depth chart UCF released for today’s game. I think it flew way under the radar with signing-day, portal news, etc.

So UCF never really updated their week-to-week depth chart through the season. Guys that were out due to injuries stayed pretty much on there (D. Mask, J. Henderson, R. Barber, etc.). But for this game, some things were definitely updated/changed:

-True freshmen Tyree Patterson is on the two-deep at WR for the first time this season (Jaylon Griffin was taken off, transfer portal - but he has been practicing with the team).

-More shifting along the OL. Bula Schmidt is back listed as a starter after missing games due to injury, this time as the center (had been playing LG). That shifts L. Pauole to RG, and moves M. Marshall to a backup at G and T.

-Two new names are listed in the secondary: Ja’Maric Morris (JUCO transfer) and Jason Duclona (true freshmen) to account for Thornton gone (transfer portal) and J. Henderson out (injury). It would be huge for the secondary heading into next year if Duclona sees some snaps, plays well, and gains some momentum heading into the spring.

Reactions: PositYourself
Couple interesting notes from the depth chart UCF released for today’s game. I think it flew way under the radar with signing-day, portal news, etc.

So UCF never really updated their week-to-week depth chart through the season. Guys that were out due to injuries stayed pretty much on there (D. Mask, J. Henderson, R. Barber, etc.). But for this game, some things were definitely updated/changed:

-True freshmen Tyree Patterson is on the two-deep at WR for the first time this season (Jaylon Griffin was taken off, transfer portal - but he has been practicing with the team).

-More shifting along the OL. Bula Schmidt is back listed as a starter after missing games due to injury, this time as the center (had been playing LG). That shifts L. Pauole to RG, and moves M. Marshall to a backup at G and T.

-Two new names are listed in the secondary: Ja’Maric Morris (JUCO transfer) and Jason Duclona (true freshmen) to account for Thornton gone (transfer portal) and J. Henderson out (injury). It would be huge for the secondary heading into next year if Duclona sees some snaps, plays well, and gains some momentum heading into the spring.
Griffen didn’t play much so unless we are up by 28 I don’t think Patterson gets many targets.

Has anyone heard if Javon or Kobe are playing (or if they are coming back even)? Is TMB playing? It’s been really quiet, I hate how non-transparent it’s been. I’m not a gambler, but how does anyone bet on bowl games? My buddy bet the usf game yesterday, I’m sure if Vegas knew they would be playing a huge slow TE as the QB to run a wild cat I’m sure the line would have been heavy usf. I think they were +4.5 lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT