ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Administration

ahabmw

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Anyone know why our provost was put on paid administrative leave?

I would say he was caught doing something illegal - but this is UCF and they don’t care about things like this......so who knows.

I only have second hand info... She is believed to be deep in over her head at the provost position. How she got that position at a research university like UCF, given her experience and qualifications, is baffling. She has nothing to offer the university in the position she is in. People say she comes off as unintelligent. Last night I heard a new story where she took hundreds of dollars to the student union and got students to buy Disney tickets for her at the student discounted rate lol. I don't know her but that story is not surprising given everything else I've heard.

I only have second hand info... She is believed to be deep in over her head at the provost position. How she got that position at a research university like UCF, given her experience and qualifications, is baffling. She has nothing to offer the university in the position she is in. People say she comes off as unintelligent. Last night I heard a new story where she took hundreds of dollars to the student union and got students to buy Disney tickets for her at the student discounted rate lol. I don't know her but that story is not surprising given everything else I've heard.
Aren’t provosts placed by the university board of trustees or something?I’m curious who’s at the root

Reactions: Yaes
Hundreds of dollars is like 1 ticket. She should have just thrown a parade for the golf team or something. She would have gotten in free.

Reactions: ahabmw
The student deals suck now, they used to be $30/ticket and you could get like 6 every month

The student deals suck now, they used to be $30/ticket and you could get like 6 every month
Haha the person who told me the story said the student tickets are more expensive than at the gate. I don't know how true all of that is.

Reactions: PhDee
Good info. Is the provost supposed to be the Vice President? Has she been around UCF forever?

Good info. Is the provost supposed to be the Vice President? Has she been around UCF forever?
Dr. Elizabeth A. Dooley Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Elizabeth A. Dooley, Ed.D., serves as UCF’s provost and vice president for academic affairs. She provides academic leadership for UCF’s 13 colleges, multiple campuses, research centers and institutes. She is also responsible for curriculum, academic planning, faculty appointments, faculty development, promotion and tenure decisions.

Before joining UCF in 2015, Dooley was the associate provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs at West Virginia University. She also served in leadership roles, including associate provost for undergraduate academic affairs and interim dean of the College of Education and Human Services. She was also the founding dean of the University College and department chair of curriculum instruction/literacy studies and special education at WVU. Dooley also held a faculty appointment as a professor of special education and curriculum and instruction.

Dooley is a champion of student and faculty success. She collaborates across UCF to foster a culture of teaching and learning that engages faculty and students in creating knowledge, promoting scholarship and developing cutting-edge teaching and learning practices.

She is steadfast in her commitment to providing educational experiences that help students succeed. “All UCF students are Knights of Distinction,” said Dooley. “It is our obligation to provide everyone with access to an exceptional academic experience. This means that our students have robust and meaningful learning experiences in the classroom and beyond that will enable them to successfully achieve their academic, professional and civic goals after they graduate.”

As part of her unwavering belief that a quality education should be accessible to everyone, Dooley was instrumental in engaging communities across West Virginia in a partnership that created exceptional secondary and post-secondary learning opportunities for more than 2,000 underserved youth.

Dooley also advocates for faculty. She said, “We must promise our faculty an inclusive environment that promotes scholarship and personal and professional growth.”

She holds a doctorate in education (special education with a minor in higher education administration) and a master’s degree in special education from WVU, and a bachelor’s degree in elementary education with a specialization in special education from Alderson Broaddus College.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Dr. Elizabeth A. Dooley Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Elizabeth A. Dooley, Ed.D., serves as UCF’s provost and vice president for academic affairs. She provides academic leadership for UCF’s 13 colleges, multiple campuses, research centers and institutes. She is also responsible for curriculum, academic planning, faculty appointments, faculty development, promotion and tenure decisions.

Before joining UCF in 2015, Dooley was the associate provost for Undergraduate Academic Affairs at West Virginia University. She also served in leadership roles, including associate provost for undergraduate academic affairs and interim dean of the College of Education and Human Services. She was also the founding dean of the University College and department chair of curriculum instruction/literacy studies and special education at WVU. Dooley also held a faculty appointment as a professor of special education and curriculum and instruction.

Dooley is a champion of student and faculty success. She collaborates across UCF to foster a culture of teaching and learning that engages faculty and students in creating knowledge, promoting scholarship and developing cutting-edge teaching and learning practices.

She is steadfast in her commitment to providing educational experiences that help students succeed. “All UCF students are Knights of Distinction,” said Dooley. “It is our obligation to provide everyone with access to an exceptional academic experience. This means that our students have robust and meaningful learning experiences in the classroom and beyond that will enable them to successfully achieve their academic, professional and civic goals after they graduate.”

As part of her unwavering belief that a quality education should be accessible to everyone, Dooley was instrumental in engaging communities across West Virginia in a partnership that created exceptional secondary and post-secondary learning opportunities for more than 2,000 underserved youth.

Dooley also advocates for faculty. She said, “We must promise our faculty an inclusive environment that promotes scholarship and personal and professional growth.”

She holds a doctorate in education (special education with a minor in higher education administration) and a master’s degree in special education from WVU, and a bachelor’s degree in elementary education with a specialization in special education from Alderson Broaddus College.
West Virginia. There’s the problem

Aren’t provosts placed by the university board of trustees or something?I’m curious who’s at the root

Former President Whittaker appointed her to the interim position before taking off the interim title after conducting a nationwide search.

I’m sure the new incoming President, when named, will prefer to bring in their own people for key leadership positions.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Former President Whittaker appointed her to the interim position before taking off the interim title after conducting a nationwide search.

I’m sure the new incoming President, when named, will prefer to bring in their own people for key leadership positions.
Good to know, thanks!

Good info ? This man tells a tale that is completely made up. He is known for doing that. He claimed that he traveled to the Tulsa Game and that numerous hotel employees were going up to him and telling him "charge on".

He was more than fine taking the player OSU kicked off the team for sexual assault. He would take a serial killer in the team if the player is good at football.

Just put DW in charge. He'll get the job done. The greatest AD in America can just add "greatest school President" to his list of accomplishments.

Reactions: ahabmw
You know he lives in Oklahoma right?

KS is in Oklahoma and knows what goes on at high levels inside the UCF administration?

You also believe that random hotel employees in Tulsa know our use of "charge on" and would go say it to Knight Strength"?

Is it more reasonable to believe the above or to believe that Knight Strenght makes stuff up?

Aight.

KS is in Oklahoma and knows what goes on at high levels inside the UCF administration?

You also believe that random hotel employees in Tulsa know our use of "charge on" and would go say it to Knight Strength"?

Is it more reasonable to believe the above or to believe that Knight Strenght makes stuff up?

Aight.
Not any more far fetched than the notion that you are a UCF fan.

Not any more far fetched than the notion that you are a UCF fan.

Because I expected certain areas of the program to actually improve after the 2017 season? Recruting should be much better than what it is. We had a window to make a leap forward but Heupel and his people are mediocre recruiters.

I am not happy with the new staff hires. I see them as downgrades. Again look at what Jeff Scott is doing at USF, the staff he has compiled.

The coaching and talent on this team has steadily declined since 2017. Our 2020 recruiting class should be 50 and maybe in the 40's.

I want more and I see what's coming in the future. The pressure on Heupel and the administration to spend money on staff and recruiting should happen now.

Last edited:
Georgia has five guys covering the team for both Rivals and 247. Here we have one and then at 247 Sports is zero. Basic information like UCF press releases and press conferences are put behind a paywall in this site. It is ridiculous.

Then we have people that know absolutely nothing (like Knight Strength) making excuses for obvious failures. Miss me with that.

Good info ? This man tells a tale that is completely made up. He is known for doing that. He claimed that he traveled to the Tulsa Game and that numerous hotel employees were going up to him and telling him "charge on".

He was more than fine taking the player OSU kicked off the team for sexual assault. He would take a serial killer in the team if the player is good at football.
A hotel near Tulsa knowing that their guests that weekend are mostly visiting UCF fans is now a suspect event? That’s called good customer service. I really don’t understand your hard on for knight strength, he’s always nice even when you don’t agree with him. If it was UCFmikes (nothin but respect @Ucfmikes )then I might understand as he can be abrasive. I’m guessing he has you on ignore since he never replies or gets involved with you.

A hotel near Tulsa knowing that their guests that weekend are mostly visiting UCF fans is now a suspect event? That’s called good customer service. I really don’t understand your hard on for knight strength, he’s always nice even when you don’t agree with him. If it was UCFmikes (nothin but respect @Ucfmikes )then I might understand as he can be abrasive. I’m guessing he has you on ignore since he never replies or gets involved with you.

People choose to believe what's convenient and not what's reasonably true. Most of the fans in this forum are actually inadvertently hurting the program.

Excusing everything does what exactly? Accepting obvious lies from people like KS does what exactly? Whatever.

Because I expected certain areas of the program to actually improve after the 2017 season? Recruting should be much better than what it is. We had a window to make a leap forward but Heupel and his people are mediocre recruiters.

I am not happy with the new staff hires. I see them as downgrades. Again look at what Jeff Scott is doing at USF, the staff he has compiled.

The coaching and talent on this team has steadily declined since 2017. Our 2020 recruiting class should be 50 and maybe in the 40's.

I want more and I see what's coming in the future. The pressure on Heupel and the administration to spend money on staff and recruiting should happen now.
Nobody gives a shit about the cows here. They won’t be good under Scott no matter how good you think his recruiting is compared to ours. He has basically assembled FAU minus Kiffin and the good players. Congrats. Now head back over to the bullspen and pat yourself on the back about the hire. Try to convince yourself he’s not another Chad Morris.

Reactions: Shark19
Nobody gives a shit about the cows here. They won’t be good under Scott no matter how good you think his recruiting is compared to ours. He has basically assembled FAU minus Kiffin and the good players. Congrats. Now head back over to the bullspen and pat yourself on the back about the hire. Try to convince yourself he’s not another Chad Morris.

Grow up man and get professional help with your paranoia. Heupel is getting a staff suited to recruit the Mid West but UCF is in Florida. Florida teams need Florida recruiters.

Yep...almost every top spot is or has been gutted (more people were let go in Dec)...as the future President will not want ANYONE in a high level position left from all the stupid scandals over the last few year.

Clearing house now will help attract higher quality candidates as the next President will bring in her/his own people. (Hence why even the few "good" people left are now looking to jump ship as they could be collateral damage and be let go by the new president for "just being around" at that time).

This is all pretty OT but I don't mind sharing a little. I am not an administrative bigwig but I know a lot of people at UCF or who have been there. I described my info as second hand because I heard it from others in bigger positions than mine and I do acknowledge it could be tainted by bias or otherwise be unreliable.
People in OK (and nationwide) know UCF. Before I took my current position I visited OK. At the end of the trip I went into a coffee shop with my girl to get a cup for the drive to the airport. It was a Sunday so the shop was pretty empty and as soon as I got through the door, the guy at the register was pointing at me and saying "I love you guys!" (I was wearing a UCF tshirt). He said he doesn't call himself a UCF fan because he doesn't have any ties to UCF but he loves what we did in 2017 and agrees with our NC claim. We talked for a few mins about UCF football (and how he liked his local area) while he made our coffee and when I pulled out my credit card he wouldn't accept it and told us it was on the house.
I have also been in office waiting rooms and shopping in stores when people acknowledge my tshirts. They know Heup and talk about how great he is (I'm not 100% sold).
For the Tulsa game, my mom came to town and stayed at a hotel. I walked in to pick her up and the guy at the counter said "Go Knights". When I got up to my moms room she told me someone on the staff told her "Go Knights" too. When we walked downstairs again the guy who told me GK asked if we were going to the Tulsa game and said good luck. When we got out the door I asked my mom if that was the same guy who told her GK earlier and she said it was a different person.
I always knew this guy was a "P5" fan because his expectations of recruiting exposed him as someone who hasn't followed UCF recruiting very long.
If we're not successful in football next season, I am prepared to call for firings. I have already admitted that, after the early signing day (flips and decommits) I've begun to share KnightofCamelots concerns about this class and the staffs ability to recruit. Hope this class gets a big bump by the Feb signing period. If we don't go 11-2 or better next season I will agree this staff doesn't have what it takes to make us successful.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Georgia has five guys covering the team for both Rivals and 247. Here we have one and then at 247 Sports is zero. Basic information like UCF press releases and press conferences are put behind a paywall in this site. It is ridiculous.

Then we have people that know absolutely nothing (like Knight Strength) making excuses for obvious failures. Miss me with that.
I’ve been saying this for a while. You can tell how small we still are by where you can go to discuss ourselves. Miami has multiple that get premium info for free. We have 1 but I don’t think paying to find out a guy is visiting soon or may be signing here a week early is worth it.

I don't know her but that story is not surprising given everything else I've heard.
What else have you heard? Just curious. I don't think the Disney ticket thing would normally be enough to fire her (but considering the recent events, it might be), so I'm wondering what else prompted the suspension.

So, article with details from the public records request ...

QUOTE: "[Elizabeth] Dooley’s downfall as provost is detailed in a March 25 report sent to new UCF president Alexander Cartwright. UCF released the report to Florida Politics after a public records request."

Frankly, I think the racial stuff was pretty much 'weaksauce.' There were multiple ways to address it. But ...

The issue with finding her husband a job, on the other hand ... that was more than just passing. She literally requested meetings with him in the same room ... repeatedly. Lots of really stupid things she did ... those really pushed the boundaries of ethics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT