ADVERTISEMENT

UCF bball vs Missouri

We lost. 62-59

Missouri has a good team and we played hard but there's very little firepower on offense and we can't win with defense alone... .we made a run in the 2nd half by looking for and playing thru Tacko and that seemed to give us some offensive spark but then Johnny took Tacko out and we lost the mo....without BJ and/or going thru Tacko this team is undisciplined offensively and can't shoot free throws...that's a bad combo....

and Johnny's substitutions are very puzzling....there seldom seems to be the right group of players on the court...Missouri made runs because a couple of our combinations just played horribly....

of course I'm assuming that we have a combination that can win games against decent D1 opponents...we'll soon see as the conference season is only a month away....we really need BJ back...

Nobody is running the team right now. We win the St Johns and Mizzou game if we had him. Just don't see anything out of the back court to persuade me we can get any better....until BJ is back.

Missouri has a good team and we played hard but there's very little firepower on offense and we can't win with defense alone... .we made a run in the 2nd half by looking for and playing thru Tacko and that seemed to give us some offensive spark but then Johnny took Tacko out and we lost the mo....without BJ and/or going thru Tacko this team is undisciplined offensively and can't shoot free throws...that's a bad combo....

and Johnny's substitutions are very puzzling....there seldom seems to be the right group of players on the court...Missouri made runs because a couple of our combinations just played horribly....

of course I'm assuming that we have a combination that can win games against decent D1 opponents...we'll soon see as the conference season is only a month away....we really need BJ back...
but credit Johnny for bringing us back to striking range right?

Nobody is running the team right now. We win the St Johns and Mizzou game if we had him. Just don't see anything out of the back court to persuade me we can get any better....until BJ is back.
Right now were back to Johnny's coaching for better or worse.

Right now were back to Johnny's coaching for better or worse.

Right now it's way worse as UCF is at rhe bottom of most offensive stats in the country.

Prior to last night, UCF was #351 in 3 pt shooting, #314 in FG% and #297 in FT%..

One honest interesting post game comment last night by Dawkins was that when UCF players fouled Mizzou multiple times in closing seconds to get them in the bonus, he said players didn't know that they should go for a "hard steal" (i.e. try to get the steal first, but if u don't get it, odds are refs will call a foul).

Also, UCF players on court didn't know who the best FT shooter was on the court when they had to commit 7th foul, and they ended up fouling their best (92%) after allowing a few lesser shooters to pass the ball to their top FT shooter. (These tidbits are suppose to be where Asst Coaches earn their pay).

It will be hard for UCF to win some close games by only scoring 2 pt buckets with Tacko while opponents have 3 pt sharp shooters.

Last edited:
Right now it's way worse as UCF is at rhe bottom of most offensive stats in the country.

Prior to last night, UCF was #351 in 3 pt shooting, #314 in FG% and #297 in FT%..

One honest interesting post game comment last night by Dawkins was that when UCF players fouled Mizzou multiple times in closing seconds to get them in the bonus, he said players didn't know that they should go for a "hard steal" (i.e. try to get the steal first, but if u don't get it, odds are refs will call a foul).

Also, UCF players on court didn't know who the best FT shooter was on the court when they had to commit 7th foul, and they ended up fouling their best (92%) after allowing a few lesser shooters to pass the ball to their top FT shooter. (These tidbits are suppose to be where Asst Coaches earn their pay).

It will be hard for UCF to win some close games by only scoring 2 pt buckets with Tacko while opponents have 3 pt sharp shooters.
..but we're playing close and making runs. players arent giving up the last two games. Two losses by a combined 6 points. thats what i mean by coach is really controlling this team. I hope we get a couple of wins and then BJ comes back and we do well in conference. I still have faith our RPI will be fine come March.

Reactions: Knight_Light
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT