ADVERTISEMENT

UCF et.al. bring nothing to the Big 12

Yeah, right! Sell out in minutes.... etc. etc. What a group of morons!

"Cancel the playoffs."

Look at it this way-- Texas ran off Nebraska (whose fans have been on your board dooshing it up all month and will be here for the next 2 years rubbing it in every time Frost wins for them) by having an all time record against them of 12-4 or something and 11-1 in the Big XII.

They ran A&M out too, after 100 years, with a one or two win advantage all time because, admittedly, A&M is a bizarre place.

But Texas DID NOT want you in the Big XII so you aren't in it. Neither did OU. I wanted you in the conference as did most Wildcats I know and probably other fan bases in the conference besides Texas and OU because we saw in you the potential that you proved you have today that you would rise to greatness with or without the permission of the good old boys in the SEC or the "blue chip" programs in the "lesser" conferences (and by lesser, I mean according to the popularity contest NCAA football is courtesy of ESPN and other media whether it was the old bowl days, the BCS, FBS or whatever other fixed system they put in place) when we demand that the top 24 or 32 ranked teams (on the stipulation that those pre-season rankings that always give the SEC two teams in no matter what and those November cupcake games they play will come to an end!!) get to go head to head in a real playoff system in December and January like we have in NCAA basketball in March.

But I'm not going to hold my breath for any of that lol.

Anyway, today is all about UCF!

2017 UCF KNIGHTS
13-0
CHAMPIONS IN ANY BOOK!!

Last edited:
Look at it this way-- Texas ran off Nebraska (whose fans have been on your board dooshing it up all month and will be here for the next 2 years rubbing it in every time Frost wins for them) by having an all time record against them of 12-4 or something and 11-1 in the Big XII.

They ran A&M out too, after 100 years, with a one or two win advantage all time because, admittedly, A&M is a bizarre place.

But Texas DID NOT want you in the Big XII so you aren't in it. Neither did OU. I wanted you in the conference as did most Wildcats I know and probably other fan bases in the conference besides Texas and OU because we saw in you the potential that you proved you have today that you would rise to greatness with or without the permission of the good old boys in the SEC or the "blue chip" programs in the "lesser" conferences (and by lesser, I mean according to the popularity contest NCAA football is courtesy of ESPN and other media whether it was the old bowl days, the BCS, FBS or whatever other fixed system they put in place) when we demand that the top 24 or 32 ranked teams (on the stipulation that those pre-season rankings that always give the SEC two teams in no matter what and those November cupcake games they play will come to an end!!) get to go head to head in a real playoff system in December and January like we have in NCAA basketball in March.

2017 UCF KNIGHTS
13-0
CHAMPIONS IN ANY BOOK!!
Always classy words from the K-State fans. Thank you, friend.

We do not want the Big12. It’s a dying conference and run by one school. We should set our sights on Pac12
PAC stands for Pacific. We are on Atlantic. ACC should be wanting us with the bad rep they have. Basically Clemson, FSU and Miami then a bunch of crappy teams most years. Duke at least wouldn't fight against us.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
PAC stands for Pacific. We are on Atlantic. ACC should be wanting us with the bad rep they have. Basically Clemson, FSU and Miami then a bunch of crappy teams most years. Duke at least wouldn't fight against us.

How many teams in the Big Ten?

You guys will get invited to the ACC soon. Expansion is coming again soon. Because conferences want a playoff birth. Only way to do that is strengthening a conference. I’m calling it now. Oklahoma and Notre Dame to the BIG. Texas and either TCU or Texas Tech to PAC 14. UCF and USF to the ACC.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You guys will get invited to the ACC soon. Expansion is coming again soon. Because conferences want a playoff birth. Only way to do that is strengthening a conference. I’m calling it now. Oklahoma and Notre Dame to the BIG. Texas and either TCU or Texas Tech to PAC 14. UCF and USF to the ACC.
Notre Dame isn’t joining a conference. You can get in the CFP without a title game.

Notre Dame isn’t joining a conference. You can get in the CFP without a title game.

Oklahoma can't get into the B1G with their academic rating. It's much more likely that the AAC supplants the big 12 as the 5th P5 conference and absorbs ksu, isu, osu, tcu, and Kansas goes to the B1G, Oklahoma goes to the sec, Texas goes to the pac12 or independent, and Baylor and ttech get shut out or replace other AAC teams.

Oklahoma can't get into the B1G with their academic rating. It's much more likely that the AAC supplants the big 12 as the 5th P5 conference and absorbs ksu, isu, osu, tcu, and Kansas goes to the B1G, Oklahoma goes to the sec, Texas goes to the pac12 or independent, and Baylor and ttech get shut out or replace other AAC teams.

Unfortunately if that happens, they'll just start calling it a "4 power conference" league. Just like they killed the Big East off and limited it to 5.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
See “Alabama 2017”

??? Pac12 makes absolutely zero sense
Sec - blocked by UF
ACC - blocked by FSU Miami
Big 10 - blocked because academics are not AAU affiliated
Big 12 - dumpster fire
That only leaves the PAC12. We could win that conference pretty easily and with the $20 mil extra in conference payout money we could easily fly our athletes out there.

We arent getting an invite until at least 2023 when contracts start coming around. Even then we probably wont get invited due to everything Storm posted but we arent going pac12

2017 UCF KNIGHTS
13-0
CHAMPIONS IN ANY BOOK!!

You don't really know what happened in the B12 do you? Wow. Get out much?

We arent getting an invite until at least 2023 when contracts start coming around. Even then we probably wont get invited due to everything Storm posted but we arent going pac12
There's the whole time zone thing but I always have joked that UCF's Campus looks more Pac12 than old south

ACC wants Notre Dame. The Irish are in the ACC for all of their sports except football and they play a quasi ACC 5 game schedule for every year. If/when ND wants in on a conference, they are going to the ACC. Question is, who would be the other team that gets invited. Strangely enough, heard the ACC wants UConn

ACC wants Notre Dame. The Irish are in the ACC for all of their sports except football and they play a quasi ACC 5 game schedule for every year. If/when ND wants in on a conference, they are going to the ACC. Question is, who would be the other team that gets invited. Strangely enough, heard the ACC wants UConn

It's unlikely that Notre dame will ever join a football conference. I would guess that the ACC would poach West Virginia when the big 12 falls apart. UCONN would make sense for the ACC as it opens up an additional market for the conference. The real question when it all happens is what does Texas do. I could see them going down the same path as Notre Dame and join the Pac 12 in all sports other than football.

It's unlikely that Notre dame will ever join a football conference. I would guess that the ACC would poach West Virginia when the big 12 falls apart. UCONN would make sense for the ACC as it opens up an additional market for the conference. The real question when it all happens is what does Texas do. I could see them going down the same path as Notre Dame and join the Pac 12 in all sports other than football.

I wouldn't say never. Let's say that hypothetically, the playoff were to change so that only conference champions were included. In that case, you might see Notre Dame forced to join the ACC.

Not 12 in the the BIG12 either. Means nothing. Just a "brand" at this point. Not mean to be literal.
He's asking because 14 teams is the max Conferences want right now. Only 2 don't have 14 I think Big 12 and PAC.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say never. Let's say that hypothetically, the playoff were to change so that only conference champions were included. In that case, you might see Notre Dame forced to join the ACC.
Notre dame will always have a carve out.

I imagine it's pretty hard for DW not to send a picture of his nuts to those clowns who he had to go in front of and pitch UCF to the Big12 in that farce of an expansion search a couple years back. How do you like us now?!?!

Reactions: dbmullet
We do not want the Big12. It’s a dying conference and run by one school. We should set our sights on Pac12

Maybe it is dying now but by adding us and a few other conference mates could help rejuvenate them imo. More eyes = more money. Just imagine what we could do with their budget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT