ADVERTISEMENT

UCF offense / LSU

knight_tracker

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
This is the best breakdown of the UCF offense, and how difficult it is to defend. We will see how good LSU is on defense. Anyone want to guess how many flops they will take to slow the game down? It will be hard to out do the Pitt flops.

Best quote. "They figured out the secret sauce on offense". I like the way he talks up Mack, but when it's about KZ going deep I never had any concerns with Milton hitting the deep ball. He was always very accurate on dropping the ball in.:sunglasses:

Reactions: Yaes
Best quote. "They figured out the secret sauce on offense". I like the way he talks up Mack, but when it's about KZ going deep I never had any concerns with Milton hitting the deep ball. He was always very accurate on dropping the ball in.:sunglasses:
He had a harder time downfield this year. Last year he had Tre Quan(sad to see what has happened to him) to help with some circus catches. That's not to say that Milton doesn't drop some dimes.

Milton was having an off year passing downfield compared to last year. He had some dings before the major injury. During this time, the offense was figuring out the running game. I admit I was one complaining about the percentage of running versus passing but see the wisdom now paying dividends. Meanwhile Mack was struggling throwing little dink passes (remember UCONN). But he's come a long way and he's got a great long ball and is gaining confidence more and more. I just hope he doesn't have a lot of turnovers against LSU. Remember KZ freshmen year? Lots of turnovers. All in all I expect UCF to give LSU lots of problems. I expect LSU to come out playing good defense against us but our offense wearing down their defense. Probably will look like we faced against Memphis in first half versus second half without the Memphis running game. If we get a lead in the first half, they'll be in big trouble. Our players don't quit and play until the end of the game.

Having trouble finding the publication but theres an LSU publication out there that claims “uCf hAs AvERagE ReCeIvErS” and goes on to say UCF will lose. Will be funny when snelson owns them and gabe mosses their backup corners

Reactions: knight_tracker
Having trouble finding the publication but theres an LSU publication out there that claims “uCf hAs AvERagE ReCeIvErS” and goes on to say UCF will lose. Will be funny when snelson owns them and gabe mosses their backup corners

I have also heard prognosticators say LSU is much bigger and faster than UCF. I am not buying into the faster. :sunglasses:

Typical lazy analysis of an sec school versus g5. Wouldnt be surprised if our offensive line mauls their dline
Our offensive line has proven to top notch against the defensive lines of any team, at any level, or against any conference. They have seen it all. Big, strong athletic, intelligent, work together as a unit and have great technique.

Elarbee!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
This is what the pundits dont understand. Your defense can be great like LSU but this offense will wear you down and at end of day if you are a linebacker 1 on 1 versus otis or killins, game over

Do the pundits even think LSU has a good defense without 4 of its premier players? Seems like a defense that UCF’s offense should have some fun with.

Yes. Greedy Williams, Kristian Fulton, Breiden Fehoko, and Ed Alexander. I like our chances better than ever.
Fulton and Williams were unbelievable this season, definitely going to be a drop in the secondary but their secondary is still going to be really good. The two lineman are really just losses for depth purposes I think their line is pretty much the same in terms of on field impact. IMO UCF is gonna win the game by running the ball effectively, not through the air

Fulton and Williams were unbelievable this season, definitely going to be a drop in the secondary but their secondary is still going to be really good. The two lineman are really just losses for depth purposes I think their line is pretty much the same in terms of on field impact. IMO UCF is gonna win the game by running the ball effectively, not through the air

Running the ball on the LSU defense will be extraordinarily difficult. UCF will have to pass effectively to have any chance.

Reactions: MAC587
I disagree. Run our offense. We wikk get iurs on the ground and through the air
Run McCrae until it’s proven that anyone can stop him. Hasn’t happened yet this year and he’s only become more dominant throughout the season.

He’s averaging 9.0 yards a carry. Don’t want to have a game where that weapon was left as a question mark or was underutilized. Get the ball in the hands of the playmakers. This way there’s no second guessing after it’s over.

We all know what has to be done. Get Killins and Anderson the ball in space. Direct the medium to long range passing game to Tre Nixon and Gabe Davis, where they can use their size advantages.

Snelson grabs the tough passed over the middle

Anyone of those 3 should be available for a deep strike or 2. Mack has the arm and Heupel likes to
throw it. Just needs the time to throw. That will be determined early on.

We all know the drill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Jim
Running the ball on the LSU defense will be extraordinarily difficult. UCF will have to pass effectively to have any chance.
That’s weird cause their defense (with greedy and Fulton) is a lot better against the pass. They allow over 2 yards a carry after contact and nearly 5 per rush. Also allowed over a 50% success rate on rushes. High 50s to the right tackle and low 60s to the left tackle. They let up about 6 ypa which is extremely good and only 4.79 ypa on Non play action passes... I can keep going on if you want me to

That’s weird cause their defense (with greedy and Fulton) is a lot better against the pass. They allow over 2 yards a carry after contact and nearly 5 per rush. Also allowed over a 50% success rate on rushes. High 50s to the right tackle and low 60s to the left tackle. They let up about 6 ypa which is extremely good and only 4.79 ypa on Non play action passes... I can keep going on if you want me to
This is sweet music to my ears.

As much as I want for Colubiale to ball out in his final game, I’m guessing Hescock plays more for blocking

Last edited:
Outside of Bama, I don't know if LSU has seen a team with as many options as we have. They've played teams with really good players, but UCF has players and a system that makes you account for an awful lot of guys. Oh, and you have to figure things out quickly because we're snapping it within 10 seconds.

There are times LSU will have to know where Snelson, Nixon, Gabe, OJ, McRae/Killins, & Colubiale all are while also spying Mack. Sure, every team has players to watch, but UCF spreads it around so much and in different ways to each guy, it is very tough to defend, especially when you have so little time to get set.

Lol!! No but if you really think that the SEC is slow you may want to quit drinking the gold Kool Aid. They aren't slow. Hopefully the team isn't thinking that way.

They’re fat and slow. They don’t know bout that UCFast. You know about that Killans do you?

I read the headlines on Trequan. There's always next year. At least he's not that beach bum Bortles.
Bortles admitted that the first two years he spent too much time at the beach tiki bars. However, I blame his lack of a consistent tight release and multi-release technique for his problems of late (he changes the way he throws his deep balls). He throws some real ducks (some even looking like a fumble) when he's trying to switch off on the different ways he throws the ball. He needs to get his money back from the passing camp in CA. he was going to.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT