ADVERTISEMENT

UCF opens -7.5 over Stanford

Dudes in another thread say I’m dumb because I like a Freshman QB better than a retread.
You’re not dumb. Nobody knows the answer to who we should have out there. The sample size is too small and there are too many variables. It’s a total crapshoot

Reactions: ahabmw
You’re not dumb. Nobody knows the answer to who we should have out there. The sample size is too small and there are too many variables. It’s a total crapshoot
It’s definitely too early. I think we can win with 3 different starters. As long as they don’t turn ball over and complete 50% of passes. Jones can win a bunch of games if it came down to it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Dudes in another thread say I’m dumb because I like a Freshman QB better than a retread.
Sorry, man. Welcome to the internet, where all opinions are embraced openly! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Curious how the QB uncertainty has impacted the spread, if at all.

Besides the rain this weekend, the models are showing high winds with gusts of 30 knots + at kickoff . I would think high winds would impact the passing game. Does the stadium provide any protection from wind?

Besides the rain this weekend, the models are showing high winds with gusts of 30 knots + at kickoff . I would think high winds would impact the passing game. Does the stadium provide any protection from wind?
I think we should see wimbush and mack. The run game will be important and deep balls will be good when wind is at your back. Going into the wind i wouldnt throw too much downfield cause the ball will float

If this game happens, it’s going to be a total slop fest in the rain and wind. Our passing game will be totally shut down with our talented but already erratic QBs. It’s going to be a battle of who can hang on to the slippery ball, rather than a showcase of each team’s talent. It’ll really turn into a battle of the trenches, and hopefully we can keep up and open some holes for our fast guys.

If this game happens, it’s going to be a total slop fest in the rain and wind. Our passing game will be totally shut down with our talented but already erratic QBs. It’s going to be a battle of who can hang on to the slippery ball, rather than a showcase of each team’s talent. It’ll really turn into a battle of the trenches, and hopefully we can keep up and open some holes for our fast guys.
It rained in our game vs South Carolina and we still threw ball well. Everyone is overplaying the rain. It would have to rain all day from 7 am in and have winds of 30 mph to have a big impact. Players still play and make plays.

Could be a blessing, if Wimbush plays. If he has to hurl some long passes against the wind the receivers may actually be able to catch them.

I don't remember it raining a bunch in the South Carolina game, I'm thinking more like the Marshall game. They better slap pine tar on those hands and gloves, it's gonna be a sloppy Joe out there!

It rained in our game vs South Carolina and we still threw ball well. Everyone is overplaying the rain. It would have to rain all day from 7 am in and have winds of 30 mph to have a big impact. Players still play and make plays.
Dillon Gabriel probably played in some rain games in Hawaii

Milton threw the ball fine in rain during some games in 2017

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I don't remember it raining a bunch in the South Carolina game, I'm thinking more like the Marshall game. They better slap pine tar on those hands and gloves, it's gonna be a sloppy Joe out there!
Not necessarily a bunch. But enough to make a lot of people leave and miss our great comeback. I moved up close because of it. Perriman has a nice catch right in front of me.

ESPN just had a halftime show with a safe bet being UCF -9 over Stanford with Jesse Palmer and I forgot the other guys name

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT