ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

I literally said 2 loss team in comment you quoted. But we would be in all of them. You act like our defense was top 10 in nation when we went undefeated. We won because of QB play. Defense gave up a lot of points. You’ll probably have to Google it. I wasn’t begging to “talk ball” with you. If you think defense is all you need go ahead and Google Iowa. Great defense and will probably have 4 losses.
You said ‘all of them’. They were literally the first three words you wrote in your response. Good grief man, you are painful to interact with.

Hate to be a NYD party pooper, but now UCF has to hold onto him until his enrollment date. Getting a commitment is only half the battle.
I think UCF classes start next Monday the 8th. the craziest example of this was Dillon Gabriel at UCLA ..was hours from attending class there

I literally said 2 loss team in comment you quoted. But we would be in all of them. You act like our defense was top 10 in nation when we went undefeated. We won because of QB play. Defense gave up a lot of points. You’ll probably have to Google it. I wasn’t begging to “talk ball” with you. If you think defense is all you need go ahead and Google Iowa. Great defense and will probably have 4 losses.
QB and our turnover margin was insane in 2017 and 2018. We had ball hawks that forced turnovers. Our turnover margin has been negative the last couple of seasons. That needs to change in order to be elite, and I get some of that is just luck but we seemed awfully “lucky” on defense in 2017, and 2018. You can still be good/great without a big turnover margin but you at least have to be positive.

I just watched some KJ Jefferson Highlights. Noted the OT win vs UF (@UF) and how he just trucked dudes. Reminded me we play UF (@UF) next year and couldn’t be more excited we have someone with that type of road and playing experience to beat them now. ⚔️

QB and our turnover margin was insane in 2017 and 2018. We had ball hawks that forced turnovers. Our turnover margin has been negative the last couple of seasons. That needs to change in order to be elite, and I get some of that is just luck but we seemed awfully “lucky” on defense in 2017, and 2018. You can still be good/great without a big turnover margin but you at least have to be positive.
Points given up in 2018- 329
Points given up in 2023- 335
QB play was way better. That’s how you win now. People blame the defense for losses when we don’t score and weren’t even moving ball consistently. No one blamed defense in either of our back to back years when points given up was not much less than this year and we had 7 losses. So yes, if we have a QB that consistently puts up points and doesn’t fumble like JRP was known to, we have a 2 loss team and are in every game.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
this is why getting in the big 12 was such great timing for us because no matter how much we fall off, we'll have access to a better caliber of player than an AAC school and with decent coaching we can dig our way out.
Hope you are right but I believe there will have to be come coaching changes for that to come true.

All of them. With a good QB you can be a 2 loss team or better. QB is most important position. Other deficiencies can be hidden when you’re scoring points. Look at Browns and Steelers. Look bad with terrible QB play but can beat anyone when score points.

QB play was way better. That’s how you win now. People blame the defense for losses when we don’t score and weren’t even moving ball consistently. No one blamed defense in either of our back to back years when points given up was not much less than this year and we had 7 losses. So yes, if we have a QB that consistently puts up points and doesn’t fumble like JRP was known to, we have a 2 loss team and are in every game.
Defense gave up 6 more points total in 13 games. I wonder what the difference is in 0 losses and 7 losses. Gee I don’t know. Maybe a QB that can score at will and not drop the ball too much.

This aged well…time for AL to leave the forum as well. He knows nothing and throws crap against a wall and hopes it sticks 🤡🤡🤡

0c61b0d1-5415-47f3-8c4f-55d684430b21_text.gif

But if KJ does indeed enroll in UCF, I will be the first to eat crow.

eating-crow.jpg

Reactions: Knight Badger 80
The next 7-10 days will be very interesting and possibly special for UCF. Lots of guys (LB, DE, WR, OL) will be chomping at the bit to be a part of this 2024 squad.

It's like a country song played backward. You get everything back.

aXALWqg_460s.jpg

Last edited:
Defense gave up 6 more points total in 13 games. I wonder what the difference is in 0 losses and 7 losses. Gee I don’t know. Maybe a QB that can score at will and not drop the ball too much.
Gave up:
281 yards rushing to Kansas State (7.0 per carry)
284 yards rushing to GT
286 yards rushing to WVU (5.7 per carry)
399 yards rushing to Kansas (7.8 yards per carry)

got rocked on getting off the field (3rd down D) and time of possession in all of those contests as well.

But damn, this joker says just play QB better and score 48 ppg because that worked in 2017-2018.

Listen to yourself, have some shame.

Reactions: U C to the F
Gave up:
281 yards rushing to Kansas State (7.0 per carry)
284 yards rushing to GT
286 yards rushing to WVU (5.7 per carry)
399 yards rushing to Kansas (7.8 yards per carry)

got rocked on getting off the field (3rd down D) and time of possession in all of those contests as well.

But damn, this joker says just play QB better and score 48 ppg because that worked in 2017-2018.

Listen to yourself, have some shame.
Oh I wonder why Iowa lost 4 games. QB play you Momo. That’s why we lost 7 games. Those teams don’t run that much when we have the ball longer and/or we score more. 3 and outs and turning ball over gave them leads and allowed them to keep running. Obviously we didn’t stop the run very well but when you score points you make the other team switch play calling. Oklahoma St. we scored 45 points which made them abandon run. They threw 39 times. Doesn’t count sacks or running as last resort. They ran for 53 yards total. Best RB in B12 didn’t run. Defense didn’t all of a sudden know how to stop run. OSU didn’t run because they were down.

Oh I wonder why Iowa lost 4 games. QB play you Momo. That’s why we lost 7 games. Those teams don’t run that much when we have the ball longer and/or we score more. 3 and outs and turning ball over gave them leads and allowed them to keep running. Obviously we didn’t stop the run very well but when you score points you make the other team switch play calling. Oklahoma St. we scored 45 points which made them abandon run. They threw 39 times. Doesn’t count sacks or running as last resort. They ran for 53 yards total. Best RB in B12 didn’t run. Defense didn’t all of a sudden know how to stop run. OSU didn’t run because they were down.
Our offense is not Iowa, it never has been or never will be. Now you’re just being a damn troll. Iowa is a historically bad offense and has been for a while. UCF was just a top-10 offense in the country, that is literally a fact. There’s zero comparison, no reason to even bring them up.

My point is balance. An even average defense turns this program around. Your argument is that defense doesn’t really matter. Just score a lot of points and either a) just outscore opponents in shootouts or b) just jump out to insanely flukey leads in the first half where teams are forced yo be one-dimensional all season (like what happened one time against OSU).

We don’t have a Heupel offense, I don’t know what to tell you. We aren’t designed to average 45 points/game. The promise when Gus was hired was that the team would be more balanced, the defense wouldn’t be exhausted/on the field so often (because the offense only knew how to operate in warp speed), and that the defensive side of the ball would be fast/fierce/athletic. Over the last two seasons, the defense has been well behind the offense.

If the defense and coaching was even moderately average, UCF is in a better position to win 2-3 games this season. Getting beat up and pushed around by GT is embarrassing.

2018 turnover margin: +14
2023 turnover margin: -2

That’s 14 extra possessions in games over opponents, not to mention the cascading effect of scoring off those turnovers, how the other team must then play, and just eating clock so the other team can’t score.

I mean, it all matters because it is cumulative but turnover margin is generally pretty critical to being good/great, or great/elite. Of course, elite, well executed offense can be a game changer as well. We have had great offenses the last couple of years and I don’t even think we have anywhere near great execution. When that happens…look out.

Sorry if already posted but it looks like there are issues with our LB addition. His Twitter and Instagram has no mention of UCF, for what’s it’s worth.

• Sad
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
The next 7-10 days will be very interesting and possibly special for UCF. Lots of guys (LB, DE, WR, OL) will be chomping at the bit to be a part of this 2024 squad.

It's like a country song played backward. You get everything back.

aXALWqg_460s.jpg
But but but......what about your doubts? What about these guys being "out of reach" for UCF or not "realistic options" because UCF is not on a high enough level for some recruits that you love to consistently point out? Let's wait till he enrolls now before you eat crow huh? Lol clown.

Reactions: U C to the F
They’ve whiffed on everyone. But when they get someone the Hurricane fans will act like he’s the missing piece.
it’s a desperate fanbase down there, my G.

20 years of irrelevance can turn have an effect

thought they were cookin’ with Richt in 2017, but ol’ boy came down with the shakes

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Hope you are right but I believe there will have to be come coaching changes for that to come true.
We had new coordinator's last year. I tend to think they learn on the job. I wouldn't push the panic button yet.
On defense we were playing against bigger, faster, better players and we looked slow. Hopefully that changes.

But but but......what about your doubts? What about these guys being "out of reach" for UCF or not "realistic options" because UCF is not on a high enough level for some recruits that you love to consistently point out? Let's wait till he enrolls now before you eat crow huh? Lol clown.
Hold on there buddy ...

My message on portal QBs has always been the same and consistent: It doesn't matter who commits; it only matters who ENROLLs.

When NC State landed Grayson McCall, my immediate response was "now the hard part will be keeping him until he enrolls. "

The u has a million freaking dollars in its war chest to pay a portal QB. Will Howard, Malachi Nelson, and Jordan McCloud* are the last available guys. But don't think for a second Miami won't offer McCall and/or KJ Jefferson TWICE what NC State and UCF is paying, respectively, if the u thinks it is in the program's best interest. It is going to be a hair-raising next seven days for UCF.

the ring samara morgan GIF

FYI, Scooby Williams is the only player I have ever said may be out of reach for UCF. He may be "out of reach" financially. He is from North Alabama and was recruited to Auburn by TWill (now at Arkansas) while Rodney Garner (now at Tennessee) was his lead recruiter. (Tennessee was the first school to offer Williams out of high school.) Freddie Roach (uat D-line coach) was his lead recruiter at uat. All I am saying is the kid has a lot of contacts at programs with way more money to throw around than UCF.

I like the kid and think he would be a good fit for UCF.

Last edited:
WTF….. LOL……EVERYONE knows Kent McCloud is a much better QB
I obviously meant Kyle McCloud. :D

Speaking of Kyle McCord and "a" Ohio State University, I found this article very interesting: https://amp.awfulannouncing.com/col...zman-podcast-ohio-state-buckeyes-benched.html

History Channel Treasure Hunting GIF by HISTORY UK

Highlights:

"In the podcast, Hinzman claimed that the Buckeyes had far fewer practices ahead of the Cotton Bowl than they did for their bowl prep last season, replacing them with “light workouts” instead. He also alleged that the Miami Hurricanes offered former Ohio State commits Justin Scott and Jordan Lyle massive amounts of money to flip their commitments, and claimed that “Ohio State doesn’t really like to pay guys a whole lot” in the form of NIL payments, claiming that offensive linemen in particular “don’t get paid” at Ohio State."

"Hinzman also compared the current culture of the program under Day to the culture under previous head coach Urban Meyer, indicating that Meyer’s practices and workouts were much more difficult and asked a lot more of players physically."

"Even though Hinzman started all 12 regular season games for the Buckeyes this season, he did not play a single snap in the Cotton Bowl showdown with Missouri as former starting right guard Matt Jones moved to center for the game with senior offensive lineman Enokk Vimahi starting in his place at right guard."
The Office Lol GIF

Last edited:
I didn’t ever think he was particularly good but I’d be down for a reunion. Interesting he’s leaving Miami despite his brother still being there, the main reason why he transferred there in the first place

College football players, with only a few exceptions, have until midnight tonight to submit their names into the transfer portal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT