ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Knightgatorz

Three-Star Recruit
Nov 25, 2023
Since December 4 opens the portal thought a thread was ended not just qb.

We need QB at least 1 if not 2. Timmy stinks and was a bad signing. Singleton would be better. That fcs qb has bust written all over him.
UCF needs:

O line(2 minimum)

D line(god please no fcs guys. Verse was a rarity most bust on d line. 2 minimum)

Running back(1 bellcow)

Wide receiver(2 minimum)

Linebacker(3 minimum)

We’ll see if SJ is as big of a pos as his parents and stealing our money or if “the kingdom” is serious.

Since December 4 opens the portal thought a thread was ended not just qb.

We need QB at least 1 if not 2. Timmy stinks and was a bad signing. Singleton would be better. That fcs qb has bust written all over him.
UCF needs:

O line(2 minimum)

D line(god please no fcs guys. Verse was a rarity most bust on d line. 2 minimum)

Running back(1 bellcow)

Wide receiver(2 minimum)

Linebacker(3 minimum)

We’ll see if SJ is as big of a pos as his parents and stealing our money or if “the kingdom” is serious.

Matthew Sulka is the sixth ranked transfer prospect and No. 2 quarterback overall.

Reactions: Collinsco
UCF, under Gus Malzahn, has failed to recruit the high school ranks for: OL, LB and WR positions.

Let’s see what Auburn Legacy 1 has to say?

Reactions: The Nation of UCF
Yes, need 1-2 QBs....one with play time experience and a young guy with a high ceiling.

Timmy wasn't bad at all, he just never gave the team any spark (witness the Baylor game).....Plumlee doesn't lose that game. Then again, played great @ K State. Hope he sticks around to compete:

Passing​

Passing
YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2021South FloridaAmericanFRQB1114526255.318887.26.457116.8
2023UCFBig 12SOQB6639864.3100810.311.292176.9

Well…UCF has needs, everyone has needs. Kingdom NIL better start paying up.

UCF, under Gus Malzahn, has failed to recruit the high school ranks for: OL, LB and WR positions.

Let’s see what Auburn Legacy 1 has to say?
Wrong…multiple 4 ⭐️ LBs recruited. Would still have 2 stars there too if they didn’t transfer. OL has Kitler who has started this year, Sinclair committed currently. We’re stacked with depth at WR, but Xavier Townsend says “hi”. You’re an idiot.

I don't agree about D lineman either. We have Lawrence, Walker, Alexander, DeClerc and Nixon already on the roster who are either Freshman or Soph's. Also have 2 or more about ready to sign with us out of high school. Also don't agree about WR either. We have many on the roster and again 2 or three coming. Just my opinion though.

I don't agree about D lineman either. We have Lawrence, Walker, Alexander, DeClerc and Nixon already on the roster who are either Freshman or Soph's. Also have 2 or more about ready to sign with us out of high school. Also don't agree about WR either. We have many on the roster and again 2 or three coming. Just my opinion though.
If defensive linemen succeeded as freshmen or sophomores then jimbo would still have a job. Look at Kansas State and Utah. They’re so good because their linemen don’t start until junior year or redshirt to beef up. They’re 3,4,5 year guys. Oh and we play one of them this year. All I heard this year was that UCF didn’t have depth on the lines. Now you don’t want depth?

Also lol at thinking freshmen lbs starting immediately is a good idea.

We all talked about how the LB corps was thin and not where it needed to be at the beginning of the season so honestly I don't blame the DL and feel like we need a big LB haul this year or we're gonna see the same thing happen again to our defense.

If DL are eating up blocks the LB have to come up, plug the gaps and actually make tackles.

My own rude awakening: any slight depth/talent issues are gonna be glaring in the Big12 and we can't hide that crap like we did in the AAC.

If defensive linemen succeeded as freshmen or sophomores then jimbo would still have a job. Look at Kansas State and Utah. They’re so good because their linemen don’t start until junior year or redshirt to beef up. They’re 3,4,5 year guys. Oh and we play one of them this year. All I heard this year was that UCF didn’t have depth on the lines. Now you don’t want depth?

Also lol at thinking freshmen lbs starting immediately is a good idea.
I didn’t say anything about linebackers.

It's McDonald. Frankie Arthur is taking his spot. Meh. Also I would watch out for XT. Let's just say he's not the biggest fan of SJ Tuohy for obvious reason involving the kingdom.

EDIT: Sorry can't respond because of the restriction rate/ whatever. Anyways. A lot of players felt SJ was a asshole when he worked for Gus. Came off as a dick. Also the whole Oher situation rubs players the wrong way as "well if his parents stole a players money, how do I know he's not taking mine?"

Also we contacted the Purdue WR in the portal and Gus is sniffing around Cottal(?) the TAMU WR.

Watch for Gus to go after TAMU recruits. Kam has been working the phones.

Cincinnati lost a rb. One to watch as h's from Florida. So I don't think finding a rb will be hard.

Edit:
LSU RB in the portal. 2 years elgible. Very dynamic, but injury prone/does not get touches

Also along with Malachi watch for Max Johnson. Gus likes him and will probably try to get him in for a visit. 2 years eligible and would allow EJ Colson/Riley to learn the system.

Last edited:
It's McDonald. Frankie Arthur is taking his spot. Meh. Also I would watch out for XT. Let's just say he's not the biggest fan of SJ Tuohy for obvious reason involving the kingdom.
No. What's the scoop?

I first saw Touhy on Sons of UCF and he came across to me as a complete jacka**, with a very low IQ.

Reactions: Knightgatorz

EDIT: Sorry can't respond because of the restriction rate/ whatever. Anyways. A lot of players felt SJ was a asshole when he worked for Gus. Came off as a dick. Also the whole Oher situation rubs players the wrong way as "well if his parents stole a players money, how do I know he's not taking mine?"

Also we contacted the Purdue WR in the portal and Gus is sniffing around Cottal(?) the TAMU WR.

Cincinnati lost a rb. One to watch as h's from Florida. So I don't think finding a rb will be hard.

Edit:
LSU RB in the portal. 2 years elgible. Very dynamic, but injury prone/does not get touches

Also along with Malachi watch for Max Johnson. Gus likes him and will probably try to get him in for a visit. 2 years eligible and would allow EJ Colson/Riley to learn the system.
Does not fit the system (Johnson) also would want a starter role, not just to compete.

Edit:

Singleton would be a dream come true for UCF.

Goodwin will be under a lot of pressure to go to Auburn. He played HS ball for Josh Floyd, Gus Malzahn's first big-time HS quarterback. In my opinion, he is a better fit for Oregon than UCF.

Goodwin did commit to Malzahn in 2019, but decommitted a month before Gus was fired.

Last edited:

Edit:

Forget about the TAMU receiver…he wants a big payout and a place with an established QB.

Everything revolves around having an accurate QB….If we have a solid QB everything else will fall into place for our offense.
Yes, but that’s usually the case for every football team. It will be interesting to see what UCF does. They brought in the USF kid and the Charlotte backup QB…neither one can transfer and play right away so they’ll be at UCF.

UCF also has the 2023 high school recruit and Trujillo coming in. That’s four scholarship QBs on the roster. They could take one more but that’s it.

Indiana is having a fire sale. Have some nice players. Say what you will about Tom Allen as a hc, but the guy knew how to recruit big linemen.

Idk why Gus did not try to get him, but he’s good

Lb, but is from Kentucky so

6’5 olinemen. From Cincinnati, but satterfield is trash
Zach carpenter

300lb oline man(yes please)

Also the vandy olineman would be intriguing.

Yes, but that’s usually the case for every football team. It will be interesting to see what UCF does. They brought in the USF kid and the Charlotte backup QB…neither one can transfer and play right away so they’ll be at UCF.

UCF also has the 2023 high school recruit and Trujillo coming in. That’s four scholarship QBs on the roster. They could take one more but that’s it.
If they bring someone in, he needs to be the bonafide starter to justify it. Nobody that throws 60%

Max Johnson is getting linked to FSU already. He’s a legacy there.
Max Johnson is trash at 2 different programs now. Doesn’t fit Gus’ system anyways.

Malachi Singleton would be the perfect fit. Gus should go hard after him.

Greg Gaines and Treshaun Ward in transfer portal. Both from Tampa. Miami doesn’t need a rb or wr. Uf doesn’t need a rb or wr. Fsu won’t take Ward again.

UCF needs to be all over them especially Ward.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
I saw somebody here posting about getting a guy to take a visit. It’s the transfer portal…any and all high profile QBs that enter will do so with a destination and a NIL figure in mind. Programs have to work hard and fast to get a player that’s demand.

Top transfer guys don’t want to waste time taking a bunch of visits or getting pictures with a coach wearing an astronaut character costume. This is serious business.

Last edited:
Greg Gaines and Treshaun Ward in transfer portal. Both from Tampa. Miami doesn’t need a rb or wr. Uf doesn’t need a rb or wr. Fsu won’t take Ward again.

These are the type of guys UCF can get.

Those are the two positions we’re good in. We need line players and lbs.

Reactions: 90Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT