ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Chandler Rogers (UNT) has joined the portal party. He was on my list last year as a guy we should look at.

Had a good year, 62% completions, 34 total TDs, 5 Ints…OK runner (900 yrds and 10 TDs in 3 years)

Very good news, welcome back
Yes that is great news! Losing two starters on the offensive line with over 60 combined starts as it is (Pauole, Grable). Offensive line depth/experience is a massive need for UCF this off-season. We can talk about QB’s all-day, but that doesn’t help a ton of our line doesn’t perform (which it did this year at a high-level, considering all the shuffling).

Medley back is a big deal. He helps, but I still think they need to bring 2-3 more 5th/6th year guys in.

One of the best posts Ive read on this board. There is not one player who is on any of our athletic teams that does not want to participate. Unfortunately, they all cannot participate as they wanted to. They are not here for a free meal or free scholarship only, I can guarantee you that. Anybody that plays at this level had other opportunities.

It is name-calling by a guy who probably never played in his
Nailed it…especially the part about never playing in their life….they’re usually the harshest and most critical….because they have no clue of what it takes to compete and develop

Last edited:
Reactions: connerito
Nailed it…especially the part about never playing in their life….they’re usually the harshest and most critical….because they have no clue of what it takes to compete and develop
You got it. Like they say the games are the easiest part, preparing is the hardest. 6am weight lifts, running etc. There are NO days off

Reactions: 90Knight
Thornton is the first big domino to fall out of the team, but I figured he was gone anyways. I thought he was going to try the nfl rather than the portal (even though he may not have gotten drafted)

This is a dude right here. Starting DE for FSU. Other DL for FSU will also leave as the DL coach is expected to take another job.

Thornton is the first big domino to fall out of the team, but I figured he was gone anyways. I thought he was going to try the nfl rather than the portal (even though he may not have gotten drafted)
Richardson and Townsend are probably going to the portal as well.

Not many guys from UCF will have much value in the portal other than: Harvey, Baker & Hudson. Lee would as well but he can’t transfer and be eligible for 2024.

Walker would draw some interest but he’s already getting top money from UCF.

Not many guys from UCF will have much value in the portal other than: Harvey, Baker & Hudson. Lee would as well but he can’t transfer and be eligible for 2024.

Walker would draw some interest but he’s already getting top money from UCF.
I don’t see Townsend leaving if (as expected) Baker and Kobe leave. He’ll be the defacto #1. Johnny I could see leaving, feels like he’s used as the change of pace back no matter what and he may want more than that

Let’s see what Kingdom NIL can do?
Must be a fan of rocketman.

elton john piano GIF by Rocketman

Just to remind you fans again. Transfers are not making visits to take a picture with Gus Malzahn wearing a cheap astronaut character costume. They are not coming to yell “To the Moon!”

Viable transfers want to see a plan where they can get drafted. They also want to get PAID. They don’t care about you fans “bouncing” or any of that stuff.

Again…how’s the war chest for Kingdom NIL looking? Anyone have an idea how much UCF has to spend on a transfer QB?

One year rental, IMO only works if we also bring in a young guy with a high ceiling to prep for 2025....or maybe Trujillo looks like that 2025 guy. In either case, Rizk probably leaves next offseason unless MCall gets injured. Sure Timmy would leave now.

One concerning thing about McCall, although he ran for alot of yards in 2021....the last 2 years that total is WAY down, even taking injury into account.

Either way, one year QB rentals make things complicated for the future.

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
People didn’t want Shough because of injuries but McCall missed half of last season injured. Another 5 or 6 loss season incoming.

People didn’t want Shough because of injuries but McCall missed half of last season injured. Another 5 or 6 loss season incoming.
Big difference, Shough was hurt most of his career….15 starts in 5 years. Never played in more than 7 games in any season. And his stats are not all that good….go and compare the two

Reactions: Yaes and ReturnOf
Would be an interesting choice for Malzahn, McCall has averaged less than 3 yards a carry for the last three years. He had 4 games this year with negative rush stats.

Reactions: Shark19
Baker is not staying and neither is RJ Harvey.
Baker would have to go to the NFL he's already used his transfer and would have to get a hardship waiver (good luck) or graduate. Harvey can transfer but why? He is rolling in this offense but I could easily see him going pro.

Would be an interesting choice for Malzahn, McCall has averaged less than 3 yards a carry for the last three years. He had 4 games this year with negative rush stats.
Agree, looks like he should be targeting something with a pro-style offense.

The good news is there are a lot of dual threat guys with multiple years of eligibility in the portal that the big NIL dogs might not be all that interested in.

Cough….Byrum Brown…..cough
Not yet in the portal

And I guess that Singleton is staying put….even though he didn’t see the field this year, is not in line for a starting job, and they have a 4 star QB in their 2024 recruiting class

Agree, looks like he should be targeting something with a pro-style offense.

The good news is there are a lot of dual threat guys with multiple years of eligibility in the portal that the big NIL dogs might not be all that interested in.

Cough….Byrum Brown…..cough
Not yet in the portal

And I guess that Singleton is staying put….even though he didn’t see the field this year, is not in line for a starting job, and they have a 4 star QB in their 2024 recruiting class
Couple of points ...

No. 1, Gus/UCF believes his/its QB of the Future is on campus or about to be on campus.

No. 2, Arkansas's addition of Bobby Petrino changes things for Singleton and the rest of the Arkansas QB room.

I will explain No. 1. Gus/UCF has ONLY been targeting Super Senior QBs, one-year rentals to serve as a transition for whoever the guy is. It looks like Gus/UCF has about 250k-300k in the treasure chest set aside for the 2024 hired gun.

I will explain No. 2. PIGtrino--the only coach in CFB I rank above Malzahn--has adapted his offense to fit the talents of dual threat guys. KJ Jefferson, Jacolby Griswell, Malachi Singleton, and incoming St. James QB KJ Jackson all fit the mold of a Lamar Jackson (Louisville) / Jason Shelley (Missouri State) that Petrino can work magic with.

Reactions: Knightmare13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT