ADVERTISEMENT

*UCF Pro Day 03/29*

8267023.jpg

Is catching three footballs a new pro day drill?

Is catching three footballs a new pro day drill?

How about FIVE for FIVE !!!!

I hope he doesn’t go. After day 1 every pick the camera will show the guys that are there and not picked yet. Doesn’t make sense to go unless you are a top 10 guy.

I hear you on that. I watched the Draft with Bortles and it was on focused on Moneybags Manziel. After every pick you saw his disappointed face. It’s a trap!

No one, including Shaqueem, thinks he is going day 1. He probably won't ever even be in the green room. This isn't a Top QB pick falling down the board, so people need to calm down. THIS is history being made. A one handed player is going to get drafted into the NFL. The league, the team that takes him and Shaq himself want this moment. They want it on the big stage. They want it on camera, whether its day 1, day or day3. It's a great story. This year will be the highest rated day 3 of the draft ever. Book it.

You are all looking at it wrong. This is NOT the story of someone falling down the draft board in embarrassment. This IS the story of the longest shot ever making history and celebrating it.

It looks more like they are making it into a spectacle. Great for inspiring others that can look up to this, however, it also just seems like exploitation.

If he's looking to use this platform to be a role model for others that's great, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be treated like any other player in the draft.

Reactions: Mikesi
Jameis Winston was a Top 5 Pick and he decided to skip the draft to be with his family at home in Alabama. Congrats to Shaq on the invite but being at the draft just adds to the stress of the whole process so I understand why many players want to skip it all together.

Last edited:
I would recommend that he stay in the somewhat privacy of his close friends and family. When his name is called, put all the cameras all over him if he desires. No need to show the reaction of a player BEFORE he is drafted. That’s unnecessary stress, drama and exploitation IMO. It’s been done in the past and nothing good has ever come out of It for the player. Johnny Manziel and Aaron Rodgers come to mind. There have been many many examples of others. It only makes for good ratings for ESPN.

No one, including Shaqueem, thinks he is going day 1. He probably won't ever even be in the green room. This isn't a Top QB pick falling down the board, so people need to calm down. THIS is history being made. A one handed player is going to get drafted into the NFL. The league, the team that takes him and Shaq himself want this moment. They want it on the big stage. They want it on camera, whether its day 1, day or day3. It's a great story. This year will be the highest rated day 3 of the draft ever. Book it.

You are all looking at it wrong. This is NOT the story of someone falling down the draft board in embarrassment. This IS the story of the longest shot ever making history and celebrating it.
Getting invited to the draft is sitting where the players sit. It isn’t sitting in the crowd or in his hotel room. It doesn’t make sense to go knowing you won’t get picked till day 2 at the earliest.

Correct...plus, many of his sponsors (including Adidas) are THRILLED he will be at the draft for a few days, getting lots of airtime on NFL Network, ESPN, etc...

No clue how anyone thought he would "sit" in the Green room with other expected first round picks.

HE'S NOT EXPECTED TO GO ON DAY ONE BY ANYONE IN THE UNIVERSE. Why do we keep talking about this anxiety of them showing him every time he doesn't get picked. They aren't going to do that. This idea that you only go if you're going to sit in the waiting area the entire time waiting to be picked is missing the point entirely. Shaq isn't everyone else. He isn't Manziel. He isn't Rogers. He isn't Brady Quinn. He's the first person to ever get drafted with ONE HAND. THAT is history. That is inspirational. You want that on the center stage. And selfishly for the networks, you want that on Day 3 to get the highest ratings ever for a Day 3.

Honestly, how do people not get this?

HE'S NOT EXPECTED TO GO ON DAY ONE BY ANYONE IN THE UNIVERSE. Why do we keep talking about this anxiety of them showing him every time he doesn't get picked. They aren't going to do that. This idea that you only go if you're going to sit in the waiting area the entire time waiting to be picked is missing the point entirely. Shaq isn't everyone else. He isn't Manziel. He isn't Rogers. He isn't Brady Quinn. He's the first person to ever get drafted with ONE HAND. THAT is history. That is inspirational. You want that on the center stage. And selfishly for the networks, you want that on Day 3 to get the highest ratings ever for a Day 3.

I’m a big NFL fan and after round 1 the draft is real boring. People aren’t going to watch the draft. They’ll watch sports center or read about it. What does invite to the draft mean to you? Just go to Host City and wait to get drafted before you go to venue?

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
I’m a big NFL fan and after round 1 the draft is real boring. People aren’t going to watch the draft. They’ll watch sports center or read about it. What does invite to the draft mean to you? Just go to Host City and wait to get drafted before you go to venue?

It means you go there and do media appearances and enjoy the entire spectacle with your friends and family. Then when your time comes on day 2 or 3, when your time comes, walk out onto that stage.

This is a kid who has overcome move obstacles to achieve more success than most of us can truly understand. Hearing his name called means more to him than the average player who has probably been expecting this for a few years, if not since they were in high school. This kid has been doubted his entire life all the way up until just a month ago. People just want him to quietly experience this moment at home for fear of "embarrassment" of having to wait until day 2 or 3?? Seriously? He's a one handed football player who has fought harder than anyone else every day of his life for this since he was 5 years old. NOT wanting to be there would be weirder.

It means you go there and do media appearances and enjoy the entire spectacle with your friends and family. Then when your time comes on day 2 or 3, when your time comes, walk out onto that stage.

This is a kid who has overcome move obstacles to achieve more success than most of us can truly understand. Hearing his name called means more to him than the average player who has probably been expecting this for a few years, if not since they were in high school. This kid has been doubted his entire life all the way up until just a month ago. People just want him to quietly experience this moment at home for fear of "embarrassment" of having to wait until day 2 or 3?? Seriously? He's a one handed football player who has fought harder than anyone else every day of his life for this since he was 5 years old. NOT wanting to be there would be weirder.
Unless a team has informed the league that they will take him in first or early second, I don’t see point in being at the draft. He may go earlier if the NFL has asked him. But if he doesn’t, it’s not about being embarrassed or ashamed. It’s about shaking the hand if commissioner while a lot of people are watching. Not a guest reader when no one is watching. Where do you think his family and he are going to sit during all of this? He has to be there in order to come out when it’s his turn.

Unless a team has informed the league that they will take him in first or early second, I don’t see point in being at the draft. He may go earlier if the NFL has asked him. But if he doesn’t, it’s not about being embarrassed or ashamed. It’s about shaking the hand if commissioner while a lot of people are watching. Not a guest reader when no one is watching. Where do you think his family and he are going to sit during all of this? He has to be there in order to come out when it’s his turn.

Who cares where they sit? Why are you concerned with where they are sitting? If after all he's been through, you still can't see the point of how this is a big deal to not only him, but to every kid that's had a similar setback but keeps fighting for a chance, I don't know what to tell you.

If you think no one will be watching, you're just flat out wrong. Watch how many times it gets replayed on ESPN and social media. This is an emotional, historic event and you're going to miss it.

This is all becoming way too complicated. I think that he should withdraw his name from the draft and become a free agent. [winking][laughing]

Reactions: Wings0fred
Who cares where they sit? Why are you concerned with where they are sitting? If after all he's been through, you still can't see the point of how this is a big deal to not only him, but to every kid that's had a similar setback but keeps fighting for a chance, I don't know what to tell you.

If you think no one will be watching, you're just flat out wrong. Watch how many times it gets replayed on ESPN and social media. This is an emotional, historic event and you're going to miss it.
I’ll have more of a chance to be watching than most people in here. I can guarantee you won’t be watching when he gets drafted. You’ll see my post and the replays though. I wouldn’t be concerned on where he is sitting if you and someone else hadn’t said he won’t be sitting where the other players are sitting.

I’ll have more of a chance to be watching than most people in here. I can guarantee you won’t be watching when he gets drafted. You’ll see my post and the replays though. I wouldn’t be concerned on where he is sitting if you and someone else hadn’t said he won’t be sitting where the other players are sitting.

Why are you getting so freaked out by where he is sitting at all? Me and others are speculating on it. It's not like we work for the NFL. Also, you know they have areas backstage to sit and mingle that aren't on camera right?

You guarantee I won't be watching? Really? What exactly will I be doing? Are you getting me a surprise lunch outing or something?

You're being weird about the whole thing. A special kid from our school is going to the NFL draft to be recognized for an achievement no other human being has ever accomplished and you're acting like its the biggest mistake/most ridiculous thing you've ever heard of. I can only imagine how upset you're going to be when they call his name and his physical location is not somewhere other than on the stage. Make sure to avert your eyes from the screen.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow

Granted this is a unique situation but in no way is it the norm and that is precisely why there are so many questions and concerns as to how this will play out. In 2017 (25) players showed up to the draft......(19) of them were taken in the first round and the last to be selected was mid 2nd round. That is typical, this is not.......

This is the post that would be the catalyst of things going wrong on this thread. You started the overreaction and wonder why you get pushback.

I was watching. You seem to not have. Like I said most people aren’t watching and they didn’t show him. He shouldn’t have gone. Party at house would have been better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT