ADVERTISEMENT

UCF should be so blessed....

Why would you lose one? It's no different than playing at Pitt or UNC. Just make sure the other 2 ooc games are at home.

When you don't get to host 7 regular season home games...and end up with a 6-6, you "lose" a revenue generating home game...revenue which would be greater than ANY road game.

Unlike schools with early born on dates of the 1800's....UCF doesn't receive a "free" $40 Million Conf TV check annual. (UCF receives only a little over $2 Million from AAC), so UCF realize on that extra home game to help fund many varsity sports...like Rowing, Tennis, Golf, etc...

Last edited:
Football wise, it's hard to relate but i get your point. We do have that scenario in basketball with Creighton but obviously thats a different beast. A neutral site for those 2 would probably be 50-50 if it was closer to Omaha and 70-30 if it was closer to Lincoln I suppose. Bad example but I guess it makes your point.
If Creighton has a football team and in 40 years from now had a decent fanbase for home games. Not today’s landscape.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
When you don't get to host 7 regular season home games...and end up with a 6-6, you "lose" a revenue generating home game...revenue which would be greater than ANY road game.
His point was scheduling the away games in years you already have 2 or 3 OOC home games already.

Reactions: Crazyhole
your initial reaction is what most of the national media is running with that is ignorant and have never stepped foot on UCF's campus.

Even Kirk Herbsreit who has been condescending towards UCF changed his tune once he stepped foot On Campus & called a game at Spectrum. It's what the UCF fanbase has been fighting forever, as Scott used to say 'this place' is special and we don't have to accept a role. That's why UF didn't seem like a big deal to him while seeming crazy to anyone on the outside. Conference Affiliation is the only thing holding UCF back right now.

Probably some truth there. Clearly UCF is the cream of the crop as far as non P5 schools go and missing that designation is a big obstacle. I still question the idea that some conspiracy exists to keep UCF down. Maybe its a Florida thing. I just look at Texas and see schools like Baylor, Ttech, and TCU who are not traditional powers but weren't subject to the same sort of supposed conspiracy as many UCF fans claim exists.

Probably some truth there. Clearly UCF is the cream of the crop as far as non P5 schools go and missing that designation is a big obstacle. I still question the idea that some conspiracy exists to keep UCF down. Maybe its a Florida thing. I just look at Texas and see schools like Baylor, Ttech, and TCU who are not traditional powers but weren't subject to the same sort of supposed conspiracy as many UCF fans claim exists.
Texas seems more united. Florida is not like that. The State Government had to force UF to play FSU.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
also the State Government has gone out of it's way to F UCF over repeatedly & it's run by Gators

FSU's Football Stadium & USF's Bball arena used some state funds. UCF has been on it's own

I just look at Texas and see schools like Baylor, Ttech, and TCU who are not traditional powers but weren't subject to the same sort of supposed conspiracy as many UCF fans claim exists.

Those schools have also been playing football a long time. We started playing D1-A in 1996. We were late to the party.

Also, I don't see the Big-12 clamoring to add Houston or the others.

If Houston were 25-0 so far over two seasons they'd be hearing the same things we are and would be saying many of the same things.

There's no covert conspiracy. It's simple. The P5 doesn't want to split their money any more ways than they already do. Keeping up-and-comers out is a natural attribute of a have-and-have-nots system. This includes disparaging our accomplishments to try to justify their positions in the hierarchy.

Reactions: Knight Strength
If the payday is good enough, I can't see any reason to not take the offer. More positives than negatives by far.

I would assume the proposed deal would be similar to what USF agreed to with UF.

USF receives a grand total of 750k for BOTH games combined, pays UF 250k for the game in Tampa, AND UF gets 12k tickets for the "away" game.

When the overall revenue between the P5 and G5 teams is so monumentally different annually, this deal is really just theft.

Screw the deal .... it's like financing a car from a buy-here-pay-here lot when there are better alternatives.

Supposedly, the UF deal included that the away game would be at the citrus bowl and not on campus.

I would prefer a single game at a neutral site. I bet that game could get enough funding to appease both schools. I would also bet that UF would decline the game.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Increased national exposure
Inmproved strength of schedule
Minimal travel expense and time
Locking up 3 Non-con spots with 1-A team
Recruiting sales point
Chance to solidify UCF as a top 4 Fla. team
Earn respect for playing anyone, anywhere

What's the problem?
Exactly. As long as the 1 in the 2-1 is Spectrum. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. That’s how FSU got where they were. We are the ones with more to prove. Sure, Mullen and his AD are arrogant pricks, so it would make it even sweeter when we punch them in the mouth at The Dump, I mean Swamp.

How about this? If those punks at the P5 schools want a one and done with UCF right now pay up!!! At least five million per game. Were getting hundreds of million in free publicity and there's fan bases that want to shut us up! If LSU cant do at the bowl, offer five million per game to shut us up. Four OOC games. UCF shouldnt be playing this game for free.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Is UCF in the same University system as Florida and Florida St.? I really have no idea how you guys structure things?

UF has always been considered the premier university in the state mostly because they were an all white male college in the early 1900’s. FSU was the all white female school so they’ve always been considered the little sister.

As our population grew, so did more colleges for different needs in different areas but the state has been run by UF and FSU. This is starting to change, but the state would never step in on behalf of UCF to get into another conference similar to what’s happened in Texas and other states. We have to get our own and make our own and for that, I think a lot of feel like it just means more. We built this (mostly Dr. Hitt, but we paid fees as students dammit!) and feel so much pride in what we continue to see happen.

For those of y’all yelling at this c-hole, he’s a UCFan and learning the ropes. I honestly believe he’s adding value as a poster and not trying to be a d!ck. More just trying to figure out what we’re thinking vs what’s being shoved down everyone’s throat via the media.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
For those of y’all yelling at this c-hole, he’s a UCFan and learning the ropes. I honestly believe he’s adding value as a poster and not trying to be a d!ck. More just trying to figure out what we’re thinking vs what’s being shoved down everyone’s throat via the media.

He's a tolerable Cornfumbler fan and a part of the P5 alliance! Take him away!

Could be way off but I thought DW was open to a neutral site in some way shape or form. Don't hold me to it but I want to say it was a 1-1 AND a neutral site? Or just a neutral site?

Increased national exposure
Inmproved strength of schedule
Minimal travel expense and time
Locking up 3 Non-con spots with 1-A team
Recruiting sales point
Chance to solidify UCF as a top 4 Fla. team
Earn respect for playing anyone, anywhere

What's the problem?
You are dead wrong. The problem is we don’t need them. They are the team that has sucked of late, not us. It’s a totally one sided piece of crap. This whole schedule discussion happened because they ducked us in the peach bowl anyway. They can take their crappy one sided deal and pound sand.

Exactly. As long as the 1 in the 2-1 is Spectrum. Anyone, anytime, anywhere. That’s how FSU got where they were. We are the ones with more to prove. Sure, Mullen and his AD are arrogant pricks, so it would make it even sweeter when we punch them in the mouth at The Dump, I mean Swamp.
No, you set a president that you will acdept these one sided deals. Nobody will ever offer a fair even deal. We don’t need them, they are the ones running away from playing the game, not us. Chicken gators can take their “deal” and go away. We have nothing to prove to them or anyone else. The FSU crap is fake news. Different era, different situation, and never happened like people are claiming it did.

No, you set a president that you will acdept these one sided deals. Nobody will ever offer a fair even deal. We don’t need them, they are the ones running away from playing the game, not us. Chicken gators can take their “deal” and go away. We have nothing to prove to them or anyone else. The FSU crap is fake news. Different era, different situation, and never happened like people are claiming it did.
I respect that . . . You have you’re opinion. I have mine. I’m just not going to continue to be out of my mind pissed off, when we keep getting left out of the playoff, because we will. UCF winning isn’t going to change the SEC / ESPN, big $$ driven playoff. It’s like being a good looking guy that’s broke, with a crappy ride. You’re taking home a Pi Phi, and not the hot Tri Delt.

I respect that . . . You have you’re opinion. I have mine. I’m just not going to continue to be out of my mind pissed off, when we keep getting left out of the playoff, because we will. UCF winning isn’t going to change the SEC / ESPN, big $$ driven playoff. It’s like being a good looking guy that’s broke, with a crappy ride. You’re taking home a Pi Phi, and not the hot Tri Delt.

Follow the money. The big boys don't want to share the money.

That's what it all boils down to.

Nothing to do with actual games on the field.

You are dead wrong. The problem is we don’t need them. They are the team that has sucked of late, not us. It’s a totally one sided piece of crap. This whole schedule discussion happened because they ducked us in the peach bowl anyway. They can take their crappy one sided deal and pound sand.

I dont think they really care if they play you guys or not, so not sure why they would pound sand.

florida would go 3-0 vs ucf. and they will be blessed when lsu kicks there ass in a few weeks and humbles these idiot ucf fans on here .

If the payday is good enough, I can't see any reason to not take the offer. More positives than negatives by far.
USF is getting half as much as what Florida pays a FCS. So ... hell no!

somebody needs to tell mulletbrain that you have played 2 P5 teams since 2010 in your OOC play. and these have included teams like PSU, OSU, Michigan and this year Pitt who won the ACC Atlantic Division and played Clemson for the ACC Championship and UNC was cancelled. it sure is funny how the BT teams and ACC teams have no problem with playing your team.
Pitt even played @ UCF. last season GT was to play @ UCF and the away game was with BT Maryland a week after MD BEAT Texas and your team won 38-10
2016 UCF played @ Michigan and had a home game vs MD
in 2014 PSU played @UCF.

NOW what more does UCF have to do to toughen up their OOC schedule.

Mullethead needs to STFU

Depends though - that hot tri delt is likly a burner. I don’t want to get my bore punched because of gonasyphahereaids.

Reactions: ucfcracker
florida would go 3-0 vs ucf. and they will be blessed when lsu kicks there ass in a few weeks and humbles these idiot ucf fans on here .

Awww that is so cute! I didn’t know Arkansas had computers and cell phones! I just figured they were big on hoggin’. Isn’t the average Arkansanian woman about three hundred and fifty pounds? You can tell by the jawells.

Awww that is so cute! I didn’t know Arkansas had computers and cell phones! I just figured they were big on hoggin’. Isn’t the average Arkansanian woman about three hundred and fifty pounds? You can tell by the jawells.

This is the 3rd time this has been said for a NY bowl against UCF. Let's see what happened in the last 2 ...

120 minutes
10 minutes <- Number of minutes UCF trailed by 3-7 points (all in only 1 bowl)
>60 minutes <- Number of minutes UCF led by 7-17 points (in both bowls)

The only difference is that the first time UCF won a NY bowl, when it was a 17 point underdog (far worse than v. Auburn), against a higher ranked team, that team (and its conference) didn't make excuses when UCF won.

This is how pathetic the SEC is. Every time UCF beats an SEC team, there's always an excuse. Why is it the only "Power" conference that does it when UCF wins?

UCF is 3 out of its last 5 against AP Top 10 teams, sports more P5 wins than Boise this century, and has far more NY bowl wins than Florida this decade. At what point do the excuses end?

If UCF loses, UCF loses. But if you think UCF is just some MAC, SunBelt or (post-2012+) C-USA team, then prepare to be humbled ... a 3rd time.

I mean, it'll be 180 minutes, and the next 60 minutes still can't make up for the 120 minutes UCF has dominated its opponents in NY bowl games so far. Even Boise wasn't as dominate in its.

This is the 3rd time this has been said for a NY bowl against UCF. Let's see what happened in the last 2 ...

120 minutes
10 minutes <- Number of minutes UCF trailed by 3-7 points (all in only 1 bowl)
>60 minutes <- Number of minutes UCF led by 7-17 points (in both bowls)

The only difference is that the first time UCF won a NY bowl, when it was a 17 point underdog (far worse than v. Auburn), against a higher ranked team, that team (and its conference) didn't make excuses when UCF won.

This is how pathetic the SEC is. Every time UCF beats an SEC team, there's always an excuse. Why is it the only "Power" conference that does it when UCF wins?

UCF is 3 out of its last 5 against AP Top 10 teams, sports more P5 wins than Boise this century, and has far more NY bowl wins than Florida this decade. At what point do the excuses end?

If UCF loses, UCF loses. But if you think UCF is just some MAC, SunBelt or (post-2012+) C-USA team, then prepare to be humbled ... a 3rd time.

I mean, it'll be 180 minutes, and the next 60 minutes still can't make up for the 120 minutes UCF has dominated its opponents in NY bowl games so far. Even Boise wasn't as dominate in its.
I'll finish it for ya! "Even Boise wasn't as dominate in its." ATTEMPT to be a NATIONAL CHAMP!

at the Citrus Bowl they could get 25K plus fans in cheering for UF. At UCF that number could be capped at 5-6k. So a 40k-6k split with our students sections keeps a UCF home field advantage and makes it a true road game for UF.

And even though UCF's stadium is smaller it is an intimidating road venue. Just ask the coaches that have played there when sold out.
Game over POOLSIDE wins this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT