ADVERTISEMENT

UCF- Troy connection

ed4ucf

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Casselberry, Fl
Troys' 2 leading scorers so far this year are Will Weathers at 14.0 with 6.0 assists and R J Scott at 13.0 And, by the way, Sat's opponent, Hartford is last, #345, in Sagarin ratings.
glasses.gif

This post was edited on 11/30 1:53 PM by ed4ucf

both were (are) hard nosed defensive players that apparently have learned how to score the ball....I'm not surprised at RJ but Will's O must have improved significantly!

congrats to both guys!!

I saw him will play against Texas tech on ESPN3 couple of weeks ago and he was the best person on the court. He had 24 and 6 asst in a 5 pt loss.

Hoops "HATER" McKnight... level of comp? And we play Saint Thomas? BCC? and all mighty Stetson? Can't even have some words of praise for these gentlemen? Ive got to bring you a bottle of Haterade to the game sat. smh

Damn McKnight did you pee in someone's soda recently? Sh*t on his key board? This is two attacks in less than a week.

I still like your posts and completely agree that Troy is in a less competitive conference. (Yes, I realize we have NOT played any conference games yet)

OK, I'll apologize for this one. I was in a hurry, and was trying to convey that they're succeeding at their level of competition. I am happy for them. Not sure how much they'd help us today, though (although a backup PG would be helpful right now).

No reason to apologize for the other one...

Looks like both made great decisions that worked out for them as neither would get meaningful minutes at UCF. Will Weathers I liked and he may have gotten a look this year due to rompza's suspension and no true PG, but last year even Rompza didn't get as much PT at PG as many would have thought due to Jordan sliding over. This year with Jordan, Sykes, and Jeff Jordan, plus Rompza coming back, I don't see where Weathers fits in. RJ Scott would have been behind many, many players at SG/SF, I doubt he ever would have seen the court. Wish both well and I enjoy seeing them play very well at Troy, an old arch rival of UCF!

Originally posted by knights of UCF:
Looks like both made great decisions that worked out for them as neither would get meaningful minutes at UCF. Will Weathers I liked and he may have gotten a look this year due to rompza's suspension and no true PG, but last year even Rompza didn't get as much PT at PG as many would have thought due to Jordan sliding over. This year with Jordan, Sykes, and Jeff Jordan, plus Rompza coming back, I don't see where Weathers fits in. RJ Scott would have been behind many, many players at SG/SF, I doubt he ever would have seen the court. Wish both well and I enjoy seeing them play very well at Troy, an old arch rival of UCF!
This expresses far better what I meant than what I did in 3 words.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT