ADVERTISEMENT

*** UCF v Memphis Game Thread ***

Good win Knights.....Coming back like your team did shows a strong mental makeup.

Good luck rest of year until you come to Tampa and we whip that ass.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
I wouldnt be surprised if they drop us after the comeback against a 2 now 3 loss Memphis team. Im sure they have memphis/tulane as a game to easily reference in their anti-ucf think tank.

Not as ugly as 2010 or 2013, but probably the third damn ugliest win against them. I'm just glad we don't have to play it again until 2021. But we do have to play Houston the next two years.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I'll be pissed if we drop, but Notre Dame doesn't after nearly losing to Pitt at home.

Disappointed in a lot of you guys throwing in the towel so early. Don’t underestimate the heart of a champion

We have a target on our backs! Memphis is a very good team and it’s tough to beat good teams on the road. Watch them going forward. They have very few losses in 2 years other than to UCF. This was a home game as well.

Look at Norvell’s streak at home vs ranked teams. Navy was the same way last year!

Henderson is a beast. Yes, we almost got beat by 1 guy. Brady White was taught by Norvell how to not lose games, but he hasn’t taught him yet how to win one.

Shannon and Heupel made amazing halftime adjustments.

When Heupel saw that we couldn’t pass it in the rain, he ran it more successfully and called higher percentage passes

Instead of losing this game and plummeting out of the top 25, we'll probably be moving up with #2 Georgia, #7 Washington, and #8 PSU all losing.

THANK YOU RAIN.
Teams are slipping up and we are not. That says a lot

Wrong again. Heupel won us the game after the defense got gashed in the first half. Heupels calls on the two fourth and 1s won us the game
not saying they didn't and analytically speaking those were two fairly obvious decisions to make... still takes balls to do it though, don't get me wrong.

However, there is more to a game, then two plays, everyone will look back at the McGowan run because it was the most important play of the game for both teams, but I don't think UCF should have even been in that situation.

The defense also pitched a shutout in the 2h.

I'll further explain myself when I rewatch the game, but I kind of just wanted to throw it out there so everyone could get mad at me.

I also may correct myself after, but this is just my initial reaction and I've seen a lot of unbiased people on twitter saying the same.

I don't expect Huepel to be an amazing head coach right now, it's probably the hardest thing to do as a non-player in any sport, but it's easy to look better when the talent on your team is this good.

Milton was fantastic.

Shannon and Heupel made amazing halftime adjustments.

When Heupel saw that we couldn’t pass it in the rain, he ran it more successfully and called higher percentage passes
Only bad passing play was the one after the Memphis fumble on their own 40. We went for the jugular and the TE couldn’t block their DE.

not saying they didn't and analytically speaking those were two fairly obvious decisions to make... still takes balls to do it though, don't get me wrong.

However, there is more to a game, then two plays, everyone will look back at the McGowan run because it was the most important play of the game for both teams, but I don't think UCF should have even been in that situation.

The defense also pitched a shutout in the 2h.

I'll further explain myself when I rewatch the game, but I kind of just wanted to throw it out there so everyone could get mad at me.

I also may correct myself after, but this is just my initial reaction and I've seen a lot of unbiased people on twitter saying the same.

I don't expect Huepel to be an amazing head coach right now, it's probably the hardest thing to do as a non-player in any sport, but it's easy to look better when the talent on your team is this good.

Milton was fantastic.
I’ll have to read this tmrw. Too tired at the moment

Reactions: Mikesi
Heupel got bailed out, plain and simple. He called a bad game in the first half. Second half was dictated by rain so can’t hold that against him . Hopefully he will learn from it and do better going forward He needs to adjust his system to align with the skills of this roster.

Heupel got bailed out, plain and simple. He called a bad game in the first half. Second half was dictated by rain so can’t hold that against him . Hopefully he will learn from it and do better going forward He needs to adjust his system to align with the skills of this roster.
How did he get bailed out? He won with the right players that he called the right plays for?

Because of rain and his defense pitching a shut out in the second half. His play calling has been suspect at best. Even his own RB said so today

Because of rain and his defense pitching a shut out in the second half. His play calling has been suspect at best. Even his own RB said so today
What plays weren’t good?

Oh by the way, did you see the big loss run by
Killins where Snelson didn’t block at all because he was playing with a faulty hanging hand warmer?. Just wait until CJH sees the tape
Maybe he saw it. I was like WTF??

Killins said “we need to call better plays” and the sideline reporter called it out during the game.

Listen, I’m happy we won and I’ll take it by 1 or 50. But we left a lot of points on the field in the first half because we continue to run a 160 lb guy into the asses of the OL when stretching the field seems to be our best bet. I’m an armchair play caller like the rest of us, but in my opinion we need to throw down the field more.

Enough with this rain stuff, Memphis had to play in it too. The rain benefited Memphis more because all they needed to do was feed Henderson, who’s a strong downhill runner.

Killins said “we need to call better plays” and the sideline reporter called it out during the game.

Listen, I’m happy we won and I’ll take it by 1 or 50. But we left a lot of points on the field in the first half because we continue to run a 160 lb guy into the asses of the OL when stretching the field seems to be our best bet. I’m an armchair play caller like the rest of us, but in my opinion we need to throw down the field more.
Even though we did see both in the first half today, I think we need to see more of Greg and Taj earlier and often..............

We need to get playmakers in space with shorter passes. I agree, but we did look for the downfield pass. It wasn’t there and ended in a sack or incompletion.

Listen, I’m happy we won and I’ll take it by 1 or 50. But we left a lot of points on the field in the first half because we continue to run a 160 lb guy into the asses of the OL when stretching the field seems to be our best bet. I’m an armchair play caller like the rest of us, but in my opinion we need to throw down the field more.[/QUOTE]
This is not my burner account, I promise

AK needs to worry about AK sometimes. Make a guy miss AK.
where otis and his mom was sulking because of missed opportunities (love otis though and will come back we know its short term), ak was fired up and seemed willing to sacrifice his contribution for the good of the team. notice how greg mccrae and especially taj mcgowen stepped up afterwards.

that doesnt mean otis and ak needs to be benched for the year. we just needed to go with who had the momentum.

where otis and his mom was sulking because of missed opportunities (love otis though and will come back we know its short term), ak was fired up and seemed willing to sacrifice his contribution for the good of the team. notice how greg mccrae and especially taj mcgowen stepped up afterwards.

that doesnt mean otis and ak needs to be benched for the year. we just needed to go with who had the momentum.

Otis didn’t have his best game m. Dropped that one swing screen that might’ve gone for a TD.

AK got hurt tirstds the end of the game.

McRae and Taj didn’t step up after, they have literally stepped up all season

Football is dynamic. You have to go with the players that are playing their best.

McRae and Taj simply has better games yesterday on the field and backed up on the stat sheet. Play them if they can be productive and help us win.

Huepel and Shannon were terrible the 1st half. Shannon made adjustments that worked. Huepel was just able to get enough possessions. If that was Navy, we wouldn’t have had enough possessions to come back.

Reactions: AAC6800
Huepel and Shannon were terrible the 1st half. Shannon made adjustments that worked. Huepel was just able to get enough possessions. If that was Navy, we wouldn’t have had enough possessions to come back.

Excellent point.

Haha. Navy wouldn’t have scored 30 in 1 half either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT