ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs gators Game Thread ⚔️⚔️

Get used to this for the next several years. It's going to take a lot more losing before things change. Athletic Director and Gus are close friends. One big family.

And during that time, less fans coming to watch and donations drying up.

Gus Malzahn and Terry Mohajir are terminal cancers to UCF athletics. By the time they’re gone, what’s going to be left?

Horrible half, forced running by Gus. Never played the numbers. KJ is not a pocket passer. He is best when it all breaks down. Gus is killing any momentum this program had. He never had the line to be run dominate. Balanced at best.

Its complete crap not give the back up QB a chance. Because KJ is getting $350,000?? Who cares, make a change, at least try. Is that so much to ask?
Agree. The moneys spent, it doesn’t matter now. Find the players who can win on your roster. Gus is to loyal. KJ is playing every game he is healthy.

Reactions: knightraveler
I think it’s one thing if it was the Tebow-era Gators. They were a machine. But this is a “down” Gator team that we should at least be able to hang with
Sure, I don’t disagree to a point. Even if they play a top 5 team, with all the talk coming out of this program. Sleeping giant, next step, etc etc etc. they have to compete at a much hi gf er level than this. I don’t think UF will let off the gas either. Their Coach needs this win, he’s going to run it up.

Reactions: Knight59
Agree. The moneys spent, it doesn’t matter now. Find the players who can win on your roster. Gus is to loyal. KJ is playing every game he is healthy.
Gus is loyal? LOL. That’s why he keeps bringing in transfer QB after transfer QB to play over the QBs he recruited out of high school?

He’s just obsessively stubborn, maniac at times. He believes he’s right and he is unwilling to adapt.

He refuses to recruit a real quarterback. He cannot coach a quarterback, so no quarterback will ever come here anyway. We have three quarterbacks in three different programs that he ran off too.

In addition, we have guys jumping into the portal because they don’t wanna play in an offense where there is no quarterback so the receivers leave, or where is eight in the box on the defense so the running backs leave.

Gus is loyal? LOL. That’s why he keeps bringing in transfer QB after transfer QB to play over the QBs he recruited out of high school?

He’s just obsessively stubborn, maniac at times. He believes he’s right and he is unwilling to adapt.
Do you have an extra chromosome?

Horrible half, forced running by Gus. Never played the numbers. KJ is not a pocket passer. He is best when it all breaks down. Gus is killing any momentum this program had. He never had the line to be run dominate. Balanced at best.
Horrible half indeed. I cannot lie. It is hard to coach from 21 down at the half week on and week out on the road at night. Florida is not unbeatable. But the chances for UCF are getting slim.

The only 'game day' decision Gus made that I disagreed with was going for it on 4th and 1. Should have punted and played defense.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
Horrible half indeed. I cannot lie. It is hard to coach from 21 down at the half week on and week out on the road at night. Florida is not unbeatable. But the chances for UCF are getting slim.

The only 'game day' decision Gus made that I disagreed with was going for it on 4th and 1. Should have punted and played defense.
You can’t run 11 personnel with 6 or 7 in the box. The numbers don’t make sense. He has to know they would play the numbers and stuff the run. He had no answer to a problem everyone knew was coming. Even if you think you have the better offense, numbers matter.

You can’t run 11 personnel with 6 or 7 in the box. The numbers don’t make sense. He has to know they would play the numbers and stuff the run. He had no answer to a problem everyone knew was coming. Even if you think you have the better offense, numbers matter.
And UF is not going to care now if UCF runs the ball. Tick, Tick, Tick.

There are limited possessions each game. Gus’ makes that even more critical. To just keep pounding the ball, no play action at a minimum is crazy.

Gus is not calling plays to win, he’s calling it to keep it close. Not saying you have to be full pass mode but the clock matters.

Our red zone O is the most predictable in the nation. He is horrid. He has to be accountable for the recruiting of the quarterback as well.

Moving the ball on the ground like that is fine but the when the red zone compresses everything, you’ve got to be able to do more creative things. Which Gus incapable of.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT