ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs gators Game Thread ⚔️⚔️

No more retreads as a HC. Find an experienced HC that has success in a system that is conducive to the recruits that are in Florida. Meaning alpha skill positions, find the right qb and let it rip. Running, should always be a part of the game plane. There is zero doubt that RJ could get ample yards on 15 carries in a passing offense.

*retread meaning a failed long tenured coach looking for one more lay check.

Uh and the ones that fit that criteria are coaches who currently have jobs. When you hire a new coach, you’ve got 2 choices: retread HC, or young coordinator with potential. Unless you go with someone from a lower conference i guess, but that’s what UF is dealing with now
I disagree with this. UCF “should” be past taking a chance on a coordinator. Not saying finding a coordinator is wrong, just saying there are G6 coaches looking for a chance. Find the right one and even knowing they would bounce at the first SEC offer, that’s fine. Keep building until this is a destination.

Hell, if UCF offered that guy slightly down south, he would take it in a second. This is an attractive spot. Great recruiting, great weathers, great campus, great crowds even if not on the B1G orSEC level, it’s a great environment.

There is no doubt in my mind, there are many coaches dreaming of taking this job with all the advantages it has.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Good evening Knights, there wasn’t much separation between the coaching tonight as our coach Noggin can’t seem to put a game away. Don’t know what Gus was doing with the offensive schemes tonight either but not to worry guys at least your team will see a bowl game as I’d be surprised if we win 5 this year with Napier running the offense. See y’all next time with a different coach!

The 2nd half looked like two coaches that were satisfied with the outcome at halftime and wanted it over.
Gus was hoping for TCU 2.0 tonight. It just never makes sense to limit possessions when you’re down 3 scores.

It’s time to shed the scrappy under dawg label, and be a player in a P4. Tickets pinched, do something.

A
Good evening Knights, there wasn’t much separation between the coaching tonight as our coach Noggin can’t seem to put a game away. Don’t know what Gus was doing with the offensive schemes tonight either but not to worry guys at least your team will see a bowl game as I’d be surprised if we win 5 this year with Napier running the offense. See y’all next time with a different coach!
Aint no way we're making a bowl game. Thanks for being classy though.

I disagree with this. UCF “should” be past taking a chance on a coordinator. Not saying finding a coordinator is wrong, just saying there are G6 coaches looking for a chance. Find the right one and even knowing they would bounce at the first SEC offer, that’s fine. Keep building until this is a destination.

Hell, if UCF offered that guy slightly down south, he would take it in a second. This is an attractive spot. Great recruiting, great weathers, great campus, great crowds even if not on the B1G orSEC level, it’s a great environment.

There is no doubt in my mind, there are many coaches dreaming of taking this job with all the advantages it has.
Yeah I deleted my post because I realized I was just being emotional. My point was I think it’s a bit unrealistic to find somebody who checks all of those boxes. There is going to always be some risk with unknowns involved

That was the scramble drill. He came back to the QB.
You are a complete buffoon. You r here for one reason to protect and defend the indefensible. He cannot coach a quarterback under any circumstances. His scheme is horrible. We have guys leaving left and right because of the scheme n HIS QB. Running backs hate it because there’s 8 people in the box and the receivers hate it because we don’t have a quarterback, who can throw the ball nor does Gus know how to coach a quarterback to throw the ball. He is a fraud the president and AD have given him everything, but due to his arrogance and lack of knowledge, he has screwed it all up

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
You are a complete buffoon. You r here for one reason to protect and defend the indefensible. He cannot coach a quarterback under any circumstances. His scheme is horrible. We have guys leaving left and right because of the scheme n HIS QB. Running backs hate it because there’s 8 people in the box and the receivers hate it because we don’t have a quarterback, who can throw the ball nor does Gus know how to coach a quarterback to throw the ball. He is a fraud the president and AD have given him everything, but due to his arrogance and lack of knowledge, he has screwed it all up
UCF is 3-2 as predicted. That game meant zero in the Big 12 race. Nothing is lost that cannot be won back.

• Dislike
Reactions: Tiemanster
Yeah I deleted my post because I realized I was just being emotional. My point was I think it’s a bit unrealistic to find somebody who checks all of those boxes. There is going to always be some risk with unknowns involved
No reason to delete anything brother. I’m not right and you’re not wrong. Just my little opinion. Please always express your thoughts and let’s have fun talking about it. We can disagree forever, it I will forever want you to express your opinion.

None of us are right 100% of the time and that’s ok. It’s a message board of mostly never have and never was. I am a dirty t shirt fan that most of this base hates.

I just ask, that you don’t take anything I say personal bc I am never trying to do that.

No reason to delete anything brother. I’m not right and you’re not wrong. Just my little opinion. Please always express your thoughts and let’s have fun talking about it. We can disagree forever, it I will forever want you to express your opinion.

None of us are right 100% of the time and that’s ok. It’s a message board of mostly never have and never was. I am a dirty t shirt fan that most of this base hates.

I just ask, that you don’t take anything I say personal bc I am never trying to do that.
Outside of lobo, that guy is just a low hanging fruit I like to shut up.

Reactions: Retnuhrace
UCF is 3-2 as predicted. That game meant zero in the Big 12 race. Nothing is lost that cannot be won back.
Sorry, this is the low bar stuff that none of this fan base wants. You don’t understand these alumni or adjacent fans.

We all accepted the underdog role, and still can, but this fan base wants a contender for the 12, be consistently ranked and make the playoffs from time to time.

There just isn’t much of an excuse to recruit Florida, with elite athletes and decide to be a ball control run first offense when there isn’t enough talent on the line to hold up.

You only get away with this offense if you’re winning.

Give the worst Gator 🐊 team in 20 years credit?

Gus can….

giphy.gif

Sorry, this is the low bar stuff that none of this fan base wants. You don’t understand these alumni or adjacent fans.

We all accepted the underdog role, and still can, but this fan base wants a contender for the 12, be consistently ranked and make the playoffs from time to time.

There just isn’t much of an excuse to recruit Florida, with elite athletes and decide to be a ball control run first offense when there isn’t enough talent on the line to hold up.

You only get away with this offense if you’re winning.
Hard to win in Gainesville at night. Ask Hype-L

No more retreads as a HC. Find an experienced HC that has success in a system that is conducive to the recruits that are in Florida. Meaning alpha skill positions, find the right qb and let it rip. Running, should always be a part of the game plane. There is zero doubt that RJ could get ample yards on 15 carries in a passing offense.

*retread meaning a failed long tenured coach looking for one more lay check.

Chadwell or Sumrall?

This wasn’t about the Big 12. It was bigger than that for recruiting in state and being part of the Florida football conversation of the big3/4. Regardless Gus was never was the great offensive coach he has been made up to be.

This wasn’t about the Big 12. It was bigger than that for recruiting in state and being part of the Florida football conversation of the big3/4. Regardless Gus was never was the great offensive coach he has been made up to be.
Ignore him he’s either a friend or relative of Gus or has some unusual fantasy of him. Either way he’s a buffoon

Our programs’ signature win is against our current head coach. How the **** was this ever going to work out? The game had past Gus by when we smoked him in the Peach Bowl, he wasn’t getting it back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT