ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Memphis - American Championship game thread

This defense needs to turn around like the last time we played them.

1st adjustment...load box when they run Wildcat....go man on outside

2nd adjustment...Gilyard in for Jasinski (only serious for Gilyard in first half was 3 and out)

3rd adjustment...have corner sit on short side of field when back comes to flat. Safety already there over top

well he wasn't fired from Miami as a DC and the UF thing was a staff change.

this first half performance is embarrassing though.

Well if he were any good he'd still be at Miami or Florida. Not saying UCF is a bad job, but people don't leave programs like the above two unless they're not cutting it.

The fumble on the punt was an absolute killer. You got the feeling UCF would come out in the 3rd Qtr and put up 7.

No way around it. The D is going to have to get turnovers. They'll need to put 11 in the box. Give credit to the Henderson trick play throw for a TD that was pretty creative

And yet despite all that, UCF is still breathing (barely) in this game. Mack's play has been fairly decent (minus the 3 fumbles). If he learns to take care of the football and not put it on the ground he might end up being a really good QB. But that's gonna take time

Well if he were any good he'd still be at Miami or Florida. Not saying UCF is a bad job, but people don't leave programs like the above two unless they're not cutting it.
well he got fired from Miami as the head coach. He was never going back to Miami as a DC. And Dan Mullen wanted to bring his own people in.

While I'm rooting for UCF, I think the refs are protecting UCF today. 2 calls now that could easily have gone against them at critical times.

If UCF comes back and wins this, that is going to be a side story of the officiating

While I'm rooting for UCF, I think the refs are protecting UCF today. 2 calls now that could easily have gone against them at critical times.

If UCF comes back and wins this, that is going to be a side story of the officiating
Refs have been terrible all around. Not championship caliber.

38-35 it's a game again.

The storyline is this: If Mack and UCF offense take care of the ball, they will stay in the game.

I liked Huard's analysis of Jasinski and our DBs versus Henderson and their RBs. Now it looks theyre staying home and relying on the line to get penetration

They ate their whistles the entire 1st quarter. Ohvious holdings and late hits not called.

No matter what happens we all want UCF to win and theee threads get emotional. Everyone don’t hold it against another.

Reactions: lawknight
I had to look up who #66 was carrying KZ's jersey because he had the body of a pro prospect and he's a walk-on, Chidoziri Maghiro.

UCF's running plays developing behind are too SLOW. The Memphis guys are getting more than enough time to fill the gap and tackle.

I don't know what to call on 4th and 1. I say let Mack keep it, but I'm not sure if they'll find the hole.

I’m in a random bar/bowing alley in South Jersey and they have the game on. I’m yelling and everyone keeps looking at me - plus they’ve never seen a UCF hat in person before!

Alabama is being totally dominated by Georgia and should be down more then 14. Georgia pissed away 2 great chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT