ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Memphis Game Thread

Hard to pin it all on him - the playbook is so capped....
The box is jammed and yet we only toss within 10 yards.
I’d like to see data for how many times we’ve gone beyond that. O’keefe has to catch that one rare long ball we had....
Dude…it’s obvious it’s capped b/c Keene can’t throw more than 5 yards without the wrs waiting to catch it to get smacked in the mouth. This was not the playbook with DG

Reactions: UCFSig
First 2 drives we had lots of WR in motion with fakes and sweeps and Bowser up the middle = 14 points.
Since then we’ve had none of that = 0 points.

Go back to what worked the first 2 drives!!
Our second drive was a 3 and out. Do you mean the third drive that started inside their 30 after the muffed punt? Out first drive was 68 yards and our last 6 drives were 68 yards. 136 total. 30 passing.

Hard to pin it all on him - the playbook is so capped....
The box is jammed and yet we only toss within 10 yards.
I’d like to see data for how many times we’ve gone beyond that. O’keefe has to catch that one rare long ball we had....
yep D is creeping up bc we won’t even try to throw deep…our offense is GOL tier

I have no idea how this 2nd half will go. Will we get it going? Will Memphis running QB start gashing us? Wont be surprised either way.

My prediction UCF 27 Memphis 24.

Let’s Go!!

Reactions: Knight Strength
With Milton, sure the first season was rough, but at least he showed the occasional magic with his feet. With DG, he showed he had a great deep ball. With Mikey… I don’t see any above average skills. He does have the least amount of talent around him that we’ve had in recent years, and that’s something that has to be taken into consideration. But I just don’t see what there is to build upon.

Dude…it’s obvious it’s capped b/c Keene can’t throw more than 5 yards without the wrs waiting to catch it to get smacked in the mouth. This was not the playbook with DG
On those sideline throws - I agree

he’s shown us he can get the ball with anticipation on longer throws, albeit the sample size is so small (thanks to the play calling)

I’m saying it’s not fair to say this so definitively when the sample size pool is small and we have seen positives

Reactions: Yaes
Hey look. Another decent ball dropped…this one for a TD. Y’all need to chill on the Keene hate.
Keene threw that pick bc he saw this reply 😂
Gah....horrible read by the frosh...! He can air it. People can’t say that.

LOL… Gus play calling and horrible management isn’t helping. Memphis D read that like a comic book being 3rd and long.

Reactions: Knight59
let’s just say we’re lucky that Mempis’ 3rd string QB was playing. He looked as awful as ours, has just as noodly of an arm but could at least scramble.

The only negative tonight was defense #0. Guy had two boneheaded penalties. One for holding and the other a personal foul because he speared a receiver running his route.

Reactions: UCFSig
With Milton, sure the first season was rough, but at least he showed the occasional magic with his feet. With DG, he showed he had a great deep ball. With Mikey… I don’t see any above average skills. He does have the least amount of talent around him that we’ve had in recent years, and that’s something that has to be taken into consideration. But I just don’t see what there is to build upon.
In my opinion, his HS film does not support this.

Keene has not impressed me, but let's not act like there is a better option waiting somewhere on the bench. We gonna run Gatewood out there, and just not pass ever? Gatewood is the most ineffective Wildcat QB I've seen.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Good complete game. Good news we are seeing improvement on both sides of the ball. We need that to continue the rest of the year and hope for a bowl game.
It did help facing their third string QB. My only negative thought if Gatewood is not going to throw the ball stop putting him in. It just kills the momentum. I don't consider a shovel pass passing throwing the ball.😎

Man, I’m beginning to wonder wtf is going on with our play calling and clock management. Of course we already know our special teams suck.
When you are not good everything gets amplified. Bad plays look worse. Questionable coaching calls look even more questionable. Bad defense looks….well, “more badder”. Not much looks good when you are just an average team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT