UCF vs UConn Game Thread

UCF starting lineup:

PG M. Jordan
SG Sykes
SF R. Day
PF Clanton
C McCombs

Looks like a bigger crowd.

Once again, our body language sucks. Both teams look bored. Our size matches up with UCONN.

Block by Clanton for first play of the game.

Freaking love hearing "UCF UCF UCF!" Chants and "Defense Defense" Great job to all the UCF fans who could make it!!!

8-7 UCF real good game. We may actually have a chance. Knock on wood.

Close in the beginning then UCONN runs makes a run. UCF pulls it back close. At the end of the 1st half UCONN makes another run.

UCF 29
UCONN 39

UCONN's bigs are the difference. We can stop their bigs down low in the paint. Otherwise UCF is playing well despite being down by 10 points.

I can't watch the game, only follow on gametracker. Are Marcus and Crittle looking as bad as they are in the stats? At least Keith seems to be maturing into "the guy" for our team.

Size is hurting us. Marcus is forcing shots. Refs killed our last run but most of it is lapses.

IDK, M. Jordan is looking good.

The thing is we are one player away. One big. It would be a completely different game. Those who have played know what it is like to play against longer and more athletic team. UCONN is that team. We are one big (name intials are MC) away from this game. Personally I'm proud of our team. Clanton is a beast who is a sleeper NBA player.

Yeah. I just meant that during that run by UConn that he forced a couple things. Glad the team didn't panic and have made it interesting

Again within a few. I'm telling you, we are playing against better players at every position. They are longer and more athletic. We are fighting and doing what we can.

Down by 2
This post was edited on 11/25 3:40 PM by UCFhonors

I keep hoping that Crittle is going to become a good fill-in until we can find a true center, but he just keeps collecting fouls. Until he fixes that, he's going to spent a lot of minutes on the bench.

Their BIGs. That is the difference.

Our offense is good. Defense is good.

Their bigs is it. Defending National Championships up by 3 against a team who's centers are 6'8. Think about it.

Good news is, we had two scoring options last year (Clanton & M. Jordan). All we needed was a third option. We have options - plural. Options.

I knew we were going to be good this year, but I can't believe that just happened.

Great game Knights. We are now a BB school...
eek.gif

What a comeback! The announcers kept saying how UCF was the more veteran team of the two. Gave Clanton lots of hype and called him a sleeper for the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT