ADVERTISEMENT

*** UCF vs UCONN official game thread ***

I think the defense was better the first half of last season and got worse the second half. Hopefully it will steadily improve this season. We all saw some unnerving plays on defense even though they only scored 17 on us.
Felt like Shannon was going for a "bend don't break" approach.

With the way Milton is playing, you may be able to trade TDs for FG's, but an athletic defense that can keep up with the pace may spell trouble.

Hi guys. Just watched this game to see how UCF is doing in the post Frost era. I'm going to say that you guys were impressive offensively. Absolutely demolished UCONN every single possession and Milton is actually quite incredible.

I did notice that ucf's defense was abysmal. I think UCF and FAU is going to be a shootout. And considering that FAU has an incredibly strong secondary and a scrambling QB in deAndre J, this game could literally go either way.

Reactions: LickmyMusket
Hi guys. Just watched this game to see how UCF is doing in the post Frost era. I'm going to say that you guys were impressive offensively. Absolutely demolished UCONN every single possession and Milton is actually quite incredible.

I did notice that ucf's defense was abysmal. I think UCF and FAU is going to be a shootout. And considering that FAU has an incredibly strong secondary and a scrambling QB in deAndre J, this game could literally go either way.
FAU will lose by 30

I think the defense was better the first half of last season and got worse the second half. Hopefully it will steadily improve this season. We all saw some unnerving plays on defense even though they only scored 17 on us.

The defense is going to be doing a lot of chasing this year. They need to improve conditioning and tackling.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Well alright that's a bold take. If ucf's defense plays like it did today, FAU is going to score at least 50. So i guess UCF will rein in 80 points. If that happens, I wouldn't even mind watching the game.
Bold take is thinking you will put up 50 when you couldn’t put up 50 against an FCS last year and haven’t beaten a P6 team since 2014. It’s cute that you guys won the awful CUSA. Common opponents you beat FIU at home by 28 and lost at home to Navy by 23. We beat both on the road by 44 and 10 respectively. FAU is way improved under Kiffen, and I wish you luck, but your expectations are unrealistic.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Watched until halftime until the ESPN app on the PS4 pissed me off enough that it became unwatchable. You guys look like you are picking up where you left off. To me it seemed a little concerning the amount that Milton was running the ball and taking some pretty good shots. Hopefully this years war will be another classic with tons of action.

Reactions: Knight_of_Parrish
Watched until halftime until the ESPN app on the PS4 pissed me off enough that it became unwatchable. You guys look like you are picking up where you left off. To me it seemed a little concerning the amount that Milton was running the ball and taking some pretty good shots. Hopefully this years war will be another classic with tons of action.
Milton didn’t run much after the 1st. Think he got nicked up. Didn’t seem to affect his arm though.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Let me get your logic straight......Pindell set a school record for 157 yds rushing, still only put up 17 pts with the last TD coming against our 3's and 4's. So the Dbag who got dismissed from school for punching a girl in a bar is as good as Pindell?? Even if he is, we still double up on FAU!!!! #LastChanceU

BTW after Gibson came back in the 2nd half, the D shutdown UConn until mop up time. We also had zippo film on UConn and had to make adjustments. We should have some decent film on FAU so STFU.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi

Not sure if serious, but yards mean nothing if you can't put it in the endzone.

So now that the Cornholes are gone we have to deal with Last Chance U low life's..... Being a fan of the National Champs is tough and fighting off the cockroaches never ends!!!!
No worries, FAU fans will disappear eventually after we beat them.

However, Deranged NGEbraska fans are here for life unless they keep losing and we keep winning

I appreciate the compliments. We are happy with what we saw too. FAU is doing better than ever and UCF fans are excited for our match up.

[jumpingsmile][laughing][eyeroll][roll]:joy::joy:

no

Alright clearly my opinion was quite controversial. I wasn't attacking ucf. In fact you guys executed incredibly well on offense. Every possession ended in a touchdown. UCF looks outright scary. At the same time as an outsider I felt bad how many missed tackles and poor the defense looked. Sure UConn only scored 17 because they were bad. But honestly a little bit of luck and some more aggressive playcalling and UConn could have had 30+ points.

And the hypocriticy about conference strength is rediculous. Literally Auburn fans thought UCF was a joke cause of the conference. So don't underestimate other g5 conferences. I have no idea if FAU will be able to keep up with UCF offensively but what I do know is that we can score. Consider we went +47 on our bowl game last year, ranked 8th in the nation in offensive production, and did it all with a QB who can't even pass a ball. Again my point isn't to come out here and tell you all that FAU is going to win. All I'm saying is if your defense is as bad as it looked last night, FaU will score in bunches. Will UCF score more? Who knows. But it's gonna be a hella game to watch

Reactions: LongwoodKnight1
I'll be honest that I think the way our fans are acting about FAU is pretty absurd. I think we should win by a good margin but I'm still conditioned enough from O'Leary years to never take a game for granted and FAU is definitely talented enough that we can't sleep on them. Are we better on paper? Yes. However the sport itself is unpredictable and FAU is up there with Memphis, USF and maybe Navy that could trip us up if we don't bring our A game. I know Pitt/UNC are P5 but I'm less concerned with them overall.

I will say that the game being at home is going to make it much more difficult for FAU to get the upset.

Opinions are just that opinions. FAU won their division in 2017. UCF beat the #2 team in that division on the road by 44 points. CUSA as a whole is bad. That doesn’t mean they can’t have a good team. It isn’t hypocritical at all. AAC is head and shoulders above the other G5 conferences and closer to a P5 conference. That doesn’t mean anything in one head to head matchup though. I just have a feeling at the bounce house for a night game it will not be close. Maybe something like 56-28 or 49-24. It certainly could be a different game than my prediction. Before the war on I4 last season UCF’s average margin of victory at home was 32 points. So it’s not some crazy stretch to predict a 30 point win.

Opinions are just that opinions. FAU won their division in 2017. UCF beat the #2 team in that division on the road by 44 points. CUSA as a whole is bad. That doesn’t mean they can’t have a good team. It isn’t hypocritical at all. AAC is head and shoulders above the other G5 conferences and closer to a P5 conference. That doesn’t mean anything in one head to head matchup though. I just have a feeling at the bounce house for a night game it will not be close. Maybe something like 56-28 or 49-24. It certainly could be a different game than my prediction. Before the war on I4 last season UCF’s average margin of victory at home was 32 points. So it’s not some crazy stretch to predict a 30 point win.

Bingo!

Reactions: Knight Strength
It's not crazy and yes the CUSA is pretty poor as a whole and 30 points wouldn't surprise me but I'm just more cautious when the opponent looks to be pretty good.

Alright clearly my opinion was quite controversial. I wasn't attacking ucf. In fact you guys executed incredibly well on offense. Every possession ended in a touchdown. UCF looks outright scary. At the same time as an outsider I felt bad how many missed tackles and poor the defense looked. Sure UConn only scored 17 because they were bad. But honestly a little bit of luck and some more aggressive playcalling and UConn could have had 30+ points.

And the hypocriticy about conference strength is rediculous. Literally Auburn fans thought UCF was a joke cause of the conference. So don't underestimate other g5 conferences. I have no idea if FAU will be able to keep up with UCF offensively but what I do know is that we can score. Consider we went +47 on our bowl game last year, ranked 8th in the nation in offensive production, and did it all with a QB who can't even pass a ball. Again my point isn't to come out here and tell you all that FAU is going to win. All I'm saying is if your defense is as bad as it looked last night, FaU will score in bunches. Will UCF score more? Who knows. But it's gonna be a hella game to watch

I appreciate what you are saying and absolutely on any given day any team can win, especially an in state rivalry. But lets look at the facts, the +47 was against a bottom of the barrel defense, overall 103 in the nation. And you certainly have to be kidding if you think that North Texas, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, UTEP and Charlotte can be compared to USF, Memphis, Navy, Temple and Houston?? Really??? Seriously???? But hey at least we can settle this one on the field!

And I really think that if FAU has a prayer against Oklahoma, the playbook will need to be wide open and will give us plenty of quality film to go to school on......

Last edited:

UCF ran a base 4-3 defense most of the game (nothing exotic). Once we threw in a few blitzes in the 3rd we stopped them for negative yards and a stop on 4th down. What is scary is we hardly opened the offensive playbook, with Milton at the helm we should be able to pick our score.

I’d give more props to FAU if they didn’t lose every game when they played AAC or higher level competition. 2 seasons ago FAU beats us. Not last year or this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT