ADVERTISEMENT

UCF will be on ESPN Gameday

Interesting. Wonder what they will talk about
I'm sure they will show highlights from Nebraska days and a question regarding coaching them. Mention him at Oregon, our winless season and him coming in and getting 6 wins right away. Then how high ceiling could be for this year.

It's just an excuse to corner Frost about Nebraska. It will be portrayed as great probing sports journalism, as they ask the same question in different forms. ESPN is selling one narrative: the P5 is an elite set of superstar players and coaches and G5 is Washington Generals, paid canon fodder. Good journalists (like Outside the Lines Bob Ley, who I once talked with for 10 minutes about concussions) would cover the P5's illegal collusive restraint of trade to deprive 65 FBS schools of a fair opportunity to compete for an equitable share of the revenue pie.

I'm sure they will show highlights from Nebraska days and a question regarding coaching them. Mention him at Oregon, our winless season and him coming in and getting 6 wins right away. Then how high ceiling could be for this year.
Yep. I'm actually surprised he's getting a feature. Does he deserve one yet? Or is this all about ten Nebraska coaching controversy thing?
That's what I find interesting.

Yep. I'm actually surprised he's getting a feature. Does he deserve one yet? Or is this all about ten Nebraska coaching controversy thing?
That's what I find interesting.
Friend of mine down here said he heard local radio talking about us. Word is spreading south.

Friend of mine down here said he heard local radio talking about us. Word is spreading south.
Really? That's huge. You're the one who said from living near there that we basically don't exist there and play in a Pop Warner league. Are times changing? Is it the thrashing of
FIU (a south Florida team with an ex-Miami coach) and Maryland on the road that beat Texas?

That's gotta be at least the 3rd time you've mentioned that on this board. We got it.
Ley mentioned the topic again this week. But he displayed heartfelt frustration that day 15 years ago. I'm proud that I used my time with him to make passionate pleas that may have encouraged him to continue is lonely fight.

false narrative. at least 3 of the contributing players on defense this and last season either quit or were close to quitting Football under the last regime
Yep, or maybe its that frost is better at getting the most out of his players because hes not a di@khead like Oleary

Frost is gone. Book it*

He hates Florida, the heat, the hurricanes, the humidity. Heard from a reliable source that he desperately wants to move back home, be closer to family and better fishing/hunting and he hates alligators. He'll have a big enough recruiting budget there to send scouts on permanent trips to FL to get good recruits. He'll probably bring Vedral with him too. We need to just accept this now and enjoy him while we can.

Also, ESPN is solely doing this for the Nebraska angle. They already know it's going to happen, and are pushing for it.

Frost is gone. Book it*

He hates Florida, the heat, the hurricanes, the humidity. Heard from a reliable source that he desperately wants to move back home, be closer to family and better fishing/hunting and he hates alligators. He'll have a big enough recruiting budget there to send scouts on permanent trips to FL to get good recruits. He'll probably bring Vedral with him too. We need to just accept this now and enjoy him while we can.

Also, ESPN is solely doing this for the Nebraska angle. They already know it's going to happen, and are pushing for it.

I hope they ask Frost who he voted for. If he voted for the Orange Raccoon, he can hit the effing road. If he voted for Killary, he can hit the effing road. I want his ass gone either way. I'm not going to sit here while he shits all over the state of Florida.

Reactions: jetsaholic
will he drop a 'this place' during the segment?
Soundtrack to Espn segment:
01lK6gT.jpg

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Can't wait to see it. Let's take a poll on what the main topic will be

We play on Espn2 tomorrow. It's a promo.
Frost is gone. Book it*

We play on ESPN2 Saturday. It's a promo.

He was on ESPNU radio this afternoon on siriusxm and of course they asked him about going to Nebraska. He admitted that he was giving a coaches answer but he has players here that he's focused on and not even thinking about it. Sounds like the seed is being planted and watered with him daily.

Not sure if exact time. Between 9-11:30. If I had to guess would be around 10. Record it and look for it if you won't be home. I'll probably be watching.
Thanks. I may miss it just because it's tailgating preparation time, but I'm definitely interested. I'm sure that they will ask a point blank question about the Nebraska job just because it's the Media

Thanks. I may miss it just because it's tailgating preparation time, but I'm definitely interested. I'm sure that they will ask a point blank question about the Nebraska job just because it's the Media
I think they will talk a good bit about how good we are looking in his first year and a half. Should be a good piece.

First question will be: How hard will it be to leave UCF towards the end of this season.
Honestly though, if he left before the end of 2018 I would not wish him well, especially to Nebraska. For a variety of obvious reasons.

However, I don't think that he will.

Honestly though, if he left before the end of 2018 I would not wish him well, especially to Nebraska. For a variety of obvious reasons.

However, I don't think that he will.
I seriously doubt he leaves before a bowl game. Especially if it's a good bowl game. If he goes there it would mean no bowl for them.

I think they will talk a good bit about how good we are looking in his first year and a half. Should be a good piece.
Hope everyone realizes how important this Saturday's game is.

If we win:

1) We beat a legitimate team basically at full strength. No excuses win. We are a very good team on the fringe of being ranked.

2) We are 3-0

3) Other than a not super great Navy team, SMU on the road and maybe Cincinnati, it's a relatively easy path to being undefeated or 1 loss before the USF showdown for the eastern AAC title.

4) More Frost leaving rumors

5). Fan excitement increases

If we lose,

1). 2-1 and 0-1 in the conference

2). Likely that if we lose another game, the USF showdown won't be for the eastern division AAC championship

3) There will be talk that we haven't beaten anyone legitimately good. Lots of grumblings about our weaknesses that will be exposed

4). Frost talk will not go away, but will cool somewhat.

5) We will need to win out or only 1 other loss to be ranked at year's end.

6) Poor crowds until the USF game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT