ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN 28 Temple 24

The team hasn't been perfect, but as Frost has mentioned, when we don't have 30 points and 400 yards by halftime people start asking what is wrong. UCF just has too much firepower for schools like Temple. They may hang for a quarter or half, but UCF just has too much for them to keep up for a whole game.

Reactions: KnightVision82
There was a drive or two where i thought Temple was going to put them away, but apparently this is before their new QB.

There was a drive or two where i thought Temple was going to put them away, but apparently this is before their new QB.

Correct, this was before the QB change. Old qb had two interceptions that resulted in 14 Uconn points...was brutal.

Over the first 5 games, temple averaged 295 yards and 16 pts. Last 5, 465 yards and 31 pts. Part of that is qb change (last 3 games), but most is better o line play.

We can't sleep on them as that game was a month ago and Temple has looked like a much better team lately in wins over Navy and Cincy.

Yeah and their other losses are against teams that are a combined 30-8. Temple is a solid team and will not be a gimme on the road.

As the only undefeated team in the conference (and one of four left in the country), we have done what the other competing teams in the conference couldnt...win on the road (and at home too because USF lost to Houston). We beat Navy and SMU on the road. SMU wasn't able to do that - losing at Houston and at Navy. Navy couldnt hold court at home against us and lost on the road to Temple and Memphis... and Memphis couldn't win on the road against us.

CFP and whoever is aware that we havent had a bye week in almost two months are expecting us to lose probably next week on the road...one of them because they've run out of excuses and the other one because our winning margin is shrinking as the winning streak goes on and the emergence of a team making a late run at a bowl spot. Our luck is that Temple doesnt have to put all of their eggs in one basket. They have a winnable game the next week after..

Umm, no. You can't make that comparison. You have to look at how the team has played in last 2-3 games at most, and have to consider home field play plus injuries.

Temple has been playing better. We should still beat them, but we seem to be leveling out, and IMHO beatable by any conference team if we come out flat and don't bring our 'A' game. I have no doubt we'll get up for S. Florida. This game is a classic trap game though.

Low 60's/High 50's and rainy.

That's a recipe for disaster for a team like ours.
High noon - in the high 50s with showers...slippery but nothing we havent experienced.
While i'm sure our team is used to 80s and 90s, this weather isnt even close to 2014 UConn weather...but we will see.

Wet in one thing, but 50s really isn't that cold is it? You're on a field pushing 300 pound dudes around or running full speed every few minutes, I'd think you'd warm up quickly. We might like it in the 70s while sitting, but less sweat etc. 50s cant be that bad.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Wet in one thing, but 50s really isn't that cold is it? You're on a field pushing 300 pound dudes around or running full speed every few minutes, I'd think you'd warm up quickly. We might like it in the 70s while sitting, but less sweat etc. 50s cant be that bad.
Playing in humidity is reality in Florida so you adapt a tolerance level so anything around 60 is luxury....minus the rain of course.

they said he was banged up a bit at the end of the game before...hopefully he's available.
Thank you. I remember him getting hammered yet again and dropping the ball in previous game. MM seems to like to try to thread the ball to Akins a lot in tight spaces and Akins has gotten blasted more than once because of it. Of course there are others times that Akins is wide open and making big plays which I was looking for at one point during UCONN game :)

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT