ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN should just cancel football

Not sure about Marvin. What a poor decision to go to UCONN over UCF though. I don't know the details and haven't followed him since the recruiting process. UCONN decision to leave the conference was a mistake on their part. Off to obscurity. With a conference at least you have an identity and the opportunity to compete. Their basketball team probably will decline in the Big East as well. Just guessing...maybe not...

Not sure about Marvin. What a poor decision to go to UCONN over UCF though. I don't know the details and haven't followed him since the recruiting process. UCONN decision to leave the conference was a mistake on their part. Off to obscurity. With a conference at least you have an identity and the opportunity to compete. Their basketball team probably will decline in the Big East as well. Just guessing...maybe not...
They’ll take a hit for a while for sure, and then they’ll stabilize and have some up years and some down years.

I thought their main driver for making the move was the cost associated with their football program in the AAC, not a desire to be a premier football team.

Totally. What a mistake.

Reactions: shacket
Just for .... and giggles I looked at their recruits. They are just putting off the inevitable fall to FCS or nonexistence. A big part of their recruits had only 4 or fewer offers, mostly from FCS teams.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Exactly two dozen UConn football players have hit the transfer portal this cycle

https://www.google.com/amp/s/colleg...in-oreilly-ncaa-transfer-database-portal/amp/

,,,, the SS Husky

ship.jpg

Last edited:
Wish we had their 2020 schedule. Five P5's plus Army. Just scheduled Michigan for $1.8M. No mystery why their players transferred....
Self preservation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT