ADVERTISEMENT

UF looking for home and home...

Look up UF non conference schedule the last ten years and take out FSU which I believe is a legislated required annual game. It is beyond pathetic and almost exclusively at home. They are still regretting scheduling Georgia Southern a few years ago - ain’t gonna be no rematch with Southern.

Reactions: UCFBS
DW after the Cincinnati loss. I’m kidding!!!! Love DW!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
What’s there to say? He expressed interest in home and homes with Alabama and UF and neither made an offer so he moved on
In the current landscape we're not getting home and home series with any perceived Blue Blood program: 2 for 1 is the best we can hope for. We at least used to schedule middle-lower echelon ACC teams, but now even that seems to have been abandoned in favor of Conference USA (FIU) or MWC (BSU)....I'm not confident our current scheduling strategy is going to lead us where we want to be when the next round of conference musical chairs kicks off in a few years.

Difficult for him to call out a team that just scheduled home and home games with Texas, Utah, Colorado, and Miami...and is rumored to be looking at scheduling another with a Clemson...when he’s busy scheduling more games with UConn. Would just be a bad look.
So, your Gata's will fly all the way to Utah with their 45,000 seat stadium for a home & home but won't play at UCF's 45,000 seat stadium because it's too small?

Troll on blue, troll on.

So, your Gata's will fly all the way to Utah with their 45,000 seat stadium for a home & home but won't play at UCF's 45,000 seat stadium because it's too small?

Troll on blue, troll on.

Moreso because Utah is a P5 and went about scheduling a series in a respectful way. Didn’t go out of their way trying to attack and troll another school who didn’t need to schedule them. Bold decision by DW but not surprising to see such a strategy fail...at least in terms of scheduling.

This has nothing to do with p5. The gators ducked miami when miami was dominating teams. They are and always have been the snobbiest school while at same time the softest schedulers. Unfortunately the p5 media will tell their story differently

Reactions: KISA and Psycho Jim
Difficult for him to call out a team that just scheduled home and home games with Texas, Utah, Colorado, and Miami...and is rumored to be looking at scheduling another with a Clemson...when he’s busy scheduling more games with UConn. Would just be a bad look.
Considering Clemson has been in the title hunt for the last 5rs, they should be asking for a 2 for 1.

Reactions: ahabmw
Moreso because Utah is a P5 and went about scheduling a series in a respectful way. Didn’t go out of their way trying to attack and troll another school who didn’t need to schedule them. Bold decision by DW but not surprising to see such a strategy fail...at least in terms of scheduling.
LOLOL. Wut? UCF didn't publicly call out your Gata's until after you had ducked us multiple times. Keep on inventing lies and I will keep pointing out the fallacies.

SEC, it just means more........excuses.

LOLOL. Wut? UCF didn't publicly call out your Gata's until after you had ducked us multiple times. Keep on inventing lies and I will keep pointing out the fallacies.

SEC, it just means more........excuses.
Hmmm, didn't UCF cancel their last scheduled game with UF?? Is that what you mean by ducking?

Reactions: bluechip12
Hmmm, didn't UCF cancel their last scheduled game with UF?? Is that what you mean by ducking?
That awkward moment when the gators duck in 2017&2018 but point to that time when UCF was a 3 year old program. One would think the school with 40 million in tv revenue ahould be able to give a fair 1 for 1 series but here were are on twitter begging for bottom feeder schools like iowa state

It seemed the tone, tenor and how quickly the email exchanges between DW and Strickland were FOIA'd and published by the Sentinel that DW was indeed trolling and playing to the media regarding scheduling Florida. On one hand he's elevated us to be the most talked about G5, on the other hand, he's needled and trolled programs that we may need in our corner if we're ever to receive a P5 invite.

Moreso because Utah is a P5 and went about scheduling a series in a respectful way. Didn’t go out of their way trying to attack and troll

"Because we didn't kiss the ring of the mighty Gators...."

another school who didn’t need to schedule them

Looks like they need someone to schedule them now.

Reactions: NestaKnight1
It seemed the tone, tenor and how quickly the email exchanges between DW and Strickland were FOIA'd and published by the Sentinel that DW was indeed trolling and playing to the media regarding scheduling Florida.

But also remember that to many, a game in "Orlando" was thought to mean "we're gonna do everything we can to get the Orlando game played at the Citrus Bowl," potentially making the offer effectively 2 at Gainesville and one at a neutral site where UF could sell half the tickets.

Pass.

he's needled and trolled programs that we may need in our corner if we're ever to receive a P5 invite.

Right, because there's a long history of P5 teams lobbying for the G5 teams in their backyards to be given P5 bids so they can compete for the same recruits, fans, and donor money.

UF is not and will not be our friend. They are the competition, athletically and academically.

But also remember that to many, a game in "Orlando" was thought to mean "we're gonna do everything we can to get the Orlando game played at the Citrus Bowl," potentially making the offer effectively 2 at Gainesville and one at a neutral site where UF could sell half the tickets.

Pass.

Right, because there's a long history of P5 teams lobbying for the G5 teams in their backyards to be given P5 bids so they can compete for the same recruits, fans, and donor money.

UF is not and will not be our friend. They are the competition, athletically and academically.
You're correct there isn't a long history but there are instances...such as TCU joining a conference with multiple other Texas teams. Semi P5 Miami (Big East implosion was already on its way) did get into the ACC. Additionally, if the goal of DW is an expanded playoff, and that the expanded playoff he's shooting for actually includes at least one seat at the table for a Non P5 school.....he's is going to require cooperation from those very powers that be, to include Strickland and Alabama's AD.

Reactions: OtterKnight
You're correct there isn't a long history but there are instances...such as TCU joining a conference with multiple other Texas teams. Semi P5 Miami (Big East implosion was already on its way) did get into the ACC. Additionally, if the goal of DW is an expanded playoff, and that the expanded playoff he's shooting for actually includes at least one seat at the table for a Non P5 school.....he's is going to require cooperation from those very powers that be, to include Strickland and Alabama's AD.

You make some good points. I'll say though that I don't think Miami counts. the Big East was still an AQ for a decade after Miami left, and Miami was an existing powerhouse with multiple national titles that FSU already played every year anyway. Why not inflict that pain on their conference mates and free up a game in their schedule, bringing Miami's fan base into your income stream? Miami was up, and a long way from being able to be kept down.

Maybe that's one angle...

I don't see UF ever helping us get into the SEC.

Your point about the P5 ADs and playoff structuring might be valid, depending on how all those closed-door meetings actually go. I got the feeling from the last round that the P5 needed the G5s buy-in to create the current system, which is why we got the bone of a ny6 thrown at us.

How do you get leverage enough to demand a bigger bone next time around?

You make some good points. I'll say though that I don't think Miami counts. the Big East was still an AQ for a decade after Miami left, and Miami was an existing powerhouse with multiple national titles that FSU already played every year anyway. Why not inflict that pain on their conference mates and free up a game in their schedule, bringing Miami's fan base into your income stream? Miami was up, and a long way from being able to be kept down.

Maybe that's one angle...

I don't see UF ever helping us get into the SEC.

Your point about the P5 ADs and playoff structuring might be valid, depending on how all those closed-door meetings actually go. I got the feeling from the last round that the P5 needed the G5s buy-in to create the current system, which is why we got the bone of a ny6 thrown at us.

How do you get leverage enough to demand a bigger bone next time around?

It isn't just UF that wouldn't help you get into the SEC, the SEC in general wouldn't be interested in UCF. If/when the SEC expands it is going to be into markets that they aren't currently represented.

Reactions: ahabmw
That awkward moment when the gators duck in 2017&2018 but point to that time when UCF was a 3 year old program. One would think the school with 40 million in tv revenue ahould be able to give a fair 1 for 1 series but here were are on twitter begging for bottom feeder schools like iowa state

They said they would do a 2-1. You guys aren't interested, which is certainly your right. They aren't interested in what you are wanting, you aren't interested in what they are wanting, it's really just that simple so I don't understand why you think Florida should have to bow down to your wants, but you shouldn't be expected to give in to what they are asking for? Florida doesn't owe you anything.

They said they would do a 2-1. You guys aren't interested, which is certainly your right. They aren't interested in what you are wanting, you aren't interested in what they are wanting, it's really just that simple so I don't understand why you think Florida should have to bow down to your wants, but you shouldn't be expected to give in to what they are asking for? Florida doesn't owe you anything.

This has been discussed thoroughly...but maybe you need to be updated on the facts.

UF wanted the Orlando game to be at Camping World Stadium downtown, not at UCF...so not a true 2-for-1.

We know this because UCF AD Danny White went on the radio and publicly said that UCF would consider a TRUE 2-for-1 with the Gators if the home game was at UCF.

FYI...Danny White also suggested a neutral site game...which would have paid UF far more than any away game would and the Gator AD still said no.

This has been discussed thoroughly...but maybe you need to be updated on the facts.

UF wanted the Orlando game to be at Camping World Stadium downtown, not at UCF...so not a true 2-for-1.

We know this because UCF AD Danny White went on the radio and publicly said that UCF would consider a TRUE 2-for-1 with the Gators if the home game was at UCF.

FYI...Danny White also suggested a neutral site game...which would have paid UF far more than any away game would and the Gator AD still said no.

If UCF isn't interested that is fine, but that still doesn't mean they owe you anything. Just move on.

If the cartel decides to expand the playoff the only major consideration is what will benefit the P5 and ESPN. UCF and the G5 will be a footnote. It is my opinion nothing will substantially change until the G5 schools stop taking money from the cartel and then sue them for $$$$$$$$ for racketeering and forcing them to sign a contract under duress.

While many here seem to sing the praises of AD DW, he is effectively destroying any chance UCF has of truly going big-time. All the chest pumping and bravado fades when the reality that you can’t win them all strikes. If DW does not take the P5 challenge of 2 for 1 series, I don’t see how UCF gets to where it wants to be. Prove it on the field, any field, and quit whining.

While many here seem to sing the praises of AD DW, he is effectively destroying any chance UCF has of truly going big-time. All the chest pumping and bravado fades when the reality that you can’t win them all strikes. If DW does not take the P5 challenge of 2 for 1 series, I don’t see how UCF gets to where it wants to be. Prove it on the field, any field, and quit whining.
I voiced concern that he was was taking it too far before the losses happened

College Football Conference Realignment and scheduling is about networking. The UCONN buy game and amount was the first time a few others are starting to realize that he may have blackballed UCF, there is a reason he and UCF didn’t advertise that agreement

Reactions: OvilleNative
You think 2017 was UCF's first parade at Disney? UCF has been beating AP Top 10 teams for years now.

Also, UCF has scheduled twice as many P5s as Boise State this century, and has had great success against them this decade. It's not just 2017+. The successes of Houston, UCF and others -- let alone the AAC overall, which is better than 1-2 'Power' conferences every year -- have just limited more 1-for-1 scheduling that they used to get. Even Boise's HC was supportive of UCF's claims. It also doesn't help that the PAC-12 look like hypocrites as a 'Power' conference claiming the same thing as UCF.
Finally, financially, it would leave UCF in ruin to go down to only 4-5 home games/year. That's the key. AD DW has brought in a lot of money to UCF, and not just athletics, but academics too. They were talking about this over at "The U" as well ...
Can't help it if you're ignorant of sports finance and UCF. But I think this is a newly created 'troll' account, so you probably are ... or just purposely baiting. Sorry, but UCF is never 'going back to the Kiddie Table.' And Boise State is never either.

Reactions: knightraveler
Also, the Florida Citrus Sports (FCS) offered agreement to Florida was ...

2 games at Florida
0 games at UCF
1 game at Citrus Bowl, with virtually nothing going to UCF

There was never any 2-for-1, only 2-0-1. Florida also refused a 0-0-1 on a neutral field like JAX or ATL, where fan attendance would drive revenue sharing. That would favor UCF too much. ;)

FCS also started the rumor of replacing Louisville with UCF, against Alabama. That too was a joke of a rumor they started.

Reactions: GoKnights2003

This is the thing that’s most incredible to me. Aside from the fact that it’s strange for UCF fans to act like UF owes them anything to begin with, it becomes especially strange when you realize that UF and UCF played in 2006, where UF won 42-0. UF had 600 something total yards while UCF had 100 something. They were supposed to play again in 2007 but UCF decided to suspend the game until 2012-2015. However, once that time came, UCF still didn’t want the game and paid UF $100,000 to buy out of it. How UCF can then turn around and be mad at UF “ducking them”, while UCF has been the ones suspending and calling off games, is quite bewildering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT