ADVERTISEMENT

UH v UCF prediction

UH by 3....FT’s bite us.

I wanted to see how bad our FT% is or if Tacko's FT% weighs our's down.

Baseline - Houston is 91st out of 350 with a 72.9% (Note top 25 is ~75%)
UCF is 337th with 63%.

If you take out the top FT% shooter and bottom 2 from each team: Houston is 73.3% FT% and UCF is 72.7% - the same.

So, at the final stretch - take out Tacko & Chad and we have just as good FT% as Houston and I love Excel.

Last edited:
Houston by 10. We have a great defense that smothers teams, there’s is even better.

What really matter is the FT % of the guys that get to the line the most.

Top 5 FTA percentages

Houston - 78.5%
UCF - 62.8%

Smith and Fall take 32% of all the FTs and combine for a 45% make. 166 Attempts.

Hinton and Davis Jr. for Houston take 27% of all FTs and combine for 89%. 116 Attempts.

What really matter is the FT % of the guys that get to the line the most.

Top 5 FTA percentages

Houston - 78.5%
UCF - 62.8%

Smith and Fall take 32% of all the FTs and combine for a 45% make. 166 Attempts.

Hinton and Davis Jr. for Houston take 27% of all FTs and combine for 89%. 116 Attempts.

That doesn't matter down the stretch when FTs are the most important. Hopefully Collin has enough fouls to give to play the final 2 minutes

I wish I didn’t feel this way but it seems these last couple games this team is trending down and not improving/not getting stronger.

Something has been missing from this team all year. The record doesn't reflect the inconsistencies in this teams performance. How many 20 point leads have we lost? The debacle at Missouri. Average performance after average performance. We've beaten the bottom of the league. We need to stop looking at this team through black and gold colored glasses. They are average at best.

2 hours and no posts?

So quiet

Just finished watching the game, (had to work tonight), ugly. If you know you can’t play Tacko in the last 5 mins, let him get three fouls in the first. Once Tacko and smith got pulled, game over. That game is on Dawkins. This season, if we don’t get a bid or miss the NIT, that’s on Dawkins.

This game was more than just free throws.
Yes I realize those FTs would've helped but they got out-hustled.
Yup. I also feel like every clutch shot we took in the first half went in and rattled out. Couldn’t seem to catch a break and they outplayed us and were keeping us from earning breaks.

This team is pathetic
Pre-season favorite to win the conference. Most talent, we've probably ever had and the offense is just horrible. They can't shoot at all. 28% from the floor.
The program needs to be blown up and start from scratch.
Honors, how's that at-large bid lookin?

You can take all your Quad analysis, Q1, Q2 blah blah and stick it. Stop the over-analysis, open your eyes and anyone can see that this team is JUST-NOT-GOOD-ENOUGH.

Houston is way underrated. They have the 2nd best winning % and 4th best RPI. They should be ranked between #2 & #4. NYet they are only ranked #12. They should be ranked 2-4.

Those 3 bad calls after we tied it back up at 17 a piece changed the whole complexion of the game.

Some of you UCFans need to get out of the 2nd class citizen mentality. Houston is better than UNC - you know the defending NCs - by all accounts and stats. Yet you act like the sky is falling losing to Houston. But if we lost to UNC, some of you would be singing a different tune.

We are 16-5 and in (6-2) 4th place in the Conference. If we win the rest of our home games and only win the road games vs SMU & usf- we will be 22-8 (12-5). IF that isn't good enough for a 10 seed or better, than it's time to burn down the ESP5N Cartel.

Reactions: RITZCOOG
Houston is way underrated. They have the 2nd best winning % and 4th best RPI. They should be ranked between #2 & #4. NYet they are only ranked #12. They should be ranked 2-4.

Those 3 bad calls after we tied it back up at 17 a piece changed the whole complexion of the game.

Some of you UCFans need to get out of the 2nd class citizen mentality. Houston is better than UNC - you know the defending NCs - by all accounts and stats. Yet you act like the sky is falling losing to Houston. But if we lost to UNC, some of you would be singing a different tune.

We are 16-5 and in (6-2) 4th place in the Conference. If we win the rest of our home games and only win the road games vs SMU & usf- we will be 22-8 (12-5). IF that isn't good enough for a 10 seed or better, than it's time to burn down the ESP5N Cartel.

I don't think anyone is underrating Houston here. Obviously they are a very good team. The problem is that at home we looked lost for about 3/4 of the game. You can quote all the record stuff you want but we are not a known quantity in basketball so we aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt especially with our awful OOC schedule.

Right now the Memphis drubbing is barely a Q1 loss (they are 71 in NET). On the flipside Mizzou is almost a Q1 at 77. FAU is between a Q3/Q4 loss. Wichita is a Q2 loss. UCONN can help us as if they move up a little then we have a Q1 and a Q2 win opposed to a Q2 and Q3 where they are currently.

The problem is more on the wins side here are our quadrants:
0-2 Q1
3-2 Q2
7-1 Q3
6-0 Q4

Obviously some of the higher value games are coming up but we currently sit at 46 in NET and I have to assume that is below the cut line.

so now we are falling into the 'cartel trap' bc we think this team doesn't pass the eye test?

All the criticisms that have been lashed out at the Football team by media the last few years actually describe this basketball team. Despite the narrative I knew the 2017 Football team passed the eye test, if you feel the same with this basketball team you are just being a homer.

They need a statement win for the resume(like Houston on the road) to make it in at this point

If you want to get into cartel criticisms then look at the Women's program. Up to 14th in RPI but consistently put at an 8/9 seed in mock brackets and barely getting votes in the polls. The worst is during the USF game the announcers kept saying UCF couldn't afford any bad losses to make the tourney despite their high RPI and consistency. Even if they haven't been blowing out teams they deserve far more respect than they are getting.

If you want to get into cartel criticisms then look at the Women's program. Up to 14th in RPI but consistently put at an 8/9 seed in mock brackets and barely getting votes in the polls. The worst is during the USF game the announcers kept saying UCF couldn't afford any bad losses to make the tourney despite their high RPI and consistency. Even if they haven't been blowing out teams they deserve far more respect than they are getting.

Was going to post something about that...

The ESP5N Cartel exposes themselves more in lesser followed sports. They just want big brands to be on irregardless of who is winning or losing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT