ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Silent Sam statue toppled

https://www.wral.com/unlawful-and-dangerous-unc-chancellor-on-silent-sam-toppling/17783175/

the statue had been on campus for over 100 years. there have been protests about this statue for over a year now. last night they finally tore it down.

Who gives a shit about 100 years' worth of history on campus when there are Woke liberal campus activists to appease? Now they can write to their family and friends who actually have jobs by saying "WE are the ones doing something!"

what is sad is that its sort of a memorial to all the unc students that fought in the war. not all people who fought for the south were racists and now their memory is tarnished because of this act.

i hope they rebuild.

I watched ISIS take over cites in Iraq .... and one of the first things they did each time was destroy the monuments to the past.

It's really amazing when you watch BLM, ANTIFA, and these kids on College campuses these days. They really act a lot like the kind of people they say they are against.

Just an observation.

Is vandalism not a crime anymore? Every single one of those anti-White pieces of filth should have been arrested, and every cop who allowed the destruction of the statue( or who refused to arrest the Marxist devils) should be fired!!
mad.gif
mad.gif

These acts are the first shots of the next American Civil War. That is the harsh reality. The useful idiots of the high-level communists are directing this, just like the manipulation of facts and politics prior to Fort Sumter and the blockading of Confederate ports. They are trying to marginalize us economically, again, and have begun using violence and destruction of property, again. Until the commies are wiped out, the cycle will continue. We must also remove the head of the snake; we know who that is.

what is sad is that its sort of a memorial to all the unc students that fought in the war. not all people who fought for the south were racists and now their memory is tarnished because of this act.

I'm pretty sure all Germans who fought for Hitler's Nazi Germany weren't Aryan Master Race advocates who wanted to exterminate Jews. Its a shame their memory is tarnished because they lost the war. You think Germany should built statues to celebrate them?

I'm pretty sure all Germans who fought for Hitler's Nazi Germany weren't Aryan Master Race advocates who wanted to exterminate Jews. Its a shame their memory is tarnished because they lost the war. You think Germany should built statues to celebrate them?

There are statues all over Germany, mostly in cemeteries that honor the "losers" and their fallen from WWI and WWII.

Of course most that served in the German Military served in the Wehrmacht, Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe. Percentage wise, the SS had the fewest serving members.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
Really? You'll have to point out all the statues around Germany celebrating the valor of Nazi soldiers.

And you might want to note that it's illegal to display Nazi imagery in Germany.
Most of the smaller towns and cities have “warrior monuments” that honor the fallen soldiers from those towns from the two world wars. They have no Nazi imagery whatsoever.

Really? You'll have to point out all the statues around Germany celebrating the valor of Nazi soldiers.

And you might want to note that it's illegal to display Nazi imagery in Germany.

You seem really ignorant on this topic. There are tons and tons of "monuments to the dead" in various villages and towns throughout Germany. Most all of them contain monuments to dead WW2 German soliders - i.e. Nazis.

main-qimg-23bd5469cab908adf300d4f2bce4951a

main-qimg-6efa7419353905eeff25dc5698566ca1

obbach4.jpg

rieneck1.jpg

grettstadt5.jpg

hilpoltsteinn1.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Rothenkirchen.jpg

Nazi Soldiers? I never said that. I noted there are dozens of memorials to those that died in WWI and WWII (hint, most that served in WWII we're not in the Nazi SS).

looks like fried ninja created a new burner account.

also thank god that statue came down. now all the institutionalized racism at unc is now gone.

You seem really ignorant on this topic.

Yeah boy, I'm SO ignorant on this topic! :) You'd think I should know that memorials to fallen German warriors from two world wars are the same as monuments glorifying traitorous generals and all the young men that joined them in their treason.

Yeah, screw all the people these stupid statues offend because this type of "history" is SO IMPORTANT to continue embracing because of...um, because of...??? I guess you guys will have to answer this one for me.

Yeah boy, I'm SO ignorant on this topic! :) You'd think I should know that memorials to fallen German warriors from two world wars are the same as monuments glorifying traitorous generals and all the young men that joined them in their treason.

Yeah, screw all the people these stupid statues offend because this type of "history" is SO IMPORTANT to continue embracing because of...um, because of...??? I guess you guys will have to answer this one for me.
Weren’t you the one to make the equivalency to Germany?

Most of the smaller towns and cities have “warrior monuments” that honor the fallen soldiers from those towns from the two world wars. They have no Nazi imagery whatsoever.

Truth. The average German soldier didn't know about the extermination of Jews at concentration camps. Erwin Rommel didn't know about them until he was driven from Africa and went to fight in Europe. It isn't something that was publicized to the German populace at all.

You seem really ignorant on this topic. There are tons and tons of "monuments to the dead" in various villages and towns throughout Germany. Most all of them contain monuments to dead WW2 German soliders - i.e. Nazis.

main-qimg-23bd5469cab908adf300d4f2bce4951a

main-qimg-6efa7419353905eeff25dc5698566ca1

obbach4.jpg

rieneck1.jpg

grettstadt5.jpg

hilpoltsteinn1.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Rothenkirchen.jpg
Last one looks like a penis, just an observation.

Let’s recap: you’re the dolt who made the reference to Germany, sure that no monuments existed. I just proved that many monuments exist to WW2 German soldiers, and now you’re getting butthurt over it.

Seems like you choked on your own attempted argument

Let’s recap: you’re the dolt who made the reference to Germany, sure that no monuments existed. I just proved that many monuments exist to WW2 German soldiers, and now you’re getting butthurt over it.

Seems like you choked on your own attempted argument

I'm sorry if my initial post went over your head but my point is that there is extreme sensitivity about honoring Nazi generals and soldiers because of the countless victims of their actions.

Since you are such an expert of WWII German memorials, please point out the ones that specifically honor them as opposed to memorials to the fallen in both wars and ON BOTH SIDES. I'd specifically like you to point out all the Nazi (er, I mean WWII) general statues in the country.

What makes our country's southern monuments even more egregious than Germany is that we're talking about a CIVIL war and out-and-out traitors.

I'm sorry if my initial post went over your head but my point is that there is extreme sensitivity about honoring Nazi generals and soldiers because of the countless victims of their actions.

Since you are such an expert of WWII German memorials, please point out the ones that specifically honor them as opposed to memorials to the fallen in both wars and ON BOTH SIDES. I'd specifically like you to point out all the Nazi (er, I mean WWII) general statues in the country.

What makes our country's southern monuments even more egregious than Germany is that we're talking about a CIVIL war and out-and-out traitors.
Imagine that, a country that embraces difference of thought and ideology to such a degree that we allowed areas to honor people they disagreed with by erecting monuments to commemorate their good qualities. Guess we are done with embracing that diversity.

There are statues all over Germany, mostly in cemeteries that honor the "losers" and their fallen from WWI and WWII.

Of course most that served in the German Military served in the Wehrmacht, Kriegsmarine or Luftwaffe. Percentage wise, the SS had the fewest serving members.
And the poster asked if the Germans built statues to celebrate Nazism.

And the poster asked if the Germans built statues to celebrate Nazism.
He did, but that was a slick rhetorical trick. The original post said non-Nazi people fighting for Hitler. KL responded about German warrior monuments and the poster slid it to Nazi to move the goalposts.

Imagine that, a country that embraces difference of thought and ideology to such a degree that we allowed areas to honor people they disagreed with by erecting monuments to commemorate their good qualities. Guess we are done with embracing that diversity.

Awwwww, that's SO sweet!!!! Who knew this was all about 'embracing diversity'? LOL

Awwwww, that's SO sweet!!!! Who knew this was all about 'embracing diversity'? LOL
Haven’t we been told for the last decade that America is about embracing diversity? Are you saying that’s not true?

Sad to see a piece of history go, but if it triggers racists like yourself then I guess I gotta give it the thumbs up.
Blue WAVE coming! Glad he was pulling it down! It was a sad time in American history. It belongs in a museum. They don't keep statues of Hitler or the SS out in public! The confederates stood for suppression and slavery.

whos secondary troll account is dashuckster?

For the record, I'm a lurker who's stuck his toes in the water recently. One of your newer members, Crazyhole and I used to debate politics with each other on another board and he mentioned this place to me.

My experience on boards like this one has been that when posters find they can't figure out a rebuttal to my facts, they resort to ridiculing me personally or calling me names. Hopefully this place will be different.

For the record, I'm a lurker who's stuck his toes in the water recently. One of your newer members, Crazyhole and I used to debate politics with each other on another board and he mentioned this place to me.

My experience on boards like this one has been that when posters find they can't figure out a rebuttal to my facts, they resort to ridiculing me personally or calling me names. Hopefully this place will be different.

Yeah, don’t get your hopes up. In this place, one can threaten to kill people or stab someone in the neck, stalk people on Facebook, spew overtly racist shit and homophobic garbage, and the mods are abosolutely AOK with it! They basically encourage it every day and let all that stuff fly.

But by God, do NOT, I repeat do NOT say KnightLight sits alone at basketball games or your post will be deleted faster than you can slap a tick.

"this place"

TRIGGERRED!

Haven’t we been told for the last decade that America is about embracing diversity? Are you saying that’s not true?

I've always found this argument to be incredibly lame. So "embracing diversity" should mean that it's okay for racist, homophobes to spew their venom without me calling them out on it?

In a free country like ours, you're entitled to believe whatever the hell you wanna believe. But when you infringe on those same rights for someone else, that's a whole different deal.

And if you want to smirk and call me a hypocrite because I'm actually infringing on YOUR RIGHT to BE A RACIST or a HOMOPHOBE, be my guest if that's the best you can do to defend yourself.

How did you survive those meanies with your 19 comments?

I've always found this argument to be incredibly lame. So "embracing diversity" should mean that it's okay for racist, homophobes to spew their venom without me calling them out on it?

In a free country like ours, you're entitled to believe whatever the hell you wanna believe. But when you infringe on those same rights for someone else, that's a whole different deal.

And if you want to smirk and call me a hypocrite because I'm actually infringing on YOUR RIGHT to BE A RACIST or a HOMOPHOBE, be my guest if that's the best you can do to defend yourself.
How is putting up a statue infringing upon your rights?

That made me laugh!

Crazyhole is one of the more sane posters here. He actually works to be respectful although a couple of posters in here force him to retaliate occasionally.
One of the more sane posters??!??! Crazyhole? Really?!?!? I've known Crazy for a long, long time and consider him a friend.

But trust me, when it comes to boards like this one, he's an obnoxious blowhard A-hole. Never believe a word he says.

Reactions: fabknight
How is putting up a statue infringing upon your rights?

This may be tough, but try to picture yourself as a person of color who had ancestors who were slaves. How would you feel about an old statue designed to HONOR the people who fought to keep your ancestors as their property?

Or imagine yourself as a Jew looking up at a statue honoring Adolph Hitler?

Or imagine how YOU would feel staring up at a big, shiny new statue of Scott Frost outside of Spectrum stadium?

Is it finally starting to sink in? :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT