ADVERTISEMENT

US and Taliban reach truce agreement

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
A senior U.S.official said Friday the United States and the Taliban have reached a truce agreement that will take effect “very soon” and could lead to withdrawals of American troops from Afghanistan.

The official said the agreement for a seven-day “reduction in violence” to be followed by the start of all-Afghan peace talks within 10 days is “very specific” and covers the entire country including Afghan forces.

While this could be good, label me skeptical of anything these Taliban fukers agree to. Let's see how the Afghan Summit goes.

A senior U.S.official said Friday the United States and the Taliban have reached a truce agreement that will take effect “very soon” and could lead to withdrawals of American troops from Afghanistan.

The official said the agreement for a seven-day “reduction in violence” to be followed by the start of all-Afghan peace talks within 10 days is “very specific” and covers the entire country including Afghan forces.

While this could be good, label me skeptical of anything these Taliban fukers agree to. Let's see how the Afghan Summit goes.

Afganistan: where countries go to die. 19 years and 5 trillion dollars later we are giving up to the Taliban?

Afganistan: where countries go to die. 19 years and 5 trillion dollars later we are giving up to the Taliban?

Would you prefer we keep fighting for another 20 years?

Afghanistan has a democratic government and civil rights finally in place, if the Taliban agree to fold into that fabric and drop arms then maybe this works. Maybe.

I'm sure any deal will include a "snap back" clause where the Afghan Govt could bring US troops back in if the Taliban start inviting their AQAP friends in.

Would you prefer we keep fighting for another 20 years?

Afghanistan has a democratic government and civil rights finally in place, if the Taliban agree to fold into that fabric and drop arms then maybe this works. Maybe.

I'm sure any deal will include a "snap back" clause where the Afghan Govt could bring US troops back in if the Taliban start inviting their AQAP friends in.
I want us out but negotiating with a terrorist regime seems like a formula for disaster.

I want us out but negotiating with a terrorist regime seems like a formula for disaster.

Shitty solution to a shitty situation. If Colombia can reach a deal to integrate the FARC as a political entity into normal life, maybe they can too.

the us gov has been lying to us about afghanistan for years. there is no legit reason we should still be over there. we need to get out of there asap.

Shitty solution to a shitty situation. If Colombia can reach a deal to integrate the FARC as a political entity into normal life, maybe they can too.
Hey, if Afghanistan can come up with an agreement with the Taliban, I'm all for it. Hopefully it doesnt lead to another Al Qaeda.

Like everything from this Administration, this is ham-handed and lacking of any strategy other than to get our troops out in time to give Trump something he can boast about on the campaign trail.

Everybody wants them out but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. But as long as he’s got a campaign talking point, Trump doesn’t give a sh*t.

Like everything from this Administration, this is ham-handed and lacking of any strategy other than to get our troops out in time to give Trump something he can boast about on the campaign trail.

Everybody wants them out but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. But as long as he’s got a campaign talking point, Trump doesn’t give a sh*t.

Wow, we are all shocked to find that you found the need to bitch and whine about this policy process.

Since you’re an expert on everything while actually knowing very little, so share what we should be doing in Afghanistan in 2020?

Reactions: UCFWayne
Wow, we are all shocked to find that you found the need to bitch and whine about this policy process.
Poooooooooor Donald. That meanie on a UCF message board is criticizing him AGAIN! Booohoooo!

If this was Obama 85 would be going ape-sh*t about negotiating with TERRORISTS! But since it’s Trump, not a single chirp out of him.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Poooooooooor Donald. That meanie on a UCF message board is criticizing him AGAIN! Booohoooo!

If this was Obama 85 would be going ape-sh*t about negotiating with TERRORISTS! But since it’s Trump, not a single chirp out of him.

Color me shocked that you again chose to omit responding to something in a post that you crop out. You’re absolutely delusional.

At some point we need a way out of that mess. If this is it so be it. I doubt it works out, but I am all for us getting as many troops out of the middle east as possible. We no longer need their oil, so let cut them loose.

At some point we need a way out of that mess. If this is it so be it. I doubt it works out, but I am all for us getting as many troops out of the middle east as possible. We no longer need their oil, so let cut them loose.
Oil? No. But where will Hunter Biden get his heroin from if we shut off this supply? Jebus man, he's got children to pay for.

Also props to shuckster for using the term "ham hands" when referring to our approach to a muslim nation. Trump is slathering his victorious ham hands all over those muslim extremists. Hail Varsity!

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Go back to the thread and read all about those evil terrorists who are never satisfied.

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Go back to the thread and read all about those evil terrorists who are never satisfied.
Pretty much all of those responses were based on your complaint that we didnt negotiate with Palestine, which I proved to be false. Trump tried, they walked away. Simple as that. I'd say that you want to have it both ways, but it seems more likely that you just want it one way: the opposite of anything trump does.

Pretty much all of those responses were based on your complaint that we didnt negotiate with Palestine, which I proved to be false. Trump tried, they walked away.
You didn’t prove sh*t. With great fanfare Trump announces his Middle East peace plan. As I posted ad nuseam, you can’t have a peace plan if the two warring sides don’t agree to it. But that didn’t stop Trump from announcing it anyway so you Red Hats could gush at yet another ‘major accomplishment.’

Anyone who believes Presidential Mob Boss has done anything worth a damn for the country is delusional.

i noticed that shookster once again deflected from offering how he would deal with afghanistan. that way it gives him the option to crap on whatever path trump decides to take.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You didn’t prove sh*t. With great fanfare Trump announces his Middle East peace plan. As I posted ad nuseam, you can’t have a peace plan if the two warring sides don’t agree to it. But that didn’t stop Trump from announcing it anyway so you Red Hats could gush at yet another ‘major accomplishment.’

Anyone who believes Presidential Mob Boss has done anything worth a damn for the country is delusional.

Um, I posted several links that proved trump tried negotiating with Palestine. That isn't proof?

Maybe Shookster should enlist so he can single handedly fight for another 20 years to eradicate the Taliban as he's demanding here.

They only control 40% of territory, how hard could it be?

i noticed that shookster once again deflected from offering how he would deal with afghanistan. that way it gives him the option to crap on whatever path trump decides to take.
I realize my insights are so brilliant that posters like you and Crazy wait with bated breath to hear how I'd solve the World's various debacles.

But, alas, this is a free board.

Trump's Taliban "deal" is nothing more than a face-saving way of bringing the troops home. Hey, I'm all for bringing the troops home (as I was during the Obama years.)

Just understand that, like Obama's troop withdrawal, there will be consequences when our 'police force' leaves the scene.

I realize my insights are so brilliant that posters like you and Crazy wait with bated breath to hear how I'd solve the World's various debacles.

Trump's Taliban "deal" is nothing more than a face-saving way of bringing the troops home. Hey, I'm all for bringing the troops home (as I was during the Obama years.)

Just understand that, like Obama's troop withdrawal, there will be consequences when our 'police force' leaves the scene.

Incredible. 4 sentences and still did not even answer the basic question posed. Delusions on a grandiose scale.

Incredible. 4 sentences and still did not even answer the basic question posed. Delusions on a grandiose scale.
he cant take a single stand until he hears from trump first so that he can automatically take the other side. trump affects his life so much. i feel bad for him.

Trust me, nobody is waiting with bated breath for your solutions because we already know what you'll say.

Trump did it, I'm against it. Rinse. Repeat.

Trust me, nobody is waiting with bated breath for your solutions because we already know what you'll say.

Trump did it, I'm against it. Rinse. Repeat.
If you guys would have actually read my last post in full, I stated that I'd bring them too. I just wouldn't have played the political face-saving game of signing a "peace agreement" with the Taliban in order to bring the troops home and hide from the future consequences of my actions.

I can see it all now: The next time sh*t hits the fan in the Middle East -- as we all know it eventually will -- it won't be that Trump screwed up (as once upon a time you all agreed that Obama did which resulted in the growth of ISIS.) Instead the finger of blame will be pointed at those God-awful TALIBAN terrorists who BROKE their peace agreement with us!!! DAMN THEM!!! :rolleyes:

If you guys would have actually read my last post in full, I stated that I'd bring them too. I just wouldn't have played the political face-saving game of signing a "peace agreement" with the Taliban in order to bring the troops home and hide from the future consequences of my actions.

I can see it all now: The next time sh*t hits the fan in the Middle East -- as we all know it eventually will -- it won't be that Trump screwed up (as once upon a time you all agreed that Obama did which resulted in the growth of ISIS.) Instead the finger of blame will be pointed at those God-awful TALIBAN terrorists who BROKE their peace agreement with us!!! DAMN THEM!!! :rolleyes:

So you’d rather just leave without any sort of agreement with the Islamist group that controls 40% of the country? With no attempt to keep them in check? Wow, what a far better idea!

[roll]

Totally fair response other than the shots. You explained why you disagree with the strategy and I totally agree that the outcome will be the same. Of Course the middle east and Afghanistan will again fall into chaos, that's a given. Knowing that, the details of how we get out mean jacksquat.

This thread seems very much like the NK victory thread that 85 posted.

Well done Mr. President. Bravo Sir!
Haven’t heard much from them lately. Seems like at one time, they were launching missiles every few weeks and threatening to destroy the U.S.A. monthly or every one of your menstrual cycles

Haven’t heard much from them lately. Seems like at one time, they were launching missiles every few weeks and threatening to destroy the U.S.A. monthly or every one of your menstrual cycles
Well I'll be damned, Trump's NK 'diplomacy' worked then, huh? :) :) :) :) :)

I won't get into all this political bickering, That being said, If we hope to get out of the place, a Peace agreement will have to happen. Will this one work, I have serious doubts, but it is worth the try. If it works out and we can get out of there, great. If not we are no worse off than before it was tried.

So you’d rather just leave without any sort of agreement with the Islamist group that controls 40% of the country? With no attempt to keep them in check? Wow, what a far better idea!

[roll]

We should go full on Soleimani on the Taliban leadership at a wide scale and then offer a truce deal. Show them the full scale of our capabilities, give them an offer for terms of peace, and let them know if they do it again we will be back.

You know, like what Truman did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT