ADVERTISEMENT

USF inks home and home with Boise

Wasn't that the game where Boise had three punts blocked? It was ugly as hell.

Boise State is only perceived well because they kicked ass for a while and got an inequitable portion of their conferences TV deal which ends up giving them a power advantage over the rest of their conference.

Haven’t you been paying attention??? Perception is all that matters these days. Ability seems to be overrated.

And I think we should be playing marquee teams 2 for 1’s, at least 1-1 and neutral. We have more to prove than the older, more established schools.

I trust DW as well... he’s done great to this point, I’m not questioning. Just my opinion.

Hold on, are you guys carrying on a conversation as if we dodged Boise State?
No I don't think that is what people are saying. This thread started by stating that USF had inked a home and home with Boise. Some people think that was a smart move by USF and others think that Boise is either below us, or is not a good idea. I don't think anyone is saying we are avoiding them.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
Here’s a fun way to look at it. Imagine that when Boise comes to play the Calves by some miracle both of them are ranked. Calves knock off Boise, then we beat them in the War on I-4. In that way we take care of both of them and we come out on top, as it should be!

No I don't think that is what people are saying. This thread started by stating that USF had inked a home and home with Boise. Some people think that was a smart move by USF and others think that Boise is either below us, or is not a good idea. I don't think anyone is saying we are avoiding them.

You should have started this thread over in the Bulls Pen.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Just stop.

Almost every P5 team plays Div I-AA teams and heck, some P5 teams play TWO Div I-AA games in the same year!

One UCF game each year vs a Div I-AA school does not "kill our national perception".
No, you stop. However ignorant or misguided they may be, the vast majority of college football fans have become convinced that any Autonomy conference team is nearly always better than any team from other conferences. Take a look at the rest of my post that you edited when quoting.

When the average uniformed fan hears that our schedule has only 1 or 2 Autonomy teams on it, but does have an FCS team, we have zero chance of being perceived as an elite team by those fans.

If you want to say that their perception doesn't matter, fine. But don't stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't kill our perception as an elite team.

Tl:dr version - We don't get the benefit of the doubt those other teams get.

e.t.a. - Have a look at this thread to see our fanbase prove my point
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-aac-vs-acc-bowl-game.74529/

Last edited:
No, you stop. However ignorant or misguided they may be, the vast majority of college football fans have become convinced that any Autonomy conference team is nearly always better than any team from other conferences. Take a look at the rest of my post that you edited when quoting.

When the average uniformed fan hears that our schedule has only 1 or 2 Autonomy teams on it, but does have an FCS team, we have zero chance of being perceived as an elite team by those fans.

If you want to say that their perception doesn't matter, fine. But don't stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't kill our perception as an elite team.

Tl:dr version - We don't get the benefit of the doubt those other teams get.

e.t.a. - Have a look at this thread to see our fanbase prove my point
https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-aac-vs-acc-bowl-game.74529/
We also don't get the benefit of the doubt if we lose even one game.

Aside from who we schedule, the other consideration is how much money we make or lose.

We also don't get the benefit of the doubt if we lose even one game.

Aside from who we schedule, the other consideration is how much money we make or lose.
Those are both equally as true as the point I was making. IMO it's foolish to claim there aren't negative consequences to go along with any positive benefits of scheduling FCS teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT