ADVERTISEMENT

usf vs UCF baseball 1pm ESPN+ Thursday. Is this the last War on I-4?

Top of 5th. 2-2. usf jumped up early then UCF crawled back into the game.

Plumlee got great base hit, then got to third. Then a hard hit got him home to tie it up.

Lovelady had since 2017 to develop this program. Long enough to get a good assessment of his work. Results have been unacceptable for a baseball program in the heart of Florida. Bat cheating scandal may not have had anything to do with him but doesn't help and his reaction to it was embarrassing. UCF baseball has to move on and hit the reset button.

It's hard to overstate how bad this program was in the AAC. 9 AAC conference tournaments were played in Clearwater just a couple hours from campus and UCF didn't win one of them. Shameful. Make a move, Terry!

giphy.gif

Fail to see the purpose of keeping any coach that struggles to be an also ran team in an average conference only to join a top tier conference. On top of that the team gets embarrassed by a rival program that is not even good.

You people really didn't believe UCF had a chance in hell of winning anything in Baseball, did you? To Div 1 teams they gave up 332 runs in 41 games; that's an 8 ERA. This makes it a trifecta of pathetic coaching staffs. Dawkins is awful' can't recruit anyone but JC rejects, can'tget any decent HS players. Malzahn is a product ofhis own ego. Any decent pro-style QB, warning, warning, warning STAY FAR AWAY FROM UCF! For you fans of these pseudo-pro sports, watch the real thing. College sports are a joke!

I don’t care about the cheating with the bats. Pretty common to try and circumvent rules. Losing is unacceptable. He has to go. 6 years is long enough. Need at least 4 tourney appearances and 2 of those winning a regional at minimum for a Florida school. Not even asking to get to CWS. If his recruiting is good he flat out can’t coach.

Some people can outlast a job because they can speak to leadership and present themselves in a positive light despite performance. His interview with a pro UCF reporter over the bat situation showed he was in way over his head and struggled to look professional.

If the baseball team can hire well and turn in around quickly, it will make the decision to ride out Dawkins look worse.

Reactions: U C to the F
Finally. He just seemed super uninspiring and his teams always played that way. Couldn’t stand his pen in his hat either, looked dumb as hell. Buh-bye. Good to know we won’t put up with mediocrity, Dawkins is surely on notice.

I hear we had some good recruits committed, hopefully we can keep them and get a competent coaching staff in here to develop them.

Finally. He just seemed super uninspiring and his teams always played that way. Couldn’t stand his pen in his hat either, looked dumb as hell. Buh-bye. Good to know we won’t put up with mediocrity, Dawkins is surely on notice.

I hear we had some good recruits committed, hopefully we can keep them and get a competent coaching staff in here to develop them.
The draft will be the deciding factor. If guys get drafted they will not show up on campus.

Lovelady wasn't a horrible coach, but not good enough to take UCF where it needs to be. I wish him well on his next gig. Now Terry needs to find a gem.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Lovelady wasn't a horrible coach, but not good enough to take UCF where it needs to be. I wish him well on his next gig. Now Terry needs to find a gem.
When you go to a regional once over a 7 year tenure....in Florida....in a mediocre baseball conference.....at a school like UCF....with a "new" stadium....

yeah you're a pretty HORRIBLE coach

(I just don't get how fans on here can continue to say anything positive about this tool)

Reactions: U C to the F
When you go to a regional once over a 7 year tenure....in Florida....in a mediocre baseball conference.....at a school like UCF....with a "new" stadium....

yeah you're a pretty HORRIBLE coach

(I just don't get how fans on here can continue to say anything positive about this tool)
Agreed, he was mediocre and I think everyone can at least agree he definitely wasn’t a good coach for UCF. No way someone can argue that, and his interview about the illegal bat story was god awful embarrassing. I didn’t listen to any of his other interviews but if that was an indication, he wasn’t ready for prime time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT