ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral transferring

That means he has to sit out a year, correct?
Can he transfer and play right away not on scholarship? That wouldn’t be a good move.
He still has to set a year but could go on scholarship the next after a year of paying his own way.

Per the Nebraska site he is transferring to that place.....

Really stupid. I'm betting everyone here can name a guy like this, mine's Chris Giacone (Mark UCF RB, bro.) Was a QB, and chose a Miss school over UCF. Then, transferred to I think Neb., then transferred to Tenn. I don't think he ever played a snap. Why the hell go to a school that you have to sit out a year, and who's just got their QB of the future?

Really stupid. I'm betting everyone here can name a guy like this, mine's Chris Giacone (Mark UCF RB, bro.) Was a QB, and chose a Miss school over UCF. Then, transferred to I think Neb., then transferred to Tenn. I don't think he ever played a snap. Why the hell go to a school that you have to sit out a year, and who's just got their QB of the future?
Absolutely a dumb move IMO. He most likely just ended his college career. He’s not starting for Nebraska unless he improves immensely. They are going to get stud QB recruits yearly with Frost

he was born into that Nebraska world, the State loyalty is real. Florida or California kids are not the same. I'm guessing he doesn't care and just wants to have that N helmet and team pictures to look back on after college.

Last edited:

My cautionary example was the third member of the fabled Miami triplets Brandon Gainer (I think), a 4 star RB who was going to come here with Jeff & Josh only to duck out gor Kentucky. Didn't do crap for a couple of years then drifted away never to be heard from again. Could have been a star at this place

Honorable mentions to Eddie Johnson, Glen Stanley, urban legend Terry Mayo, and DaMarcus Smith.

But Vedral doesn't have the talent of any of these guys so who cares?
A

remember that QB from Dallas that came to UCF? I think he transferred 2 times after UCF and still never saw the field

he was born into that Nebraska world, the State loyalty is real. Florida or California kids are not the same. I'm guessing he doesn't care and just wants to have a that N helmet and team pictures to look back on after college.
If that’s what he wants, more power to him.

I hope he ends up in a situation that makes him happy - the same goes for all of the kids in our program.

Reactions: GILL T
he was born into that Nebraska world, the State loyalty is real. Florida or California kids are not the same. I'm guessing he doesn't care and just wants to have a that N helmet and team pictures to look back on after college.

This is the most likely scenario. He knows he’s a career backup anyway and already has a National Championship ring.

Heard he preferred the much larger farm girl type babes that can be found in/around most cornfields.*

So do I , doesn't mean I want to live there....I just put those bitches into a cattle car and bring them to Texas....lots of room for grazing.

maybe he thinks he can be the bridge QB but Frost may just start Martinez as a Freshman
If he started Milton as a true freshman, he'll have no problem rolling that kid out day 1. He's going to employee the UCF handbook for year one, until he seeing something not working the same. He's basically going to try and make Nebraska "UCF mid-west" but it's all going to depend on finding a QB to run his system, and the ability to bring in the same kind of athletes. Like it or not, that is going to be tougher to do in the middle of nowhere, even in a P5 conference.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
UCF has blocked his transfer as a scholar-athlete to Nebraska, he would have to walk on.
I was wondering if this might occur. It's nothing against the kid, but the school has to draw the line in what it will allow kids to do (as far as transferring).

Not surprising since Nebraska is home and he has a redshirt year to burn. Wonder if UCF will allow the transfer for this circumstance only. I like blocking transfers to Nebraska in general, but this one off case I think UCF should allow.

If he started Milton as a true freshman, he'll have no problem rolling that kid out day 1. He's going to employee the UCF handbook for year one, until he seeing something not working the same. He's basically going to try and make Nebraska "UCF mid-west" but it's all going to depend on finding a QB to run his system, and the ability to bring in the same kind of athletes. Like it or not, that is going to be tougher to do in the middle of nowhere, even in a P5 conference.
It will be interesting to follow how Frost does and if he hits any roadblocks.

Nebraska fans expect Year 2 to have this amazing leap just like at UCF and for some reason they don't I wonder how he will adjust. Is he the next Urban Meyer or did UCF have a situation & infrastructure that lends any above average coach to turn it around as quick as he did?

Poolside gets it. Vedral's entire family played for Nebraska basically. I believe Tom Osborne is his great uncle, or something.

He didn't get offered a scholarship at Nebraska so he made the smart move to go somewhere that did and his top choices were probably Ohio and UCF.

It's unlikely he's leaving because he thinks he'll get more playing time (I'm guessing he wouldn't play much at either place). It's because he can be at Nebraska and get a scholarship.

Does Hayden Kingston get offered a scholarship or will he be gone too

He already sat out a year and couldn't be on scholarship because of his transfer from Wake Forest. More than likely he goes on scholarship this year. Not likely he would transfer as he is a local kid, already sat a year, and his best friend stud of a WR just transferred to UCF

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Does Hayden Kingston get offered a scholarship or will he be gone too

He already sat out a year and couldn't be on scholarship because of his transfer from Wake Forest. More than likely he goes on scholarship this year. Not likely he would transfer as he is a local kid, already sat a year, and his best friend stud of a WR just transferred to UCF

Transfers can be on scholarship but unless they are 5th year transfers, they have to sit out a year.

Many HC will offer preferred walk-on status to certain players, including some transfers that could end up on scholarship some day if they perform well.

We aren’t discussing Vedral. Was Schneider. But we also had a guy Harris that ended up at Rhode Island or something and threw like 6 interceptions in one game.
Harris was another flagpole. Neither Harris nor Schneider could outrun a defensive lineman. They were stuck in the mud

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT