ADVERTISEMENT

Vedral's Plan

Knight59

Five-Star Recruit
Sep 3, 2016
Sylva, NC
Has anyone heard if Noah is going to stay or does he plan to transfer? If he does our quarterback depth is going to be hurting.

He’ll head back or he who walks behind the rows will come for him.

children-of-the-corn-4.jpg

Ever notice where UFOs are frequently spotted? It's Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and such. There really is something to this place , this Scientolo. All they do is activate the homing beacon injected into the spine and home go will you...yes, yes...

Everyone knows that the minute the state of Nebraska wants you back, you have to go back. No exceptions. As soon as he is instructed to, he will return home to Scientolo...I mean, Nebraska.
I believe it's called Stockholm syndrome, maybe there is a Stockholm, Nebraska

Vedral is better off staying here.

If you're doing well emotionally today check this article out:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_ed7d5878-e5b8-11e7-a47f-ab0922bd2e5b.html

I'm going to support Frost at the Peach Bowl next week BUT at this point I have a lot of problems with what he said in the above article compared to how he spoke to us while he was here. Easy case in point: The line about his assistants getting fired at UCF if they stayed behind was a crock of $hit.

Reactions: Mikesi
I think you took what he said outta context. It's the usual practice that the incoming coach gets rid of most, if not all of the old regime and replaces with his guys. Frost was just stating what typically happens.

"Frost likes the continuity of his staff — he brought it whole cloth from Central Florida — and he offered each one of his assistants a job on his current staff. They all accepted.

"I've watched a lot of coaches take the next step in the big job and maybe they take a few with them, but maybe they don't take everybody and they get left behind and they get fired," Frost said. "That's not the right thing to do in my eyes. The right thing to do was to give every one of my coaches the opportunity to come. If they're good enough to take an 0-12 program to 12-0 in two years, they're good enough to coach anywhere. What they've accomplished at UCF is next to impossible.""

Reactions: tad2001
I think you took what he said outta context. It's the usual practice that the incoming coach gets rid of most, if not all of the old regime and replaces with his guys. Frost was just stating what typically happens.

"Frost likes the continuity of his staff — he brought it whole cloth from Central Florida — and he offered each one of his assistants a job on his current staff. They all accepted.

"I've watched a lot of coaches take the next step in the big job and maybe they take a few with them, but maybe they don't take everybody and they get left behind and they get fired," Frost said. "That's not the right thing to do in my eyes. The right thing to do was to give every one of my coaches the opportunity to come. If they're good enough to take an 0-12 program to 12-0 in two years, they're good enough to coach anywhere. What they've accomplished at UCF is next to impossible.""
I'm taking it all in context with what he said while here :) I know, he gone!

My only issue is the last sentence. I'm beginning to wonder if he is buying into his own press clippings a bit too much. He walked into a situation with kids who were willing to buy into everything immediately with a first time HC because they just went 0-12 at a G5 school. Now he's walking into a situation where they think the only thing seperating them from 4-8 to 10-2 was the previous head coach. Those 4 star kids and Nebraska fans married to Nebraska style football may not be as open to the drastically new program.

If the players and school administrators don't buy in, he and his staff won't look like guys that can do the impossible.

Reactions: Knight In TN

It was the best 0-12 team, talent wise, that has ever existed.

I also realize that GOL use to chuck some bull-dingee too; it goes with the business of being a salesman for your program.

He is getting a lot of mileage out of the 0-12 record in 2015. It really wasn't an 0-12 team on paper. Only the true UCF fans know the talent was there. They had some key injuries, and in my opinion the defense was never coached in 2015. Once GOL resigned in Oct all the other coaches were looking for the next job. I felt bad for the kids, but happy for them to go out in style this year. :sunglasses:

Reactions: firm_bizzle
He is getting a lot of mileage out of the 0-12 record in 2015. It really wasn't an 0-12 team on paper. Only the true UCF fans know the talent was there. They had some key injuries, and in my opinion the defense was never coached in 2015. Once GOL resigned in Oct all the other coaches were looking for the next job. I felt bad for the kids, but happy for them to go out in style this year. :sunglasses:
Truth. But, you still have to give This Place credit for this year. It was a thing of beauty(minus the lack of a defensive coordinator since October).

I actually like calling him This Place because that turn around had a lot to do with this place and not just Frost's ability. It truly was this place that went 12-0.

Frost has admitted before that it wasn't 0-12 talent. He's going to say what he has to say to look like the good guy and try to sell Nebraska. If he beats Auburn it's going to help him at Nebraska recruiting the last month as much as it annoys some UCF fans.

It sounds like he is transferring. Not sure where he is going but it wouldn't be surprising if he went back to Nebraska.

Vedral is better off staying here.

If you're doing well emotionally today check this article out:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_ed7d5878-e5b8-11e7-a47f-ab0922bd2e5b.html

I'm going to support Frost at the Peach Bowl next week BUT at this point I have a lot of problems with what he said in the above article compared to how he spoke to us while he was here. Easy case in point: The line about his assistants getting fired at UCF if they stayed behind was a crock of $hit.

Some of his assistants may have been fired if Frost hadn’t taken them. I’m pretty sure Heupel is allowed to choose his own assistants.

Reactions: tad2001
Frost has admitted before that it wasn't 0-12 talent. He's going to say what he has to say to look like the good guy and try to sell Nebraska. If he beats Auburn it's going to help him at Nebraska recruiting the last month as much as it annoys some UCF fans.
True. But I do like the fact that, despite them trying to totally raid our commits, at this point we have 15 signees & commits and Nebraska has only 13.

Reactions: Mikesi
I'm happy Frost is coaching the guys at a chance at 13-0 but I found it funny that he did his signing day teleconference today from Orlando. He's a Snowbird Coach right now
How about the fact that the wife and unnamed baby are here as well? Can’t stomach spending more time in the cold than they absolutely have to.

Ignore all you want. As a fan base, UCF has embarrassed themselves. You are part of that embarrassment. I have never seen such a large group of whiny people.

Ignore all you want. As a fan base, UCF has embarrassed themselves. You are part of that embarrassment. I have never seen such a large group of whiny people.

You must be the one guy who isn't part of the 90,000 that go to all the Nebraska games then.

You pathetic losers are actually bragging and talking trash about hiring a coach. Your 5th in 15 years. THAT'S embarrassing.

Hit the bricks, hayseed.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Some of his assistants may have been fired if Frost hadn’t taken them. I’m pretty sure Heupel is allowed to choose his own assistants.
Except Randy Shannon. I'm pretty sure he was told he had to take him with the position. I'm pretty sure Shannon approached UCF.

He is one play away from starting. Don't think he is going anywhere.

Plus Frost just signed a big (6' 2" 200 lbs) top 4 star QB from California that will enroll in Jan and who will most likely have the inside shot to even start as a true Freshmen. (Milton was just a normal summer enrollee as a true freshmen).

Last edited:
Reactions: KMF-UCF
I wouldn’t be surprised if Vedral transferred since barring injury to Milton he will be a backup until he is a senior. Plus he has a redshirt year to use. I would be surprised to see him go to Nebraska though.

Reactions: KMF-UCF
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT