ADVERTISEMENT

War On I4 2016

22knights_era

Three-Star Recruit
Nov 25, 2015
Do we know how either Danny White or Scott Frost feels about the South Florida game being on Thanksgiving? Hoping they move it back to Black Friday this year.

It's up to the networks, but Black Friday was better. I've been to both. More difficult now to have it on Thanksgiving since the game is away.

It's up to the networks, but Black Friday was better. I've been to both. More difficult now to have it on Thanksgiving since the game is away.
So if a network picks it up for thanksgiving, the schools don't have to agree? I'll admit that I don't know how that kind of stuff works

So if a network picks it up for thanksgiving, the schools don't have to agree? I'll admit that I don't know how that kind of stuff works

I don't think they have to agree, but we could be shut out of being on TV for that game. Also, I think the AAC has a contract with ESPN, so maybe we have to oblige.

My guess is that the TV execs call the shots. If you want it on TV here are your choices. I think because the fact that UCF was sucking so bad and the game had no real meaning nationally they were going to move it to noon or earlier on Black Friday or to prime time on Thanksgiving. UCF and USF chose Thanksgiving.

To be honest it was a pretty fun day to be at the game and attendance was not that bad. My family actually planned the day around it having Thanksgiving at noon and getting out to the field for tailgating and fun afterwards. I would do it again.

My guess is that the TV execs call the shots. If you want it on TV here are your choices. I think because the fact that UCF was sucking so bad and the game had no real meaning nationally they were going to move it to noon or earlier on Black Friday or to prime time on Thanksgiving. UCF and USF chose Thanksgiving.

To be honest it was a pretty fun day to be at the game and attendance was not that bad. My family actually planned the day around it having Thanksgiving at noon and getting out to the field for tailgating and fun afterwards. I would do it again.

You do realize that it's now 90 minutes away next year which is an additional 3 hours or more on a Holiday? That does make it a little more difficult for many.

You do realize that it's now 90 minutes away next year which is an additional 3 hours or more on a Holiday? That does make it a little more difficult for many.

Actually it is more than 8 hours away for me. But I have family in Orlando so I get that some people do not. I saying that it was not a complete disaster. I also don't think it would have happened if UCF was even bowl eligible.

It won't happen but I prefer that the game be played in late October or the week before Thanksgiving when there may be more tv slots open bc of all the IAA scheduling before the Traditional Rivalry weekend.

The atmosphere at USF will suck regardless but the Conference misses out on a big opportunity when they schedule this game at UCF when 100% of the students are not in town. The fanbase is not old & established enough to pull it off like Texas. Thanksgiving weekend zaps out a usually very lively gameday at UCF when the team is competitive

Reactions: FrostedKnight
It won't happen but I prefer that the game be played in late October or the week before Thanksgiving when there may be more tv slots open bc of all the IAA scheduling before the Traditional Rivalry weekend.

The atmosphere at USF will suck regardless but the Conference misses out on a big opportunity when they schedule this game at UCF when 100% of the students are not in town. The fanbase is not old & established enough to pull it off like Texas. Thanksgiving weekend zaps out a usually very lively gameday at UCF when the team is competitive

Totally agree. We are rivals but there is no way we can compete on rivalry weekend. Have the game another night where it can be a focus and when the students are in town.

Decisions for this and Big 12 will most likely be like this for next few years until something is established...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT