ADVERTISEMENT

War on I4 TV Ratings

watching fast Florida athletes is better than watching boring Big10 West Football

And this game had almost no promotion

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
This also shows the power of our Alumni base and casual Orlando football fans when you put a winner on the field. Casual fans may not show up in droves at spectrum stadium but they will definitely watch UCF on television play against good teams.

Just also shows you the BS of the power five football revenue system. UCF and USF can help enrich ABC and ESPN with our TV ratings yet we can’t share in the spoils. We put a great product on the field and get nothing, the Gators can put crappy teams on TV and make 40 million in revenue in one year.

I’m just asking for some fairness. I know the American isn’t on the level of the SEC, but I believe at minimum our conference is worth at least 25% of the what the SEC makes and American teams should make about 10 million per school per year. Greed in the end will ruin college football just like it may end our country as being the top super power in the world.

UCF vs USF ratings for the Black Friday ABC were up 45% from last year’s game at the same time featuring Nebraska vs Iowa. Hello! Those are dying programs. The demographics of the US are shifting.

That's a lot of households P5!!! $$$$$$

Put a good product on the field and good competition and they will come/watch

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Obviously the Big almost 12 was right, there is no market for either of these teams. We idiots just don't understand that the 21,000 Kansas brings in attendance for the Big almost 12 has such a higher value. After all, Kansas must have been relevant in some past century.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Friday’s game picked up approximately 233,000 local viewers in the Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne TV market

Obviously the Big almost 12 was right, there is no market for either of these teams. We idiots just don't understand that the 21,000 Kansas brings in attendance for the Big almost 12 has such a higher value. After all, Kansas must have been relevant in some past century.
Kansas probably pulls in more viewers and money on basketball alone than UCF does in football. That's not an easy task either.

There's no doubt in my mind that if UCF and USF were invited to the big12, that we would dominate that conference for a very long time... in both ratings and rankings.
Which is why we won't get invited. One of their ADs said something to the effect of: Why would we want to help an upstart program to compete against us?
I really think if they invited someone, it would be like Tulane, that they know will never really compete for a championship.

Don't know if done on purpose ;) but it is freaking hysterical.

Feel bad for her, though, now all the Nobraska trolls will invade her page

Yeah I doubt she did it on purpose but the timing is perfect considering what's going on.

Clear example of population shifts

That “probably” easy to do when you play more than three times the games.
Well that and being a blue blood and consistent threat to be in at least the elite eight every year. You guys were making some weird comparison that KU doesn't belong if you guys don't based on nothing more than your attendance. I am just pointing out that KU isn't just in the Big12 because they are close.

Well that and being a blue blood and consistent threat to be in at least the elite eight every year. You guys were making some weird comparison that KU doesn't belong if you guys don't based on nothing more than your attendance. I am just pointing out that KU isn't just in the Big12 because they are close.

We know Kansas is an elite basketball school. UCF is striving to be a top 25 program in EVERY sport in which they compete EVERY year.

You can thank the open coaching positions for the eyeballs. Most nebraska fans i know watched UCF over watching Nebraska game. I am sure other fan bases with open coaching positions helped. ABC knew what they were doing when they slotted you. It wasnt about your team. 100% about your coach!

UCF vs USF ratings for the Black Friday ABC were up 45% from last year’s game at the same time featuring Nebraska vs Iowa. Hello! Those are dying programs. The demographics of the US are shifting.

This should tell you all you need to know about how things will look in 20 years, especially as millaneals cut the cord and end the big tv paydays

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You can thank the open coaching positions for the eyeballs. Most nebraska fans i know watched UCF over watching Nebraska game. I am sure other fan bases with open coaching positions helped. ABC knew what they were doing when they slotted you. It wasnt about your team. 100% about your coach!

Bruh, 45% more. Not that many people are tuning in to watch the coach.

So when the going gets rough abounded your team...got it.

Yes, I'm sure ABC was only interested in the 80 year old blue hairs living in that shithole they call Lincoln. You are so smart.

So when the going gets rough abounded your team...got it.
Is that what i said? Reading comprehension is lacking among all UCF fans on this site. No we already knew what was going to happen in our game and the writing has been on the wall win or lose the game didnt matter and we already knew that. We also wanted to see more of our head coach in waiting! Try again lil fellar

Bruh, 45% more. Not that many people are tuning in to watch the coach.
LoL 45% more over Previous ABC rankings... UCF hasnt had that spot on ABC ever. NEXT!
Yes, I'm sure ABC was only interested in the 80 year old blue hairs living in that shithole they call Lincoln. You are so smart.
Again reading comprehension is lacking. It wasnt just Nebraska fans who were watching. As i stated there are multiple major p5 gigs open..... congratulations on being slow.

Is that what i said? Reading comprehension is lacking among all UCF fans on this site. No we already knew what was going to happen in our game and the writing has been on the wall win or lose the game didnt matter and we already knew that. We also wanted to see more of our head coach in waiting! Try again lil fellar

It’s exactly what you said and you just said it again. You abandoned your team to watch UCF. What do YOU think your words mean?

LoL 45% more over Previous ABC rankings... UCF hasnt had that spot on ABC ever. NEXT!

Huh ???? It was 45% over YOUR game last year in the same slot. That means 45% more people watched the G5 CFU team than your so-called blue blood. Think of it like Game of Thrones versus Matlock. Sure, Matlock used to be HUGE, but no one wants to watch anymore.

Again reading comprehension is lacking. It wasnt just Nebraska fans who were watching. As i stated there are multiple major p5 gigs open..... congratulations on being slow.
So you agree Lincoln is a shithole. Nice!

Huh ???? It was 45% over YOUR game last year in the same slot. That means 45% more people watched the G5 CFU team than your so-called blue blood. Think of it like Game of Thrones versus Matlock. Sure, Matlock used to be HUGE, but no one wants to watch anymore.
As i already stated, the numbers were due to many different major p5's with head coach openings with nothing significant to play for. Florida still thought it had a shot, UCLA who knows, Oregon is still questionable, Tennessee, Arkansas, Nebraska, TaMU, but yes i was trying to state it was just nebraska eyeballs. Get a grip and understand that the only reason people watched is to see why everyone is talking so highly of Scott Frost and try and make their own assessment of his coaching abilities. SMH How naive are you to think you cant sell out your stadium but one game but you can make record breaking viewership nationally without even being remotely close to a national brand

Nah, dude...you get a grip. Trying to explain away a 45% increase on ratings on a coaching search? That's utterly ridiculous. It's Black Friday. It's a casual football fan audience. You know I have no problem being realistic. I would hope you would do the same and just admit that people were interested because we are undefeated and play a super exciting brand of football.

Coaching search? C'mon dude. Don't be that guy.

And no one ever said record breaking. They said BETTER than YOUR game last year. That's it. You're even adding false narratives to just to take shots?

Reactions: Square Knight
As i already stated, the numbers were due to many different major p5's with head coach openings with nothing significant to play for. Florida still thought it had a shot, UCLA who knows, Oregon is still questionable, Tennessee, Arkansas, Nebraska, TaMU, but yes i was trying to state it was just nebraska eyeballs. Get a grip and understand that the only reason people watched is to see why everyone is talking so highly of Scott Frost and try and make their own assessment of his coaching abilities. SMH How naive are you to think you cant sell out your stadium but one game but you can make record breaking viewership nationally without even being remotely close to a national brand

That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. You can’t be that bad to even believe it yourself. Nobody watches the game for the coach, we have an exciting team and an exciting rival matchup which fans tuned in to watch. Sure it’s CF system but our players are the ones who have been executing it all year long to get us where we are right now.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
And no one ever said record breaking. They said BETTER than YOUR game last year. That's it. You're even adding false narratives to just to take shots?

False narratives are all Frost Troll and all these other knuckleheads from Nebraska have.

Nah, dude...you get a grip. Trying to explain away a 45% increase on ratings on a coaching search? That's utterly ridiculous. It's Black Friday. It's a casual football fan audience. You know I have no problem being realistic. I would hope you would do the same and just admit that people were interested because we are undefeated and play a super exciting brand of football.

FrostTroll is a 51 year old woman. Not a dude

I don’t think I’ve ever had a more solid LAUGH! Who on God’s earth watches ANY football game, let alone a college one, to see a coach??? LOL... WOW... JUST WOW...

Moos just tweeted:

The CFP Committee called to say that we were PROBABLY going to be put in the CFP rankings Top 4," but we would have to play Wisconsin. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

This is equally as silly as claiming responsibility for the tv ratings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT