ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Decommits

Washington also explaining his reasoning for decommitting from UCF.

“I just felt like UCF wasn’t the place for me,” Washington said. “UCF is a good school and I like everything about it, but the thing that changed my mind was my relationship with the coaches. It started fading away and it wasn’t really tight like it was when I first committed. A lot of things just changed and I wasn’t liking the vibe.”

Washington also explaining his reasoning for decommitting from UCF.

“I just felt like UCF wasn’t the place for me,” Washington said. “UCF is a good school and I like everything about it, but the thing that changed my mind was my relationship with the coaches. It started fading away and it wasn’t really tight like it was when I first committed. A lot of things just changed and I wasn’t liking the vibe.”
Again, translation--- Sounds like the coaches think he sucks!

Sounds like he was worried of the competition. But he has to realize anywhere you go you have to earn it nothing will be handed to you.

The pressure on these kids is pretty high. Seems like he has his head on straight and this was not an ego thing. Always hate to see someone move on but this seems like a well thought out decision.

Didn't we just come out of a quiet or dead period where coaches weren't allowed to talk to recruits (unless on campus during the quiet period)?

We've only had 3 or 4 good QBs in our history. UF has almost that many Heisman winners.
That's because we only have 20 years in Div. IA, half those years we were led by a run-first coach, and we are a P-5 school. With over 50% more undergrads than UF now and the 3rd best graduation rate, our alums may finally get some funding leverage in the legislature. Being the fastest growing employment area in the nation also helps!

It's not been that much harder to crack the UF starting lineup as a QB than UCF over the last several years
That's a fact. Actually for a few years from say 2011-2014, it was arguably easier to get PT at UF than UCF

Since tebow?
As we've seen since he left, he wasn't a good QB. He could run plus had great OLine and very good receivers. Perhaps their OLine just isn't as good as it used to be. I'm willing to bet if we had a few if UFs QBs over the last 10 or so years we'd have been better than we were. Minus 13 obviously.

As we've seen since he left, he wasn't a good QB. He could run plus had great OLine and very good receivers. Perhaps their OLine just isn't as good as it used to be. I'm willing to bet if we had a few if UFs QBs over the last 10 or so years we'd have been better than we were. Minus 13 obviously.

No, Tebow was a great college QB. He could take advantage of his size and speed against college players. He won and won big including a national championship. This however does not translate well to the pros. He certainly tooled UCF when we played them at the swamp. He and Chris Leak.

No, Tebow was a great college QB. He could take advantage of his size and speed against college players. He won and won big including a national championship. This however does not translate well to the pros. He certainly tooled UCF when we played them at the swamp. He and Chris Leak.
Except for getting Denver to the playoffs, one of the last times that the NFL was exciting. Oh, and forgot to mention, ratings went through the ceiling. See, pro sports is a profit-making enterprise and is pure fantasy entertainment, so unless viewers care about the players personally, they don't watch or care about a sport.

I still can't understand how Tebo could not have adopted to the pro game?? And I know he was stubborn not wanting to play any other position or in another league.

I disagree. You can love a team without caring about the players personally. I am a die hard D Wade and Heat fan and when he left I still watch every heat game although i dont care about any of the players on the team that much.

I still can't understand how Tebo could not have adopted to the pro game?? And I know he was stubborn not wanting to play any other position or in another league.

I am not sure he is the brightest bulb. Of course I have never met him, but respect him. I am just not sure that when defenses threw new looks at him that he could adapt fast enough. Seems to me that is what successful QBs can do in the pros.

I disagree. You can love a team without caring about the players personally. I am a die hard D Wade and Heat fan and when he left I still watch every heat game although i dont care about any of the players on the team that much.
But that's much more the case for the college game (or minor league baseball) because of player (and coaching) turnover. And even with Redskin and Packer games, with long waiting lists to get season tickets, ratings are still largely about publicizing the buzz is about stars.

I am not sure he is the brightest bulb. Of course I have never met him, but respect him. I am just not sure that when defenses threw new looks at him that he could adapt fast enough. Seems to me that is what successful QBs can do in the pros.
I have actually deduced it to just that.....it's got to be that he is just not that smart.

But that's much more the case for the college game (or minor league baseball) because of player (and coaching) turnover. And even with Redskin and Packer games, with long waiting lists to get season tickets, ratings are still largely about publicizing the buzz is about stars.
Fair.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT