ADVERTISEMENT

Wasn't 'Cancel Culture' supposed to be bad?

“The Republicans are stopping you from voting for us. So vote for us.”
Do you disagree that new voting laws across the country are meant to make it easier to vote or harder to vote? If it's harder, do you believe more people will vote or less?

When was the last time the GOP offered any ideas for how to govern other than to give the wealthiest Americans a tax break?

The GOP has been on a reactionary, 'Just say Hell no' kick to everything ever since W left office in disgrace.
I'm 100% behind the democrats passing anything they want so we can see if it works.

Cheney should just lie and say she won the vote today. Demand a year long recount due to voter fraud. Hire another "As seen on TV" nutjob to create a plan to overthrow congress.

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
I'm 100% behind the democrats passing anything they want so we can see if it works.
Exactly. You people would rather whine about getting nothing than getting something.

Once upon a time Congressional leaders from both parties wanted to see America prosper so when a proposal came to the floor with widespread public support (you know, like an infrastructure bill), the two sides presented their viewpoints and after some horse-trading and compromises were made that made the final bill more moderate than either side wanted, the bill was passed.

But guess what? Everybody got something -- and the bill was usually better for it.

Exactly. You people would rather whine about getting nothing than getting something.

Once upon a time Congressional leaders from both parties wanted to see America prosper so when a proposal came to the floor with widespread public support (you know, like an infrastructure bill), the two sides presented their viewpoints and after some horse-trading and compromises were made that made the final bill more moderate than either side wanted, the bill was passed.

But guess what? Everybody got something -- and the bill was usually better for it.
Who's whining? It sounds to me more like you're hedging your bets against your party's policies so you can blame Republicans if they fail. Why on earth would you not want to get your way if you believe it's the right way?

Who's whining? It sounds to me more like you're hedging your bets against your party's policies so you can blame Republicans if they fail. Why on earth would you not want to get your way if you believe it's the right way?
Our democratic society has flourished for over 244 years because we've had a strong TWO party system. But when one party takes its ball and goes home, where does that leave us? The Republican Congress complains that the infrastructure bill "is too large" and "covers things they don't feel should be part of an infrastructure bill. Fine. Then fight for a smaller bill that is more focused on infrastructure. Instead, they're likely to whine and do nothing and the Democrats will pass their larger version by themselves.

Whether that turns out to be right or wrong remains to be seen. But thanks to the 'Just say Hell No' Republicans, any attempt nowadays as building consensus in Washington has disappeared.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Our democratic society has flourished for over 244 years because we've had a strong TWO party system. But when one party takes its ball and goes home, where does that leave us? The Republican Congress complains that the infrastructure bill "is too large" and "covers things they don't feel should be part of an infrastructure bill. Fine. Then fight for a smaller bill that is more focused on infrastructure. Instead, they're likely to whine and do nothing and the Democrats will pass their larger version by themselves.

Whether that turns out to be right or wrong remains to be seen. But thanks to the 'Just say Hell No' Republicans, any attempt nowadays as building consensus in Washington has disappeared.
That’s a lot of nonsense to say nothing.

We’ll see what the Democrats do with complete control of government. I’m sure you’ll be very proud of all they accomplish.

Republicans have not stood for nothing for a very long time. They are Dem light party now. which 30 years ago would have been the blue dog dems.

Reactions: DaShuckster

Yep just like the Covid bill the counter offer is such a lowball it is them basically admitting they want to vote No regardless. They are copying the exact same playbook that McConnell used during the Obama administration so it is a lot easier to see that nothing is in good faith

Can I get qn update on dementia man's economy? Seems great! Gas is skyrocketing, high unemployment, massive inflation, middle east issues, stock market going to sh!t, and rising taxes.

How you like that fool now?
the first 3 months were actually good metrically compared to other recent Presidents. go away for a few weeks and the rage is nonstop at the Cooler I see.

Can I get qn update on dementia man's economy? Seems great! Gas is skyrocketing, high unemployment, massive inflation, middle east issues, stock market going to sh!t, and rising taxes.

How you like that fool now?
The stock market is up more than 10% on the year. Inflation 2019-2021 is average, taxes haven’t risen, unemployment is down under Biden. But no policy could have been implemented to drive any of this anyway in the first 3 months of a presidential term. It’s all comedown effect from the pandemic. I’ll see you in 4 years and I wouldn’t sell your stocks.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
That’s a lot of nonsense to say nothing.

We’ll see what the Democrats do with complete control of government. I’m sure you’ll be very proud of all they accomplish.
Their first major piece of legislation will cut child poverty in half. If they pass nothing else, it's already a success over the last guy.

What happened in 2013 with Harry Reid? I forget.
LOL Yeah, Reid should have continued to have judicial nominee after judicial nominee stuck in la-la land because Republicans -- in their infinite wisdom -- decided that blocking Obama appointees and leaving vacant seats open was in the country's best interests.

When one side wants to play 'screw you' politics rather than govern the country, this kind of shit continues to grow.

Reactions: OLearyLastCall
LOL Yeah, Reid should have continued to have judicial nominee after judicial nominee stuck in la-la land because Republicans -- in their infinite wisdom -- decided that blocking Obama appointees and leaving vacant seats open was in the country's best interests.

When one side wants to play 'screw you' politics rather than govern the country, this kind of shit continues to grow.
Or, ya know... work with Republicans to find appointees acceptable to both. Kinda like you’ve said used to happen.

But you’re not worth having a discussion with, given your opinion that everything bad is the fault of Republicans while Democrats are the party of every moral and good thing about humans.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Or, ya know... work with Republicans to find appointees acceptable to both. Kinda like you’ve said used to happen.

But you’re not worth having a discussion with, given your opinion that everything bad is the fault of Republicans while Democrats are the party of every moral and good thing about humans.
We’re supposed to be in a new era of civility and unity. You feelin it yet?

Are Republicans willing to work with Democrats? McConnell seems to have made it clear that they aren't.

Are Republicans willing to work with Democrats? McConnell seems to have made it clear that they aren't.
LOL sk8 and Knight In TN would have you believe the Republicans in Congress can do no wrong. We have them ousting Liz Cheney for calling out Trump's Big lie and House members -- just yesterday -- were saying there wasn't really an insurrection on January 6th. We're to believe it was all 'blown out of proportion.' by the MSM. One GOP House member went so far to say it was 'just a normal day.'

But the all the problems in Washington lies with the Democrats, right guys? :)

LOL sk8 and Knight In TN would have you believe the Republicans in Congress can do no wrong. We have them ousting Liz Cheney for calling out Trump's Big lie and House members -- just yesterday -- were saying there wasn't really an insurrection on January 6th. We're to believe it was all 'blown out of proportion.' by the MSM. One GOP House member went so far to say it was 'just a normal day.'

McConnell has already said his goal is to see that Biden gets nothing accomplished. I am not sure how you are supposed to work with people who make it clear they not only don't want to work with you, but actually want to see you fail. Not to mention the election lies as you point out. Apparently MTG was following around AOC yesterday screaming at her because she wants to have a televised debate for some reason. I am not sure how you are supposed to work with this.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
McConnell has already said his goal is to see that Biden gets nothing accomplished. I am not sure how you are supposed to work with people who make it clear they not only don't want to work with you, but actually want to see you fail. Not to mention the election lies as you point out. Apparently MTG was following around AOC yesterday screaming at her because she wants to have a televised debate for some reason. I am not sure how you are supposed to work with this.
You don't have to work with it. Do whatever you want because nobody can stop you.

You don't have to work with it. Do whatever you want because nobody can stop you.

I am not opposed to working with the other side, but if they aren't willing to work with you that's on them, so I agree.

I am not opposed to working with the other side, but if they aren't willing to work with you that's on them, so I agree.
I dont even understand why the 2 sides have any interest in working together anymore. They are such polar opposites that finding common ground seems like an exercise in futility.

In the end it doesn't really matter though. We are beyond the point of things being salvaged in any meaningful way.

I dont even understand why the 2 sides have any interest in working together anymore. They are such polar opposites that finding common ground seems like an exercise in futility.
Hmmmm.....We've had a successful, two-party system in place for over two centuries but we can't possibly work together now??!? What changed all of a sudden?

When you have a multi-billion dollar TV, Radio, & social media industry designed to 'educate' the American people on a daily basis on why those radical, wide-eyed libs are the devil incarnate, I'm guessing it has an impact.

I suppose the revocation of the Fairness Doctrine in 1985 was bound to happen sooner or later. But if the United States ever falls from within, the seeds of its self-destruction will be able to be traced all the way back to this date.

Did Trump work with Democrats to confirm Gorsuch and Kavanaugh? How about pushing ACB through at warp speed because they knew Trump was down badly in the polls? Were Dems asked at all about a suitable nominee?

Nobody said that, dumfück. You’re literally one of the dumbest people on this board.

I responded to YOU saying “one side wants to play screw you politics.” One side? Where have I said it’s only one side?

• Dislike
Reactions: hemightbejeremy
Hmmmm.....We've had a successful, two-party system in place for over two centuries but we can't possibly work together now??!? What changed all of a sudden?

When you have a multi-billion dollar TV, Radio, & social media industry designed to 'educate' the American people on a daily basis on why those radical, wide-eyed libs are the devil incarnate, I'm guessing it has an impact.

I suppose the revocation of the Fairness Doctrine in 1985 was bound to happen sooner or later. But if the United States ever falls from within, the seeds of its self-destruction will be able to be traced all the way back to this date.
Well, first of all you might be well served to stop viewing the country from the lens of 1985.

Lol...stock market is dropping like a rock the last month. He wants taxes raised. Inflation is out of control. High unemployment with companies that can't find employees willing to get off the sofa. This is a complete train wreck. Might add middle east is in chaos.
DJIA is up 0.86% in the past month. Taxes aren’t raised. Inflation year over year was high but that’s because it was depressed last year due to the pandemic. Jobs numbers are encouraging. Middle East has been in chaos for generations.

Dow is 30 stocks. How about the QQQ? Definitely off the last 30 days. Crazy to be down when they are reopening the commie States. Crazy to pay people more money to stay at home.
SPX is down 0.29% over the past month. But is up 10% on the year. You never heard the saying “sell in May and go away”? The market dropped on inflation news yesterday and everyone bought the dip today. SPX was in an insane overbought situation entering May. Now it can consolidate for the next leg up.

DJIA is up 0.86% in the past month. Taxes aren’t raised. Inflation year over year was high but that’s because it was depressed last year due to the pandemic. Jobs numbers are encouraging. Middle East has been in chaos for generations.

You still trying to use facts and logic on a cult member?

Spoiler alert, it won't change their mind.

How about the QQQ?

998970-F7-E5-CF-47-C1-BCA6-B1869-C65-FFE1.jpg

😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT