ADVERTISEMENT

We havent been to Big Dance in 13 years*

Getting there only to play Big Dog Glenn Robinson or Marcus Camby is not much fun. You want to have a chance to make it to the sweet sixteen. The four teams Kurt took to the NCAA tournament never had a chance because of our very bad seeding.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Getting there only to play Big Dog Glenn Robinson or Marcus Camby is not much fun. You want to have a chance to make it to the sweet sixteen. The four teams Kurt took to the NCAA tournament never had a chance because of our very bad seeding.

Sweet 16? You're going to need to knock off good teams to make it to the sweet sixteen. Hopefully next years squad is ncaa caliber.

Reactions: UCFan07
What bunch of loser comments! Nobody attending the game or hoarse this morning cares how you protect you fragile egos. I predicted a good team from the start (and have my doubts about next year's team that's never played together). Much of the discussion here is about next year's teams while actual games are being played in both money sports. Sports thrills and memories are never, "Where were you when he signed with UCF?" Get with the program or the parade will constantly pass you by.

Reactions: UCFhonors
lol and yet FGCU and Mercer did alright

For every one of the Cinderella stories there are 20 one and dones. The truth is many of the non traditional powers make it to the dance because of an auto-bid and really should not be there. UCF unfortunately fit that bill when we made it.

For every one of the Cinderella stories there are 20 one and dones. The truth is many of the non traditional powers make it to the dance because of an auto-bid and really should not be there. UCF unfortunately fit that bill when we made it.
Yeah i know and im sure Belmont claimed a majority of those 20.

that run did wonders for their University's exposure, I now occasionally see people wearing FGCU shirts. Remember seeing either CBS or ESPN running a segment on their dorms on the beach, that had to help spike applications

that run did wonders for their University's exposure, I now occasionally see people wearing FGCU shirts. Remember seeing either CBS or ESPN running a segment on their dorms on the beach, that had to help spike applications
Johnny Dawkins hired two of his assistance coaches from that group. One was successful working at USC last year.

Why do people keep saying that. I had several posts about it early last fall. All the pieces were being assembled. Dawkins recruited a talented coaching staff, got Matt to stay, mentored and conditioned Tacko , secured 5th year Banyard to transfer here, and installed his signature system that became a nation-leading defense and rebounding presence. When you hire an experienced, big-name coach, it does make a difference. It even helped us with signing a top women's basketball coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT