ADVERTISEMENT

We might have a coach announced soon....

coach_240.jpg

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Not crazy about Troy being HC....better to get Clemson OC as HC and pay Troy more for OC. Need that P5 background. Recruits like to know that. SF had it and how that work out with recruiting? IMO if Troy is HC then UCF falls back to getting mostly 2 stars with a few 3 versus if P5 name 3-4 stars.

Not crazy about Troy being HC....better to get Clemson OC as HC and pay Troy more for OC. Need that P5 background. Recruits like to know that. SF had it and how that work out with recruiting? IMO if Troy is HC then UCF falls back to getting mostly 2 stars with a few 3 versus if P5 name 3-4 stars.
Walters coached at Texas A&M, NC State, and Colorado before coming to UCF. Not sure what you mean about P5 background. Frost had no P5 head coaching experience coming in if that's what you were referring to.

If you all hire Troy Walters, I think it will be a serious missed opportunity. Frost has made the program more enticing nationally by showing how UCF can be successful. Recruits want that and any upstart P5 OC likes seeing that too. Just my $0.02

Reactions: Chez23
You do know that Troy was one of the best recruiters on this staff? Better than Frost.

If you all hire Troy Walters, I think it will be a serious missed opportunity. Frost has made the program more enticing nationally by showing how UCF can be successful. Recruits want that and any upstart P5 OC likes seeing that too. Just my $0.02

All of the P5 OCs will change the culture and offense. We like things the way that they are.

Reactions: BG_Knightmare
You do know that Troy was one of the best recruiters on this staff? Better than Frost.
Thats great....not saying I dont want him at UCF....he is a big part of things moving forward....but not as HC. UCF is hot right now and hiring him as HC will cool of the UCF chatter. Need a guy from a big time P5 program showing recruits that UCF is the real deal and if that type of P5 asst. coach goes to UCF then it means something.

Reactions: onetwocheck
Thats great....not saying I dont want him at UCF....he is a big part of things moving forward....but not as HC. UCF is hot right now and hiring him as HC will cool of the UCF chatter. Need a guy from a big time P5 program showing recruits that UCF is the real deal and if that type of P5 asst. coach goes to UCF then it means something.

Agreed, if this job is really coveted, we should be able to get a more qualified option than "the only guy left".

Reactions: onetwocheck

Who is this guy??? We have everybody returning and a chance to run the table again next year, however, you want to start all over with a mythical "big time P5" assistant with no connection to the program.

go do your homework son...Troy won the Biletnikoff award as the outstanding (best) receiver in college football when he played for Stanford...then he played in the NFL for 8 seasons....prior to coaching at UCF he's been on multiple P5 staffs and was just the OC for the highest scoring offense in the country....and the players want him as their HC....

the only question on Troy is can he build a really good staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball....he's smart and with his connections there's a good chance he can...but only time will tell

so what was your point?

Reactions: jucf97
Check out who Tony Elliot just followed on Twitter... any indicator there??

go do your homework son...Troy won the Biletnikoff award as the outstanding (best) receiver in college football when he played for Stanford...then he played in the NFL for 8 seasons....prior to coaching at UCF he's been on multiple P5 staffs and was just the OC for the highest scoring offense in the country....and the players want him as their HC....

the only question on Troy is can he build a really good staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball....he's smart and with his connections there's a good chance he can...but only time will tell

so what was your point?
The point is Star Power/Quality. Recruits didn't see TW calling plays, his name doesn't have the same ring to it. Right now UCF is Hot Hot Hot and can pull someone with serious Name Recognition. That is the point. I am not saying Walters couldn't/wouldn't be a good HC. I think if TW stays as OC it will be just as good as if he were HC, but with an HC who has a big time name can draw recruits attention.

Reactions: Chez23
The point is Star Power/Quality. Recruits didn't see TW calling plays, his name doesn't have the same ring to it. Right now UCF is Hot Hot Hot and can pull someone with serious Name Recognition. That is the point. I am not saying Walters couldn't/wouldn't be a good HC. I think if TW stays as OC it will be just as good as if he were HC, but with an HC who has a big time name can draw recruits attention.
Id rather keep the guy that our current players(freshman and sophomores) love playing for. I also trust him to keep our current offense in place to keep rolling. Just keep winning and the recruits will come. Might not be this year, but we are still currently stacked and will have a great year in 2018

I don't see anyone with serious name recognition in the discussions right now....do you? so we go with what is best for the players and program....and believe me, when the players give it a big thumbs up that will mean more than anything else to the recruits...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT