ADVERTISEMENT

We might have a coach announced soon....

If it is "the only man left" then I hope he can quickly build a staff that coaches the bowl game and excludes EVERY leaver not currently wearing Black and Gold. Leave the empty phrases expert in Nebraksa.

The point is Star Power/Quality. Recruits didn't see TW calling plays, his name doesn't have the same ring to it. Right now UCF is Hot Hot Hot and can pull someone with serious Name Recognition. That is the point. I am not saying Walters couldn't/wouldn't be a good HC. I think if TW stays as OC it will be just as good as if he were HC, but with an HC who has a big time name can draw recruits attention.

Somebody like a GOL, Herm Edwards or Butch Davis.....uh huh.

Did his big ass kick through a wall before he ran in there. Oh yeah!!!

kool-aid-man.jpg

Reactions: Happy Hands

Could it be the “JIM?” I haven’t heard anything whatsoever about him coming out of the West Coast or the East Coast. Caveat: The preceding statements were only meant as a joke and are not an endorsement of any particular candidate nor necessarily the views of the UCF administration, nor its Athletic Director!

Could it be the “JIM?” I haven’t heard anything whatsoever about him coming out of the West Coast or the East Coast. Caveat: The preceding statements were only meant as a joke and are not an endorsement of any particular candidate nor necessarily the views of the UCF administration, nor its Athletic Director!
I am not sure my mind could wrap around the idea that the Jim could coach here... but the idea of hiring the hero of so many USF fans does have a certain appeal in a sadistic sort of way

I am not sure my mind could wrap around the idea that the Jim could coach here... but the idea of hiring the hero of so many USF fans does have a certain appeal in a sadistic sort of way
Our players would hit back, so that's a non-starter for Beaker.

Who is this guy??? We have everybody returning and a chance to run the table again next year, however, you want to start all over with a mythical "big time P5" assistant with no connection to the program.
did SF has any connections? SF came in with an 0-12 team and made things happens.....so UCF, IMO needs to take advantage of their status right now and hire a big time coach..... any HC coming to UCF is not going to think they have to "start over" that be crazy to think that and I guarantee you DW isn't thinking that way. BUT you need a P5 guy in here to show UCF metal is real.

DW knows what he is doing way more than any wannabe on this board. Whoever he selects was the right move and we need to support it wholeheartedly.

There is a reason DW is where he is and why we are where we are. Trust the man.
who in here isn't trusting DW? nobody has ever said that. Just some opinions on HC....makes this fun.

D
Dude is on Willie T's staff. He's on the Bus!

You think guys who have had success at a high level are coming to a G5 program? That assumes they leave their high level gig or got fired from their high level gig.
If they look at what Frost did, it is enticing for them if they want to move up to the next level in short order. Like it or not it might be the selling point to be a resume builder. Maybe even one will stick around should the Excellence fund keep rolling in donations.

True, but I am genuinely afraid of a meltdown from people if Troy is the guy. People acting as if they know more about Troy's abilities than DW.

Would be a well deserved meltdown if this "best opening in the. country" goes to the last guy in the building..... Thank God the janitor got off early or he might be hired.

Reactions: onetwocheck
If they look at what Frost did, it is enticing for them if they want to move up to the next level in short order. Like it or not it might be the selling point to be a resume builder. Maybe even one will stick around should the Excellence fund keep rolling in donations.

Ok, assistants is one thing. I thought we were talking Head Coaches. Understand though, P5 teams are pulling a lot of those guys already. Frost did help out in that regard though. UCF is a better job than the Syracuse and NC State type jobs.

I would LOVE Jim Leavitt as the DC. Much of the 49ers defensive prowess when Harbaugh was there was due to his work with linebackers.

We would be one of the nastiest defenses in the land with him in there - provided he was on his best behavior and accepted the fact that there are more important people at the Wayne Densch Center than him.

It would also ratchet up our rivalry with the Bulls to level 11.

Ok, assistants is one thing. I thought we were talking Head Coaches. Understand though, P5 teams are pulling a lot of those guys already. Frost did help out in that regard though. UCF is a better job than the Syracuse and NC State type jobs.
Yea, UCF wont pull HUGE P5 names unless they were fired more than likely or middle of the pack P5 team. A lot of the Assistants DC/OC for P5's make less than 1.5m in the top 25 and they are BIG names. That was my guess. Ill be surprised if it isn't a big splash p5 Assistant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT