ADVERTISEMENT

We open -14 on FAU

Will be interesting to see how their O-line matches up with our D-line. If they can control that line of scrimmage then we are probably in for a shootout. If they can't and our D-line balls out, we can blow them out.

Also, their special teams looked like garbage at Oklahoma. Could be another opportunity to break the game open in that phase of the game.
We are a target on everyone’s schedule now
Not only will beating us make or break their season, but their programs and careers

UCF needs to get up for the FAUs and USFs like it would for Auburn

Will be interesting to see how their O-line matches up with our D-line. If they can control that line of scrimmage then we are probably in for a shootout. If they can't and our D-line balls out, we can blow them out.

Also, their special teams looked like garbage at Oklahoma. Could be another opportunity to break the game open in that phase of the game.

I live down in Boca so I hear about the Owls all the time on local radio. Their special teams' problems stem from having a freshman kicker and freshman punter. Hopefully, this can be a big advantage.

There's a lot of excitement around Robison, a dual-threat QB who can scramble when needed (and we stink against scrambling QBs)

We have a 15 game win streak to defend too. With the hurricane causing the unexpected bye week and our weak sos, seems to me like we're back at ground zero for the 2018 season.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
We have a 15 game win streak to defend too. With the hurricane causing the unexpected bye week and our weak sos, seems to me like we're back at ground zero for the 2018 season.
also the Friday night double header spotlight on ESPN and Milton still on the board with Heisman odds.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
That would be crushing to lose too an in-state team on national TV but I just don't see them stopping our offense. We are just too deep in a lot of positions. But I did once drive too FIU after Godfrey and the gang beat BC to watch us lose so never know. I hope they bring it.
If you're a UCF fan for longer than a couple years, you're just waiting for the disproportionate down that comes after a high.

2010 UCF wins Liberty Bowl vs UGA -> 2011 UCF loses to FIU AND UAB (beat Memphis, but that's like death and taxes)
2013 UCF wins Fiesta Bowl -> 2015 UCF goes 0-12
2017 UCF wins National Championship -> ...

By this pattern I'd say whatever is supposed to happen will happen in 2020, so we may be OK this year.

That would be crushing to lose too an in-state team on national TV but I just don't see them stopping our offense. We are just too deep in a lot of positions. But I did once drive too FIU after Godfrey and the gang beat BC to watch us lose so never know. I hope they bring it.
I was posting in the offseason when the schedule came out that losing to FAU would be pretty devastating for multiple reasons(perception, recruiting, Heup doubts begin). I'd rather lose to Memphis.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
FAU has the puncher's chance with a high powered offense, but they'd need to play their best game of the year on defense and ST and get a couple bounces. Thought Heupel did a great job getting the team ready for a road opener against woeful UCONN. This is a different type of test. The crowd will need to bring the energy and amp up the homefield advantage. Traditionally it is very hard to go into the Bouncehouse and come out with a win. I definitely feel more confident with this at home than I would be in Boca.

FAU's attendance seems abysmal. Not that UCF has a rich history of high attendance, but for big games like this Spectrum is f*cking loud and hard to play in. I don't know about ticket sales or availability but this one has to be close to selling out, right? I think this will be a huge advantage for us to have 45k+ people screaming their heads off.

Reactions: Mikesi
2010 UCF wins Liberty Bowl vs UGA -> 2011 UCF loses to FIU AND UAB (beat Memphis, but that's like death and taxes)
Our situation has some of the same commonalities as 2010, big win in the bowl, 2-0 to start the season, game against an upstart Florida program.
Our advantage - 15 game win streak vs 11-3 season, NY 6 win and claim to the National Title, upstart Florida program hasnt beaten anyone like FIU's win over Louisville.
My concerns- quiet 2-0 start although ranked 16th, beating a lowly ACC team would send a message to the rest of the P5 we're not a one hit wonder.

I live down in Boca so I hear about the Owls all the time on local radio. Their special teams' problems stem from having a freshman kicker and freshman punter. Hopefully, this can be a big advantage.

There's a lot of excitement around Robison, a dual-threat QB who can scramble when needed (and we stink against scrambling QBs)
Robison looked bad against Oklahoma.

Robison looked bad against Oklahoma.

That was his first ever college game (at a school he initially enrolled at), then a week later in his 2nd ever college game, he looked all world vs Air Force (33-40 for 471 yds, 3 TD's and 0 INT's).

As with many young talented (4-star) QB's...he will probably be erratic...but the kid has talent and will most likely improve over time...(Just hope he doesn't improve this Friday).

That was his first ever college game (at a school he initially enrolled at), then a week later in his 2nd ever college game, he looked all world vs Air Force (33-40 for 471 yds, 3 TD's and 0 INT's).

As with many young talented (4-star) QB's...he will probably be erratic...but the kid has talent and will most likely improve over time...(Just hope he doesn't improve this Friday).
Air Force doesn’t have a good D. We aren’t great but I’d say we are good. We have FAU beat on Special Teams too. We have rest and them on a short week. We should be ok.

Air Force doesn’t have a good D. We aren’t great but I’d say we are good. We have FAU beat on Special Teams too. We have rest and them on a short week. We should be ok.
Not sure if our “bye week” should be a positive because of rest or a negative because of rust...will find out soon!

Not sure if our “bye week” should be a positive because of rest or a negative because of rust...will find out soon!
I’m thinking it is good. We started preparing for them before they could with us. Plus they have to travel 3-4 hours to get to Orlando. Are they coming up Thursday or Friday? If it’s Friday, they pretty much lose it for a walkthrough day plus traveling is tiring. As long as Milton doesn’t play like SC State we should be fine.

I’m thinking it is good. We started preparing for them before they could with us. Plus they have to travel 3-4 hours to get to Orlando. Are they coming up Thursday or Friday? If it’s Friday, they pretty much lose it for a walkthrough day plus traveling is tiring. As long as Milton doesn’t play like SC State we should be fine.
Good or bad, I think we win on Friday.

Even if Milton is mediocre (which I doubt), I think that’s going to be the case.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
If you're a UCF fan for longer than a couple years, you're just waiting for the disproportionate down that comes after a high.

By this pattern I'd say whatever is supposed to happen will happen in 2020, so we may be OK this year.
An even older UCF fan would know the agony of 2006 and 2008, which both followed relatively great seasons.

Of course, in 2006 we didn’t have B Marsh or that shit choke kicker Prater.

Side note, after Prater missed the kick against Nevada in the Oahu bowl B Marsh choked that pussy out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT