Weather Updates

PhDee

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2019
No changes to the UCF class schedule atm. Current trajectory as of 8/28 5:15pm

213151_3day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

Again, YEAAAAA!!! YEAAAAA!!!
It should be overcast and drizzly on Thurs, but the squalls will be well north/east of us...so it could be OK. Big thank you to the ridge that formed over FL this week and got stronger the past couple of days, forcing the hurricane to stay further west and move further north until its turn....

I pulled this off of NOAA for Oviedo about 40 minutes ago.

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 92. Heat index values as high as 107. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8pm and 2am. Low around 77. West southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

I pulled this off of NOAA for Oviedo about 40 minutes ago.

Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 92. Heat index values as high as 107. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8pm and 2am. Low around 77. West southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
The key word is showers so fingers crossed that we see overcast and light rain (with no lightning) as opposed to the squalls with heavy rain that we've experienced this afternoon and will continue tomorrow. And if this thing moves even faster, maybe better weather than currently predicted....thinking positive!

The storm is moving fast at 15mph. When we wake up tomorrow morning it will already be partially past us. No prob for game on Thursday night.
Only potential problem would be Kent state travel in. Assuming they are coming in tomorrow. But appears the central Florida airports will remain open.

Weather can be an equalizer, unfortunately. Better hold on to that ball like your life depends on it!
Espn fpi before the storm had us at 98.2% chance to win.

Yesterday it fell to 90%

Today we are at 89.2%. The algorithyms must see the rain as an equalizer

Yesterday it fell to 90%

Thanks, was worried slops, fumbles etc would screw us but......... 89.3%. I fully appreciate, and am grateful for the humor. (aka no need to worry) Just don't want the endless lightning delays.

In a slop, I would be concerned about a JRP injury in what should be a blowout even if Auburn Legacy was under center

Thunderstorms from 2PM to 10PM tomorrow. Don't they have a lightening rule for not playing? This could be a long rain delayed game...

Like our game against bsu. Honestly i dont get it, this storm is shifting out but were expected for more?

Pulling all the moisture with the storm, sat/sun is when we will see the lower humidity that usually follows a hurricane.

Yesterday it fell to 90%

FPI drop isn't related to storm. UCF at start of fall camp was ranked 26th, this week at start of season they dropped them to 35th. Each game percentage has changed.

54% vs Boise
35% vs Kansas State
51% vs Baylor
21% vs Oklahoma
32% vs Texas Tech
52% vs Cincinnati
58% vs. OkSt

Last edited:
Rising not playing. Utah will use at least 2 QBs. A starter and then a Wildcat package guy. They have to hope defense keeps them in game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT