ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 games….

White knew Heupel wasn't the problem.

Hot take, Danny White and Heupel knew they were headed to Tennessee early in 2020 and didn't care how season went.

Tennessee previous AD retired.

James Madison going down. We may yet end up ranked in the coaches poll.

Nevermind, I thought we had more votes. Too many teams in front of us. Win the next two and we’d get there.

Last edited:
if you would have told me a few years ago that Heupel would beat Saban and Frost would be unemployed pounding beers in Scottsdale I would have laughed
In the end, it’s all about fit, but Heupel is just a better coach. He’s evolved even since UCF and Frost was stagnant. Heupel isn’t a “4 play guy” anymore.

Additionally, Heupel has better coaches around him and recruits rather go to Tennessee than Nebraska. Frost should have let Chinander go years ago

In the end, it’s all about fit, but Heupel is just a better coach. He’s evolved even since UCF and Frost was stagnant. Heupel isn’t a “4 play guy” anymore.

Additionally, Heupel has better coaches around him and recruits rather go to Tennessee than Nebraska. Frost should have let Chinander go years ago
Yep Tennessee fans think it is bitterness when we evaluate him at UCF but it is just what he was here . Everything was trending down .

Reactions: Knight Strength
If you would have told me Bryce young would play, and play pretty flawless with 450 yards passing, but UT would put up 52 points to pull it out I would have said you were crazy. I thought Milroe playing was the only way they would pull it off.

He's a better coach than y'all gave him credit for.
We’ll see after 6 more games this season, and at least one more season after this one. Then we can compare. He’ll have to play a new QB next season. They lose the QB, three starters on the OL, one WR, and six starters on defense. Interesting, they lose all their kickoff, punters and place kickers on their 2-deep and potentially 9 guys listed as backups.

I do think with the ability to buy players and where he coaches, he could overcome the deficiencies he demonstrated at UCF.

Last edited:
We’ll see after 6 more games this season, and at least one more season after this one. Then we can compare. He’ll have to play a new QB next season. They lose the QB, three starters on the OL, one WR, and six starters on defense. Interesting, they lose all their kickoff, punters and place kickers on their 2-deep and potentially 9 guys listed as backups.

I do think with the ability to buy players and where he coaches, he could overcome the deficiencies he demonstrated at UCF.
Perhaps

Id rather focus on the obarskis, navarros, credles, and the 20 or so who transferred out

You put the trasnfers that left after Malzahn joined on Heupel? Do you not like the transfers that left their teams and followed Malzahn?

So far 7 ranked teams have lost (or will lose). Everyone a road game. Only game not yet determined is USC @ Utah.

Ha ha ha…Notre Dame loses at home to a 1-4 Stanford team.

Last edited:
You really wanna make the argument Heupel was a good recruiter here ? Cmon man it is not even close to the level of players Gus is pursuing
I think Heupel had some missed classes, but DG, Robinson, Titus, Bethune, etc are probably still here if he was here. 10 of 11 defensive starters this year came into the program under Heupel. Gus is recruiting with the promise of P5 conference affiliation. So not exactly apples to apples comparisons at this point either. But I do agree that his recruiting wasn’t keeping up with Fickell and wasn’t positioning us for long term success.

Crazy. The Georgia Southern QB threw for like 548 yds and 4 TDs. That is the same team that beat UF without having a pass attempt (several years ago). I guess they've changed their offensive philosophy.

I think Heupel had some missed classes, but DG, Robinson, Titus, Bethune, etc are probably still here if he was here. 10 of 11 defensive starters this year came into the program under Heupel. Gus is recruiting with the promise of P5 conference affiliation. So not exactly apples to apples comparisons at this point either. But I do agree that his recruiting wasn’t keeping up with Fickell and wasn’t positioning us for long term success.
DG was recruited by Milton.

I mean the comments from HS recruiting analysts and area HS Coaches spoke for themselves. They just didn’t like Heupel and his staff

and everyone knows Gabriel was all Milton. Heupel almost screwed that up w a gray shirt offer then flip flopped after the Georgia visit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT