ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 games….

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
Just getting back from sand volleyball and getting into today’s action. I see sock-boy is having a great game today. Road conference games are tough (for most teams). Kansas lost their starting QB during their game last week. This isn’t shocking.

Last edited:
Iowa State WR just dropped a wide open catch…probably costing them at least a tie. Wow. Choke-job. That was horrible. Nobody within 5 yds of the kid and it was a floater as well.

Halftime:
Tulane = 113 yds
USF = 104 yds

Correction….They both had like 200 yds. My ESPN app seems to be struggling to keep up with things.

Last edited:
Fatty with idiotic call to go for it on 4th and 6 from like the 35 with a 28-17 lead and a little over 2:44 left. They overthrow the WR in the endzone…you needed 6 yards. Bama gets the ball and kicks a 43 yard FG with 32 seconds left.

….You pooch-punt and put them inside the 20. They probably don’t get those 3 points.

Fatty with idiotic call to go for it on 4th and 6 from like the 35 with a 28-17 lead and a little over 2:44 left. They overthrow the WR in the endzone…you needed 6 yards. Bama gets the ball and kicks a 43 yard FG with 32 seconds left.

….You pooch-punt and put them inside the 20. They probably don’t get those 3 points.

If the pass is on target for TD there is a massive upswing in win probability. Far outweighing the minimal downside of missing it vs punting.

If the pass is on target for TD there is a massive upswing in win probability. Far outweighing the minimal downside of missing it vs punting.
You could say that on every play:
1) if it was only an accurate throw
2) if only the WR caught it
3) if only the O-line had blocked
4) if only the RB had followed his lead blocker
5) if only the QB had gone to his 3rd read
6) etc…

What did the tool say about Bama starting it’s drive from inside the 10 versus the 35 and 2:44 on the clock?

You could say that on every play:
1) if it was only an accurate throw
2) if only the WR caught it
3) if only the O-line had blocked
4) if only the RB had followed his lead blocker
5) if only the QB had gone to his 3rd read
6) etc…

I guess we should just get rid of the coaches. We have a prediction tool to replace them now.
I mean your analysis is kind of dumb and makes sense only in hindsight. If the Heisman candidate QB hits the open receiver for a TD, the odds of them winning the game increase far more than they decrease by not converting vs punting (assuming you get the punt off). In a vacuum, an average offensive team should go for it there based on analytics. A top 5 offense in the country should certainly go for it there.

UT has receivers running open every drive. Hooker missed the previous 2 drives, but not the last one.

I mean your analysis is kind of dumb and makes sense only in hindsight. If the Heisman candidate QB hits the open receiver for a TD, the odds of them winning the game increase far more than they decrease by not converting vs punting (assuming you get the punt off). In a vacuum, an average offensive team should go for it there based on analytics. A top 5 offense in the country should certainly go for it there.
Dumb…is the play we saw.

BYU taken to the woodshed by Arkansas at home. The rest of their games are much easier. They should end the regular season at 9-3.

Too funny. Tennessee just throws basically a game ending interception which was really a pass interference penalty in their favor and when the referees are huddling to discuss it, the fans are booing. Give them a chance to call it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT