ADVERTISEMENT

We're in the big 12 and we dont even have a division I qb.

Malzahn seems very GOL-like in his inability to find QB1 talent. GOL solved that by hiring Taaffe and actually handing over the offense to him. Even if the talent wasn’t top-notch, Taaffe would cater the game plans to make them successful.

JRP is the same JRP as last year. Coaches contracts should never be constructed the way they are. Gus can be awful for multiple year, we fire him, and he still gets paychecks. No incentive to get better.

Malzahn seems very GOL-like in his inability to find QB1 talent. GOL solved that by hiring Taaffe and actually handing over the offense to him. Even if the talent wasn’t top-notch, Taaffe would cater the game plans to make them successful.
nah don't compare GOL to him, GOL struggled to get them on campus, when he got them we won. Gus has them on campus and runs them off.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
JRP is the same JRP as last year. Coaches contracts should never be constructed the way they are. Gus can be awful for multiple year, we fire him, and he still gets paychecks. No incentive to get better.
Gus gets a bunch of different bonuses for running up stats, but nothing for winning a B12 game.

Did you really just say we have 2 more years of JRP? Guess Rizk is announcing "sincerely thank Knight nation, but....."

College head coaches….if you win you get paid, if you lose you get paid, and if you get fired you get paid. Synopsis…you get paid no matter what results you produce.

I mean these people busted their asses for a long time to get where they are at, but I agree the way they get compensated just seems ridiculously short-sighted and cost-ineffective. I don’t know how it changes. Some school would have to find a coach willing to sign a contract that way over-compensates for winning milestones, and then gets paid a lot less if they don’t produce. Then you have to hope the first guy to do that succeeds so it might catch on. I don’t think that person exists in our universe, though.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
We're all upset and so am I. Let's put our record into perspective though.

The record of BYU, Houston, and Cincinatti versus other Big 12 teams (not including the new 4) so far is: 2-8

Reactions: Nautiknight

The record of BYU, Houston, and Cincinatti versus other Big 12 teams (not including the new 4) so far is: 2-8
At least 1 of those is an AAC win, not a Big XII win in reality but, next week is the reality check. If we can't win next week................................................ By the way, the other is Houston- the concensus worst team- win against WV who we didn't even have a chance against.

Yeah. They were all breaking in new QBs or coaches and were projected 11, 12, and 13 in the preseason poll. West Virginia was 14.

In the last 11 games, Plumlee won three times (Boist State, Kent State, Tulane). Cincinnati and USF required Keene to come in and win it for him. Arguably, Boomer did the heavy lifting against Boise State.
The Tulane win was 13 games ago. Last 12 games

Navy - L as big favorites at home
usf - beat 1-11 usf on miracle holler catch that was probably out of bounds as big favorites
Tulane - blown out as 3 point underdogs
Duke - blown out as 3 point underdogs
Kent State - beat worst team in FBS
Boise State - beat worst Boise team in 25 years. Needed a game winning field goal from boomer
Villanova - beat an FCS team
Kansas state - blown out in a game as 6 point underdogs
Baylor - largest blown lead in program history lost as 9 point favorites
Kansas - obliterated as 3 point favorites
Oklahoma - moral victory lost close as big underdogs
West Virginia - bent over as big home favorites

The worst parts about all this is that we must have some serious talent on this team…because Vegas had us a 7 point favorite. Coaching is clearly the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT