ADVERTISEMENT

West Vagina vs. UCF Game Day Thread!

aac fans enjoying this but our performance is really hurting the G5 argument

Our 2017 players have to be pissed

i hate those kinds of tweets because we weren't even that good in the AAC under gus. we lost to navy, barely beat USF. we weren't some great G5 team making the move up (like TCU and Utah the seasons prior to their moves). we had become a mediocre team living off a rep from when we hit lightning in a bottle 2017-18.

Gus is loyal to a fault.
That's actually a very true statement that Auburn fans would agree with. It's actually the quality about Gus even the fans who wanted him gone say they do like about him.

BTW, I work in Huntsville, and have been living in the heart of SEC country (Birmingham-Huntsville) since 2015, even some consulting prior.

UCF's #2 TV market at times is Birmingham.

i hate those kinds of tweets because we weren't even that good in the AAC under gus. we lost to navy, barely beat USF. we weren't some great G5 team making the move up (like TCU and Utah the seasons prior to their moves). we had become a mediocre team living off a rep from when we hit lightning in a bottle 2017-18.
College Football fans make dumb false equivalencies

But we are opening up the conversation

Exactly. Six (6) years and two (2) coaches ago we won a NC. That has little to do with today.

It's just more half-truth to push the standard P5/G5 narratives.

And yet, we still made the CCG in 1 out of 2 years. Heupel couldn't other than the team Frost built.

BTW, how many AAC teams do you think would have been competitive in our 4 out of 5 games in the Big XII so far?

We could have another Heupel if we're not careful. I mean... look at Miami in the ACC. 20 years and virtually jack.

We need a long-term guy like GOL. That is Gus. It's gonna suck, but by 2025, we should have wining seasons every year. If we are under 0.500 in 2025, I'll be for canning Gus too.

Stop calling for 10+ win seasons every year. 9 win seasons are great. It sucks to have 0 wins in conference...

But not unexpected in year 1. We're not getting blown out. We're competitive.

Just look at Cincy too... just 2 years removed from the CFP. Grow up people.

Last edited:
And yet, we still made the CCG in 1 out of 2 years. Heupel couldn't other than the team Frost built.

BTW, how many AAC teams do you think would have been competitive in our 4 out of 5 games in the Big XII so far?

We could have another Heupel if we're not careful. I mean... look at Miami in the ACC. 20 years and virtually jack.

We need a long-term guy like GOL. That is Gus. It's gonna suck, but by 2025, we should have wining seasons every year. If we are under 0.500 in 2025, I'll be for canning Gus too.

Stop calling for 10+ win seasons every year. 9 win seasons are great. It sucks to have 0 wins in conference...

You sound like the nut huggers from the O’Dreary days 🤣🤣🤣. The day after the Baylor game is when Gus should have been fired. Hell, bring back Coach K at this point!

Reactions: LoboCane
You sound like the nut huggers from the O’Dreary days 🤣🤣🤣.
Yes, the ones that didn't want O'Leary gone in 2011. How'd that work out? :)

The day after the Baylor game is when Gus should have been fired.
Wow! Ummm ... okay ... Sounds like you would have fired Frost in 2016 too.

Hell, bring back Coach K at this point!
You're kidding me, right?

Wow! This really is the kiddie board I remember.

Yes, the ones that didn't want O'Leary gone in 2011. How'd that work out? :)

Wow! Ummm ... okay ... Sounds like you would have fired Frost in 2016 too.

You're kidding me, right?

Wow! This really is the kiddie board I remember.
so someone who wants gus fired in his 3rd year at UCF is the equivalent of wanting frost fired in his first year after taking over an 0-12 team and going .500? i don't think anyone wanted frost fired in 2016. you have to show the proof, this is a message board with a record of things people said back in 2016.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
so someone who wants gus fired in his 3rd year at UCF is the equivalent of wanting frost fired in his first year after taking over an 0-12 team and going .500? i don't think anyone wanted frost fired in 2016. you have to show the proof, this is a message board with a record of things people said back in 2016.
Then re-read 2016. Milton came damn close to transferring out, even if he had to sit a year. Luckily Frost had been through the non-sense himself at Nebraska, and could relate. We were lucky to have had a man like Frost at that time.

MORAL OF THE STORY: How you act does have impact, and it's overwhelming negative and makes the program worse.

Then re-read 2016. Milton came damn close to transferring out, even if he had to sit a year. Luckily Frost had been through the non-sense himself at Nebraska, and could relate. We were lucky to have had a man like Frost at that time.

MORAL OF THE STORY: How you act does have impact, and it's overwhelming negative and makes the program worse.
milton wanting to transfer because idiots were hating on a freshman QB isn't the same thing as saying people wanted frost out in 2016. that's what you said, now you're bringing in milton's feelings after the bowl game.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

This dude is long on HS coach Malzahn. Guys if we give Malzahn another two years we might be .500 aka 7-6. If not then I might say he has to go. But if you give me enough time and he sucks for 5 years then I’ll say he’s bad

milton wanting to transfer because idiots were hating on a freshman QB isn't the same thing as saying people wanted frost out in 2016. that's what you said, now you're bringing in milton's feelings after the bowl game.
It was well before the bowl game dude. And yes, people were screaming for Frost's head.

This dude is long on HS coach Malzahn. Guys if we give Malzahn another two years we might be .500 aka 7-6. If not then I might say he has to go. But if you give me enough time and he sucks for 5 years then I’ll say he’s bad
Yes, every coach deserves at least 5 years. Sorry, but truth. Otherwise ... you get a program like Nebraska, among others.

Yes, every coach deserves at least 5 years. Sorry, but truth. Otherwise ... you get a program like Nebraska, among others.
Sorry but false. No they don’t. People get fired from their jobs before 5 years all the time. Dude did nothing special to get his extension and pay raise.

If I go suck all year I get fired. Just agree his buyout is too big otherwise he’d be gone. If it wasn’t for that he’d be toast

Reactions: UCFsbarro
Sorry but false. No they don’t.
Unless he does something illegal or otherwise unethical, yes, you give him 5 years. If you don't, you **** the program ... period! There are endless examples of ****ing over programs by doing that! Literally!

I can even name every single ****ing program in Florida -- Florida, FSU, Miami, in addition to USF. There are maybe 2-3 that aren't out of 5+ dozens of examples! And you bankrupt programs doing that too.

People get fired from their jobs before 5 years all the time. Dude did nothing special to get his extension and pay raise.
Stop! Serioulsy!

First, Gus was the lowest paid coach in the Big XII, and even one of the lower paid coaches in the AAC -- definitely the lowest paid cost by program revenue!

Secondly, you cannot fire a coach after he takes your program to the CCG. Period. What does that say to every potential coach if you do that?! STOP! That's lunacy!

Geez. This doesn't even have anything to do with 5 years ... that's just suicide! No top coach would consider us if we did that!

If I go suck all year I get fired.
So you have a bad couple of months, and you get fired?

After 2 years at your job where you excelled, despite being lower paid than your peers?

After 10+ years, and being top dog at another company? Doing something no other coach has done? And doing something else that few coaches have done.

Man ... I don't want to work for that kind of employer! And when some managers get stupid, and try to **** me over, then I leave ... and they get fired for it!

Don't be stupid.

Just agree his buyout is too big otherwise he’d be gone.
No, sorry, that's just the added non-sense you want atop of all that. Gus took UCF to the AAC CCG last year. Sorry, but ... damn, no asterisks on that. He did that, and with JRP.

If JRP is healthy, last year was totally different.

If it wasn’t for that he’d be toast
Sorry, but nope. You guys used to say no one wanted GOL too. And I remember all you that complained about Milton and Frost in 2016.

Heck, I remember all you guys complaining about Mikey Keene too!!!

Unless he does something illegal or otherwise unethical, yes, you give him 5 years. If you don't, you **** the program ... period! There are endless examples of ****ing over programs by doing that! Literally!

I can even name every single ****ing program in Florida -- Florida, FSU, Miami, in addition to USF. There are maybe 2-3 that aren't out of 5+ dozens of examples! And you bankrupt programs doing that too.

Stop! Serioulsy!

First, Gus was the lowest paid coach in the Big XII, and even one of the lower paid coaches in the AAC -- definitely the lowest paid cost by program revenue!

Secondly, you cannot fire a coach after he takes your program to the CCG. Period. What does that say to every potential coach if you do that?! STOP! That's lunacy!

Geez. This doesn't even have anything to do with 5 years ... that's just suicide! No top coach would consider us if we did that!

So you have a bad couple of months, and you get fired?

After 2 years at your job where you excelled, despite being lower paid than your peers?

After 10+ years, and being top dog at another company? Doing something no other coach has done? And doing something else that few coaches have done.

Man ... I don't want to work for that kind of employer! And when some managers get stupid, and try to **** me over, then I leave ... and they get fired for it!

Don't be stupid.

No, sorry, that's just the added non-sense you want atop of all that. Gus took UCF to the AAC CCG last year. Sorry, but ... damn, no asterisks on that. He did that, and with JRP.

If JRP is healthy, last year was totally different.

Sorry, but nope. You guys used to say no one wanted GOL too. And I remember all you that complained about Milton and Frost in 2016.

Heck, I remember all you guys complaining about Mikey Keene too!!!
Cool bro. How many losses in a row until you’re upset? I bet 15 in a row and a loss to Villanova and you’ll be all about give Gus another year.

Stop projecting your work history on this issue brah.

Stop projecting your work history on this issue brah.
Then don't bring up that someone would be fired FIRST, and CALL OUT those who do! You guys are the biggest hypocrites for calling out me for what you do first.

If you fire talent that performs, then you deserve what you get.

You guys do this to student-athletes as well. Milton, Keene, now JRP... so many, even several WRs now! Student-athletes hear this and do react to it.

Seriously... stop with the hurtful, negative non-sense that does nothing.

sounds like fantasy until you can prove it.
Maryland in 2016... for starters. There were articles written after 2017 about it. Quotes from both Frost and Milton.

That's why I repeatedly point out... what you guys say is heard, and it makes people question why they came to UCF.

Grow the **** up! The program is tired of it too.

Maryland in 2016... for starters. There were articles written after 2017 about it. Quotes from both Frost and Milton.

That's why I repeatedly point out... what you guys say is heard, and it makes people question why they came to UCF.

Grow the **** up! The program is tired of it too.
do you know how stupid this sounds? man takes over a winless team and you're saying a couple games this forum wanted him gone. ok i believe you, i'm done with this stupidness.

• Dislike
Reactions: UCFBS
do you know how stupid this sounds? man takes over a winless team and you're saying a couple games this forum wanted him gone. ok i believe you, i'm done with this stupidness.
People have 'revised' 2016, especially after the Maryland game, let alone the bowl.

It was the worst I've ever seen out of our fanbase ... far worse than RoCal and Taaffee circa 2009 (and early into 2010). People were throwing fits about getting the 'absolute wrong guy' in Frost, having 'wasted the chance' to 'get someone good' after O'Leary.

And Milton ... he had been repeatedly cruxified since that Maryland game.

At least the people who wanted Dino Babers finally shut up by that same week. They were insufferable! I wanted a defensive oriented coach, but ... the second we hired Frost, I said, "#1 guy if we're going for offense ... everyone else a distant second."

But yeah, a lot of people were triple guessing who would have been a 'better hire' than Frost ... other than Babers (as I said, most shut up about him pretty quickly into 2016). And definitely after the 2016 bowl game.

Sorry, but UCFacts. So much revisionist history here. People don't remember destroying Milton, or Keene, or so many others.

But 2016 will always go down as the worst in my book ... both how Frost and Milton were treated, especially Milton after Maryland.

O'Leary and Key deserved what they were getting after the first half-dozen games in 2015. But 2016 ... ?

It was like too many in our fanbase went from 2015, to thinking they could just continue just 'being toxic like that' in 2016, that it was 'justified' and everyone around the program 'deserved it.' I hated too many in our fanbase for doing that.

Thankfully we had 2017. Otherwise ... I think just 7-5 or even 8-4 in 2017, let alone dropping Maryland again on Milton turnovers, would have had people screaming for Frost's head. We got a 'reset' because of 2017, and 2018.

And the flaws of Heupel, which still affects our D depth to this day, and Heupel leaving so late, so Gus didn't even have a 2021 recruiting class ... I'm still amazed we finished 8-4, and 9-4 after the bowl, in 2021 ... let alone the CCG in 2022.

We're lucky we got JRP. I just wish he was always 100%. And because he's not, and we we put restrictions and other issues on our QB#2 ... well, our O has usually done enough to win, without turnovers. Only Oklahoma was when our TO margin wasn't so negative, and that's why we almost won.

The D depth just exacerbates our turnover margins. I will forever hate Heupel for that. 2023 was the first year we had any depth on D, and it's still not enough.

Last edited:
People have 'revised' 2016, especially after the Maryland game, let alone the bowl.

It was the worst I've ever seen out of our fanbase ... far worse than RoCal and Taaffee circa 2009 (and early into 2010). People were throwing fits about getting the 'absolute wrong guy' in Frost, having 'wasted the chance' to 'get someone good' after O'Leary.

And Milton ... he had been repeatedly cruxified since that Maryland game.

I went back and read the Maryland game thread and a couple threads around it. Maybe people in the dungeon had different thoughts but on this board people were positive about true freshman Milton in his first start, against a P5 opponent.

We just moved to the P5 and we don't have the depth. Currently our recruiting is 2nd in the BIG12 and 27 nationally. Not trying to say Gus is amazing but we cannot set the program back anymore. That is why they extended him to lock up this class. We HAVE to build the recruiting depth and we cannot blow it up now.

or you give a coach 5 years ala Jimbo at TAMU, Herm Edwards at Arizona, David Shaw at Stanford, etc. and he blows up the program.

and you constantly bring up Nebraska... the fatal flaw with Nebraska was firing Bo Pilini who took over a haggard program and unlike Gus had the program on the rise.

I woukd be willing to keep Gus if he concentrated on recruiting and gave up play calling and hired some competant assistants. (I cant really grade Hinshaw because I feel he has been handcuffed by Gus)

or you give a coach 5 years ala Jimbo at TAMU, Herm Edwards at Arizona, David Shaw at Stanford, etc. and he blows up the program.

and you constantly bring up Nebraska... the fatal flaw with Nebraska was firing Bo Pilini who took over a haggard program and unlike Gus had the program on the rise.

I woukd be willing to keep Gus if he concentrated on recruiting and gave up play calling and hired some competant assistants. (I cant really grade Hinshaw because I feel he has been handcuffed by Gus)
This ☝️

.... you constantly bring up Nebraska... the fatal flaw with Nebraska was firing FRANK SOLICH.
FIFY
I would be willing to keep Gus if he concentrated on recruiting and gave up play calling and hired some competent assistants. (I cant really grade Hinshaw because I feel he has been handcuffed by Gus)

What needs to happen vs. What will happen.

WNTH:

Gus focuses on recruiting, fund raising, and roster management while giving up play calling to a young hotshot coordinator.

WWH:

Hinshaw get fired before the bowl game. Gus takes over as offensive coordinator and hires a QB Coach to turn the next fast receiver into a Heisman contender under center.

WNTH:

Gus needs to clean house with the defensive staff.

WWH:

Addison Williams gets demoted. Ernie Sims gets named defensive coordinator

Reactions: DaShuckster
FIFY

What needs to happen vs. What will happen.

WNTH:

Gus focuses on recruiting, fund raising, and roster management while giving up play calling to a young hotshot coordinator.

WWH:

Hinshaw get fired before the bowl game. Gus takes over as offensive coordinator and hires a QB Coach to turn the next fast receiver into a Heisman contender under center.

WNTH:

Gus needs to clean house with the defensive staff.

WWH:

Addison Williams gets demoted. Ernie Sims gets named defensive coordinator
IDK if Henshaw's play calling was all that bad last game. If you take out the 2 point call vs Okla it was really good in that game too. They were moving the ball but JRP had 2 horrible int's. I think the play calling was good its the fact the players continue to make terrible plays. JRP and Javion are seniors and both cost us drives where we could have taken the lead. Yes it comes down to coaching but when your a senior, and a 5th year senior, you cannot make such horrible mistakes.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
IDK if Henshaw's play calling was all that bad last game. If you take out the 2 point call vs Okla it was really good in that game too. They were moving the ball but JRP had 2 horrible int's. I think the play calling was good its the fact the players continue to make terrible plays. JRP and Javion are seniors and both cost us drives where we could have taken the lead. Yes it comes down to coaching but when your a senior, and a 5th year senior, you cannot make such horrible mistakes.
This is why I literally get frustrated with people complaining about the playcalling. I actually like it much more than Taaffe, and I remember Frost making more boneheaded calls at times (including 2 point conversions). It's clear... every Big XII team has struggled against our playcalling. And when we don't turn it over, even teams like Oklahoma can lose to us.

It always comes down to execution.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
This is why I literally get frustrated with people complaining about the playcalling. I actually like it much more than Taaffe, and I remember Frost making more boneheaded calls at times (including 2 point conversions). It's clear... every Big XII team has struggled against our playcalling. And when we don't turn it over, even teams like Oklahoma can lose to us.

It always comes down to execution.
Kansas didn't allow a score until it was 31-0. They had 6 possessions in the first half, 3 were 3 and outs, netting 0 points and 108 yards of offense. UCF has had long droughts at times in games.

The Oklahoma game is starting to be revered as a pinnacle achievement that overshadows deficiencies for the team like Malzahn pick 6 and Georiga win. Except they didn't even win.

Harvey's vision has been the main thing saving the offense. He has made plays that should be stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage in to big gains.

Harvey's vision has been the main thing saving the offense. He has made plays that should be stopped at or behind the line of scrimmage in to big gains.
Harvey is without question the MVP of this team. He does everything well, especially pass blocking (compared to every other back.)

If I have one knock on Kam Martin, it is he has not developed the younger backs (McDonald, etc.) as well as Tim Harris Jr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT