ADVERTISEMENT

What a Joke

georgiaknight

Five-Star Recruit
Sep 3, 2006
You must ****ing me. How is it a reward to play a meaningless game to raise money for the school. I would tell them "no thanks". A reward?? For what, a mediocre football team--ridiculous. All that means to a player is two more weeks of practice when their time could be better spent on their classes. College football is nothing more than a reflection on our greedy, selfish country. It's Pro Football, plain and simple.

You must ****ing me. How is it a reward to play a meaningless game to raise money for the school. I would tell them "no thanks". A reward?? For what, a mediocre football team--ridiculous. All that means to a player is two more weeks of practice when their time could be better spent on their classes. College football is nothing more than a reflection on our greedy, selfish country. It's Pro Football, plain and simple.

We can't complain...we were 6-6. We get to play another home game in a nice stadium.

$750k is meaningless to you? Interesting...

Reactions: KnightLife1
the team was 0-12 last season

Did you expect the Sugar Bowl?

the practices alone are big heading into Spring Practice. Gives the coaches more reps to evaluate
You sound like someone who is trying to find a reason for voting for Donald Trump. There aren't any!

You sound like someone who is trying to find a reason for voting for Donald Trump. There aren't any!

Don't bring political stuff into this. For many it is the memories of the Citrus Bowl. The finals I believe are done this week so they won't miss a thing. After a 0-12 season it is nice getting the extra game even if it is a sunbelt team. Outside of the rare access bowl chance, we don't have great bowls. Do you never want to attend a bowl?

Wow! Facts all wrong, but clearly you understand something is dreadfully wrong. Someone forgot to program you. Thirty of the bowls are meaningless. Wasn't that long ago that colleges only played 10 game seasons and only a couple dozen schools played in a bowl at least a month after the final game. Those bowls were shown on the networks and earned enough for schools to at least break even. There were no TV timeouts, freshmen couldn't play so they could get started in their studies, halftimes broadcast the bands march and play, newspapers never printed gambling spreads, and bowls didn't have company sponsor names. Still, at least twice in our history, intercollegiate sports were nearly banned after betting and recruiting scandals (as dozens of universities dropped or downgraded their sports programs) -- we're the only nation with intercollegiate sports because they have zero to do with education.

You are out of your mind! Practice for what? Half of the team will either graduate so what are they practicing for. Go to class; read a good book.
We have 26 graduating seniors, which is far less than half of the 105 players on roster, or even the 85 on scholarship. The graduating seniors are on record as saying they want to go out playing a bowl game. So to answer your question, they would be practicing for the bowl game that they have expressed a desire to play in.

Cancer awareness and reasearch? I feel like that is probably a good thing.

He is right and wrong. Right in that most bowl games are meaningless and exist only for padding the pockets of the organizers and bowl committees and cost the schools millions. Wrong in that the Cure Bowl is different in that the organizers do not get giant salaries and the proceeds go to cancer research. He is right that it takes time away from studies, but is wrong to think that the payers would rather not practice.

He is wrong in that the Cure Bowl just happens to be the perfect bowl opportunity for UCF right now. Local, relaxed, low cost and gets us extra weeks of practice for most of our team, who do want to practice. Plus it is over before the Christmas holidays are here. Win-win-win.

This game is a glorified scrimmage for UCF. No matter the outcome there is nothing at stake, nothing to lose everything to gain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT