ADVERTISEMENT

What is UCF going to have to do in the next 3 to 7 years for you to consider them Elite?

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
I believe UCF is Elite after our 2017 National Championship.

But I wanted to hear what the tshirt bandwagoners on Soundoff would say.

#UCFacts

Reactions: Knight Strength
I guess it depends what your definition is. I think 2017 they were elite but I’m not sure I put is in that category for college football yet. For G5 yes. Again for me it goes back to what your definition is.

I think for the rest of the country to consider us "Elite", we need to win the Conference 2-3 times by 2030 and make appearances in the Invitational. I think we are Elite because we have played in 3 NYD bowl games since 2013. So 30% of the last 10 years has ended in a NYD game, aka BCS Bowl. If we make it there this year, that bumps us to 40%.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Elite teams are Clemson, Bama, Georgia, maybe Ohio State/Oklahoma. These teams get to lose 1 game and are still in the 4 team playoff. They get to lose 3 and still make a 12 team playoff just because of past years results/name recognition.

Take Georgia as example how did they become elite? Won SEC multiple times, won NC.
Georgia is still in 4 team playoff if they lose to LSU tomorrow. If it was South Carolina or even Tennessee they would be out with a loss. That makes them publicly elite to me.

UCF to get there needs to win. Be like Oklahoma was, win 8 of 10 CCGs in the Big 12. 1-2 gets you to TCU Baylor status. Where you cant lose to make the top4. But now it's 12. So UCF may not need to win the CCG. But they will need to make 2+ deep tournament runs. Winning earns credibility. Be the next dynasty.

Reactions: tjb74
Elite teams are Clemson, Bama, Georgia, maybe Ohio State/Oklahoma. These teams get to lose 1 game and are still in the 4 team playoff. They get to lose 3 and still make a 12 team playoff just because of past years results/name recognition.

Take Georgia as example how did they become elite? Won SEC multiple times, won NC.
Georgia is still in 4 team playoff if they lose to LSU tomorrow. If it was South Carolina or even Tennessee they would be out with a loss. That makes them publicly elite to me.

UCF to get there needs to win. Be like Oklahoma was, win 8 of 10 CCGs in the Big 12. 1-2 gets you to TCU Baylor status. Where you cant lose to make the top4. But now it's 12. So UCF may not need to win the CCG. But they will need to make 2+ deep tournament runs. Winning earns credibility. Be the next dynasty.
If TCU loses a close game tomorrow they will be 4 and in.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I'm not sure that kind of post is doing us any favors.

I believe UCF is Elite after our 2017 National Championship.

But I wanted to hear what the tshirt bandwagoners on Soundoff would say.

#UCFacts
92,000 average attendance for many multiple decades. Multiple national championships and heisman winners. Twice per year ESPN game days. An ex-QB as a US Senator. The largest endowment in the State of FL. Some bro getting tazed at a town hall. One all American stealing lobsters from Publix and geting on a table in the student union and yelling fart right In her pet cat. And at least one full feature live Allman Brothers concert filmed on the UCF Campus.

Other than that. We are already Elite.

For starters, sign our (currently very strong) 2023 class that is currently committed and close strong by adding even a few more who can help on defense. Also, get some immediate help in the portal. Come out in '23 vastly improved and post a winning record in our inaugural XII season. Then build on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT