ADVERTISEMENT

When we were driving deep in SMU territory up 28-17

Have some things to iron out just like against Navy. Our A game wins both games by 3 or 4 scores. 4th and 1 and don't get it, the Akins fumble, 2 Milton INTs (one for a touchdown), 2nd and goal from the 1 and we have to settle for a field goal. All this and we walk out with a win over a good hungry team on their homecoming. It could have been worse.

Reactions: JAFFX2 and Mikesi
Was a big turning point. Went from a tough but eventually comfortable win to a real nailbiter due to that turnover.

Reactions: Mikesi
A lot of ifs in this game. If Milton just runs the ball on those plays where he had five easy yards, the other defense would have to adjust and you get a more manageable and and 3rd down. If there were more fresh legs in at running back, I think the running game would be more effective. I also wanted more bubble screens on 2nd down. It was a weird closure of the playbook today. Oh well, I'll take the sloppy win.

Milton did miss opportunities for a few big runs in the first half

Their defense was tired and we had a chance to go up 35-17 and put them away. Fumble by Akins really hurt
Don't blame the whole game on one player. We screwed up in the red zone more than once too.

I mean if we scored on our 1st drive instead of turning it over on downs things could've been different too. They scored a long TD right after and felt like they could win while we played catchup for awhile and we're better when we have the lead.

I mean if we scored on our 1st drive instead of turning it over on downs things could've been different too. They scored a long TD right after and felt like they could win while we played catchup for awhile and we're better when we have the lead.
We left a good 4 TDs out there.

We could have easily been the 59 point team we know we are, and not the 31 point result we got.

Credit SMU. Not going to take anything away from them. They stopped us and forced turnovers.

A lot of ifs in this game. If Milton just runs the ball on those plays where he had five easy yards, the other defense would have to adjust and you get a more manageable and and 3rd down. If there were more fresh legs in at running back, I think the running game would be more effective. I also wanted more bubble screens on 2nd down. It was a weird closure of the playbook today. Oh well, I'll take the sloppy win.

Exactly! Lots of ifs and could’ve beens.

What about that no call on SMUs intentional grounding late in the game!?!? I was livid!

We found a way to win. I’m so ecstatic for the win. This team and these players have hella great character and wills to win.

He looked flat imo. or was it just great defense? SMU coverage was amazing.

They were blanketing our receivers downfield and spying Milton most of the night, but there were so many times he should have ran the ball. He could have had 4-5 yards with a slide almost all night.

I love that he is keeping his eyes down field, but he was quick to throw it away last night when he could of ran for a couple.

They were blanketing our receivers downfield and spying Milton most of the night, but there were so many times he should have ran the ball. He could have had 4-5 yards with a slide almost all night.

I love that he is keeping his eyes down field, but he was quick to throw it away last night when he could of ran for a couple.

We might see defenses do that the rest of the year. MM^2 is still super young and will learn. This might have been his lowest completion % of his UCF career at 23 for 40.

It’s shocking that we got a 80 and 63 yard pass off with how SMU was playing.

The TEAM had an off knight against a good home team. Bottom line is they fought thru it and won. Same holds true with Scott. If you watched the presser he was exhausted.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Coverage sack and good D-line penetration. SMU was dropping people back to cover. Expect others to do this to us going forward.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Yeah, we had an off day but it was a lot of fun to watch. I think we ended up with over 600 yards - over 400 in the air. AK had another amazing game and carried our team. I'm still amazed that he's only a Sophomore. This team has a lot of potential upside and is amazing to watch.

I'm not sure why the buzz in Orlando isn't around UCF like it was in 2013. Any thoughts? Is it marketing?

Yeah, we had an off day but it was a lot of fun to watch. I think we ended up with over 600 yards - over 400 in the air. AK had another amazing game and carried our team. I'm still amazed that he's only a Sophomore. This team has a lot of potential upside and is amazing to watch.

I'm not sure why the buzz in Orlando isn't around UCF like it was in 2013. Any thoughts? Is it marketing?
I think there is way more of a buzz actually

Agreed, and if MM had run and picked up more first downs with his feet, then the downfield coverage is not as tight to protect against big gains from QB scrambles, and the passing game opens up. MM is still only a sophomore and I'm confident Verducci will go over this when reviewing game film. This will surely improve moving forward.

Agreed, and if MM had run and picked up more first downs with his feet, then the downfield coverage is not as tight to protect against big gains from QB scrambles, and the passing game opens up. MM is still only a sophomore and I'm confident Verducci will go over this when reviewing game film. This will surely improve moving forward.
Their QB seemed to do what MM shouid have. The gameplan, execution and adjustments on offense (no single player) was the issue last night, not the defense

lol at the USF fans renewed confidence

UCF ran the West Division gauntlet with 2/3 of those being on the Road. USF lost AT HOME to Houston

USF probably already has 2 losses with our schedule

Let them have confidence. This is a game that sometimes we win by a TD and sometimes by 3-4 touchdowns. If we get our point average we beat them by 27. Reason we didn’t was 3 turnovers and failing to convert on 4th and 1 and then 2nd and goal from the one. Also have them a free 7 on a pick 6.

USF has only played one team that will be bowling and lost. We have beaten 3 teams that are already bowl eligible and Navy who is very likely to become eligible. The schedules are not comparable.

Don't underestimate home field advantage. We play USF at home
It's a bitch to beat us there with a packed house

The cardiac Knights were a more compelling story. Every week it was something different and you had the entire AAC hoping that we would lose and then something crazy would happen at the end of the game. This year the games are over by halftime, less drama, which I like.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
If there were more fresh legs in at running back

Seems like the focus is to hit the big plays with Killins and Anderson which is OK, but perhaps we should be grinding it out a little more with those fresh legs you are referring to. Not enough Taj or Corrdarrian

I think Coaching Carousel rumors is hurting buzz. In 2013 that distraction did not exist

If Frost signed a reworked deal tonight and had a presser reassuring his commitment to UCF the buzz would explode all over Orlando. Right now UCF has an entertaining product but there is this annoyance that it's short lived.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Akins was uncharacteristic in that play. I understand he's a mismatch, but he tried too hard in making a big play when he couldve waited for the next drive.

Our marquee home game that year was SCarolina. As soon as it started raining most people left. They missed one hell of a game. Wasn't a buzz till last month or so of season.

Both teams had critical dropped passes in the second half. Akins drop, 3rd and long over the middle, i think second to last possession....i thought would really bites us in the butt. But the defense held and closed out a tough game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT