Where does UCF get ranked this week?

Where will UCF be ranked in the polls?

• 14 or better

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • 15 or lower

Votes: 44 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of the teams above us lost, so I will be surprised if we move up more than 1 spot.

We drop 2 spots no quality losses. I mean Stanford sucks. We don’t play anyone...what other crap is used about the team.

We’ll move up even with nobody losing in front. That was a nationally televised game that the pollsters saw. We will pick up points from the ones that haven’t ranked us at all.

ESPN power rankings

12. UCF (3-0)
The Knights made quite a statement as the best team from a Group of 5 league by dismantling Stanford 45-27 at home on Saturday. In his second career start, freshman quarterback Dillon Gabriel threw for 347 yards with four touchdowns. The Knights did much of their damage in the first half. They had 413 yards by halftime; the most the Cardinal had allowed in the first half since at least 2004, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. UCF's 31-point halftime lead was the third biggest by a Group of 5 team over a Power 5 opponent in the past 10 years.

I think it should be 13, ranked just higher than Penn State. But, realistically, we'll probably drop a spot with Kentucky jumping us after their quality loss.

Reactions: knight_tracker
I don’t see s going higher than 16. We haven’t jumped multiple spots very often. No one ahead lost so they don’t penalize them yet.

I think 14. Will pass Penn State and probably the 2 1 loss teams that played FCS schools this week.

Nobody ahead of of lost, so the same place. If we play like we know we should next week and wipe the field with Pitt, we should jump Penn State...oh, wait, that would mean the voters would have to get by looking at the name on the jersey. Nope, we stay put unless teams in front of us lose.

There are opportunities for us to move up after next week:
#11 Utah @USC (road conference games are always tough)
#10 Michigan @ #14 Wisconsin (someone right in front of us is going down. Even with the "quality loss" moniker, we should still pass them)
#8 Auburn @ #16 Texas A&M (if Auburn Wins, else they will both still be in front of us. We all know it takes at least 3 losses for SEC teams before the pundits actually start to think they may just be a good team, and not a great team.)
#7 Notre Dame @ #3 Georgia (if Georgia thumps them we could scoot by them).

Air Force is @ #22 Boise State as well Friday night. That could be an upset.

Last edited:
Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
Nobody ahead of of lost, so the same place. If we play like we know we should next week and wipe the field with Pitt, we should jump Penn State...oh, wait, that would mean the voters would have to get by looking at the name on the jersey. Nope, we stay put unless teams in front of us lose.

There are opportunities for us to move up after next week:
#11 Utah @USC (road conference games are always tough)
#10 Michigan @ #14 Wisconsin (someone right in front of us is going down. Even with the "quality loss" moniker, we should still pass them)
#8 Auburn @ #16 Texas A&M (if Auburn Wins, else they will both still be in front of us. We all know it takes at least 3 losses for SEC teams before the pundits actually start to think they may just be a good team, and not a great team.)
#7 Notre Dame @ #3 Georgia (if Georgia thumps them we could scoot by them).

Air Force is @ #22 Boise State as well Friday night. That could be an upset.

Your forgetting when A&m beats Auburn it shows how strong SEC is and A&M jumps to #4. Auburn drops 1 to 9. Then everyone agrees how tough SEC is

Does Memphis get ranked this week? Temple should start receiving votes too.
In all fairness Temple should be ranked after their upset over 20# ranked Mayland. The pundits thought Maryland was unstoppable. They will do everything possible not to rank any teams scheduled to play UCF. The G5,, P5 bias has not changed.:sunglasses:

The Coaches poll only makes half-sense

Theirs a TON of Big 10 Coaches voting, otherwise UCF should be ahead of PSU and Michigan. Wisconsin is another story for now pending the Michigan game next week. But....

The Coaches poll is also loaded with G5 voting Coaches. Not sure what is going on there.

Here's the AP Voter Breakdown:

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/ucf-knights/2019

Audrey Dahlgreen's ballot is funny. She ranked UCF#16 for Preseason, #15 after FAMU win, then DROPPED UCF 4 SPOTS to #19 after FAU win only to move them back to #16 after the Stanford game.

And Don Williams back to his old tricks. Rece, Adam Zucker, and McMurphy should have their voter status revoked.

This coming week should be interesting if we go 1-0 against Pitt. There are quite a few potential losses above us on the AP Poll. The chance to hit the top 10 is real.

Or they'll probably just continue to keep one loss teams ahead of us.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
This coming week should be interesting if we go 1-0 against Pitt. There are quite a few potential losses above us on the AP Poll. The chance to hit the top 10 is real.

Or they'll probably just continue to keep one loss teams ahead of us.
I thought Mississippi State had to lose four times before they dropped below us. SEC means three loses are necessary.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
We drop 2 spots no quality losses. I mean Stanford sucks. We don’t play anyone...what other crap is used about the team.
True. If we lose Stanford was always better and if we win, Stanford sucked. No value placed on UCF.

according to ESPN Stats & Information research. UCF's 31-point halftime lead was the third biggest by a Group of 5 team over a Power 5 opponent in the past 10 years.
This lends credence into why I was still nervous despite being up 31.

Here's the AP Voter Breakdown:

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/team/ucf-knights/2019

Audrey Dahlgreen's ballot is funny. She ranked UCF#16 for Preseason, #15 after FAMU win, then DROPPED UCF 4 SPOTS to #19 after FAU win only to move them back to #16 after the Stanford game.

And Don Williams back to his old tricks. Rece, Adam Zucker, and McMurphy should have their voter status revoked.
Gator homer Pat Dooley dropped UCF and moved UF up. So that’s nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT