ADVERTISEMENT

Which QB Starts.........

JAFFX2

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2016
If both BW and DG have FAU performances similar to the FAMU game, who would you want to start against Stanford?

I kind of like having both with some scripted drives to come in and provide a spark if the offense is sputtering a bit by highlighting their skillsets. But there's the old wisdom that if you've got multiple QBs you've actually got none. Until there's more clarity with a bigger sample size against FBS competition I'd keep chugging on as is.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Curious how the relationship between WRs and Wimbush is. Davis looked visibly frustrated in the game, and Wimbush has gone on record implying that it's on the WRs.

Curious how the relationship between WRs and Wimbush is. Davis looked visibly frustrated in the game, and Wimbush has gone on record implying that it's on the WRs.

BW is getting a lot of crap on the premium board for this. The thing is yesterday CJH used almost exactly the same words as Wimbush in regards to the overthrown deep balls and basically defended him.......but there is a lot of chatter about whether or not he has good chemistry with the team and if they think he is too arrogant....

If the coaches were wanting Wimbush to be starter he would be. Them not definitively naming one tells me they want DG but know Wimbush could shut it down and then you have Jones as backup.

Reactions: UCFjparker75
BW is getting a lot of crap on the premium board for this. The thing is yesterday CJH used almost exactly the same words as Wimbush in regards to the overthrown deep balls and basically defended him.......but there is a lot of chatter about whether or not he has good chemistry with the team and if they think he is too arrogant....
Wimbush may be arrogant. That remains to be seen. Sooner or later whether the deep throws are on him or the receivers will become more obvious

There was a WR who did slow down once or twice. I think it was a pass by DG

Heupel picked BW for a reason and right now he’s the starter

I’ve heard that DG was staring down receivers
Any truth to that?

Additionally, it’s hard for me to believe that DG is a better runner than BW and that’s a BIG WEAPON

Don’t forget about Mack

Reactions: AAC6800
Wimbush may be arrogant. That remains to be seen. Sooner or later whether the deep throws are on him or the receivers will become more obvious

Any truth to that?

Additionally, it’s hard for me to believe that DG is a better runner than BW and that’s a BIG WEAPON

Don’t forget about Mack

Whether by design or not it appeared that DG was locked in on a primary receiver several times. No evidence that he went through progressions for other options.....

The question is.........can BWs outstanding running make up for many of the potential 3rd and long because bad throws...........

Lots of talk that Mark Danials keeps implying that DJ has a good chance of winning the job back when he returns.......

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Any truth to that?

Don’t forget about Mack
Even if he stares his receiver down, it worked. Was usually the deep ball. He saw a matchup he liked and completed the pass.

Even if he stares his receiver down, it worked. Was usually the deep ball. He saw a matchup he liked and completed the pass.

It works against an over matched opponent. There is going to be secondary's that can take advantage if they know where the ball is going.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Nothing wrong with that IMO

He lost to a very good LSU team

If he wins the job great, I have faith in the coaches. One of the biggest reasons he lost to LSU was because he couldn't maintain high tempo. Is that on him, or on the O line?

If Mack wins, it will make for a particular interesting off season. No guarantee on who will be going to the Portal.

I think we will see a lot more designed QB runs for BW this week. This will tell the tale for the QB situation. If BW can run like everyone says then it should open the door for more quick reads. If not, then it will get interesting

I think we will see a lot more designed QB runs for BW this week. This will tell the tale for the QB situation. If BW can run like everyone says then it should open the door for more quick reads. If not, then it will get interesting
Yeah I’m hoping they unleash him this week. Let him do his thing. The reason they have to do that is because he is trending down and DG is trending up. This might be his last chance to grab the starting job before the coaches go with DG and Mack comes back

I am assuming that his lack of accuracy takes away any effective RPO, didn't see any in the FAMU game.....

If Mack wins, it will make for a particular interesting off season. No guarantee on who will be going to the Portal.
which is why Mack won’t win the job. Heup is not going to risk losing DG who is the only QB recruit out of HS that has been signed by his coaching staff(huge assist from Milton helped)

Everyone in and around the ND program gushes about what a great guy Wimbush is......there is a current thread I saw yesterday about this.

DG with Wimbush in the backfield. Pass/pitch option for DG, if it's a pitch then you have the pass/run option for Wimbush. Quadry available in the slot on an end around with the pass/run option as well.

Reactions: Yaes
DG with Wimbush in the backfield. Pass/pitch option for DG, if it's a pitch then you have the pass/run option for Wimbush. Quadry available in the slot on an end around with the pass/run option as well.

Hope you are not serious because this is just not gonna happen.........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT