ADVERTISEMENT

White man beaten by blacks outside gas station in Texas

I've been having a lot of deja-vu lately. Trying to figure out if we saw basically the same thing a few weeks ago or what. Anybody else remember that? White guy outside a grocery store gets beat up.

I've been having a lot of deja-vu lately. Trying to figure out if we saw basically the same thing a few weeks ago or what. Anybody else remember that? White guy outside a grocery store gets beat up.
I think this is the one @UCFKnight85 posted awhile ago.

It was in Rochester, NY (I think) and 4-5 black guys beat the shit out of a husband and wife who were begging them not to loot their store.

And this includes a sucker punch to the tiny woman's skull.
No, I remember that one. I swear I saw this exact story before. Weird

This is terrible! I don't condone violence but there almost always is more to the story, usually beginning with hard -ERs being dropped.

You are so right. This is totally derivative of the period where someone was posting daily stories demonizing police officers.
That's what makes these threads so asinine. Nobody condones violence. This story -- and those like it -- are sick and disgusting.

So what's the point in posting it?

Are we supposed to believe that a thread about a Black crime somehow renders meaningless the cases of police profiling and violence against Blacks that have spawned the recent protests?

That's what makes these threads so asinine. Nobody condones violence. This story -- and those like it -- are sick and disgusting.

So what's the point in posting it?

Are we supposed to believe that a thread about a Black crime somehow renders meaningless the cases of police profiling and violence against Blacks that have spawned the recent protests?
Saying that nobody condones violence is inaccurate. Many here condoned the looting and rioting as being understandable venting of frustrations when it occurred.

As for this, the use of the phrase Black Lives Matter as an epithet against the victim makes the video relevant to the ongoing discussion about the group, their cause, their motives, and their methods. Many people try to say that it's just a radical fringe that see that as a violent rallying cry. Videos like this call that view into a little more question. But this is still an isolated incident and not representative of the whole.

Posting fair statistics and analyses provide context that cases of police profiling and especially unjustified violence from police towards blacks are rare and not endemic to policing as a whole as well. But we've hashed that out ad nauseum here and no one is budging on their positions so there's no point in rehashing it again.

Reactions: DAiello18
Saying that nobody condones violence is inaccurate. Many here condoned the looting and rioting as being understandable venting of frustrations when it occurred.
That's total bullshit and you know it.

The only thing anybody said that could be remotely construed by you guys as 'condoning riots' was to point out that the riots were in response to NO charges initially being filed against Derek Chauvin despite the videotaped evidence that the whole world could see.
As for this, the use of the phrase Black Lives Matter as an epithet against the victim makes the video relevant to the ongoing discussion about the group, their cause, their motives, and their methods.
Oh, I see. This alleged phrase that was uttered makes this incident representative of the protesters!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Posting fair statistics and analyses provide context that cases of police profiling and especially unjustified violence from police towards blacks are rare and not endemic to policing as a whole as well.
That's because you fail to acknowledge that, left to the police, the deaths of Floyd, Garner, and McClain would have -- and initially were or still are -- reported as medical emergencies occurring during an arrest and wouldn't show up in your stats. Am I wrong?

That's total bullshit and you know it.

The only thing anybody said that could be remotely construed by you guys as 'condoning riots' was to point out that the riots were in response to NO charges initially being filed against Derek Chauvin despite the videotaped evidence that the whole world could see.

Oh, I see. This alleged phrase that was uttered makes this incident representative of the protesters!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That's because you fail to acknowledge that, left to the police, the deaths of Floyd, Garner, and McClain would have -- and initially were or still are -- reported as medical emergencies occurring during an arrest and wouldn't show up in your stats. Am I wrong?

Laughable. The riots were because Chauvin hadn't been arrested yet? I just want to make sure I read that correctly.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Laughable. The riots were because Chauvin hadn't been arrested yet? I just want to make sure I read that correctly.
I guess it was just a freaky coincidence that the Minneapolis riots came to an end the day after Chauvin was finally arrested and initially charged with third-degree murder.

Funny thing, in the weeks following the initial turmoil and rioting, the Protest scenes were remarkably different in Minneapolis. Wow, can you believe that? In June and July, thousands of people have gathered at peaceful Black Lives Matter rallies.

I guess it was just a freaky coincidence that the Minneapolis riots came to an end the day after Chauvin was finally arrested and initially charged with third-degree murder.

Funny thing, in the weeks following the initial turmoil and rioting, the Protest scenes were remarkably different in Minneapolis. Wow, can you believe that? In June and July, thousands of people have gathered at peaceful Black Lives Matter rallies.

Where did the goalposts go? I didn't realize this was limited to just the Minneapolis riots.

Where did the goalposts go? I didn't realize this was limited to just the Minneapolis riots.
Who's moving them?

Floyd's death happened on Monday, May 25. The video hit the nation on Tuesday, May 26. Authorities did nothing on Wedneday, May 27 - riots begin. Authorities did nothing again on Thursday, May 28 - and the riots continued. Authorities finally charge Chauvin on Friday, May 29 - and guess what? three days of rioting came to an end.

Over the following weekend, angry protests broke out in DC, New York, and some other major cities. For the most part, they were over a week after Floyd's death. Since then, there have been hundreds of peaceful protests across the nation involving tens of thousands of concerned citizens.

The bottom line: you don't spend a whole damn week before arresting an White police officer caught on tape murdering a Black man and wonder why angry riots break out. If the DA's Office had acted quickly and decisively from the get go, all of the subsequent violence and property damage could have been avoided.

"you don't spend a whole damn week before arresting"

Who waited a whole damn week?

For that matter, is a week too long to wait before you start burning stuff down in protest? Wouldn't it make sense to wait until they announce that they AREN'T going to charge him?

"you don't spend a whole damn week before arresting"

Who waited a whole damn week?

For that matter, is a week too long to wait before you start burning stuff down in protest? Wouldn't it make sense to wait until they announce that they AREN'T going to charge him?
*Look. When Blacks kill white people or perform a violent crime on them it’s no big deal. It’s not even news, because it’s so rare. Why is this even a thread? That video is mostly likely a prefabricated fraud, because studies show that blacks people rarely commit crimes. It’s the police and justice system that’s unfair.

This is terrible! I don't condone violence but there almost always is more to the story, usually beginning with hard -ERs being dropped.
Of course it was. Otherwise, those nice boys would just walk peacefully into their church. That was the evening plan, right?

Glad the police weren’t there. They would be forced to do something and there’s always that chance that something would not have gone smoothly. Doubt that they would have been too cooperative as they don’t seem to be that type

Last edited:
Wouldn't it make sense to wait until they announce that they AREN'T going to charge him?
If a video surfaced of a Black man in Minneapolis kneeling on a man's throat until he died, the cops would have found that dude and had him arrested within hours, and we both know it.

We learned after the fact that the DA was trying to work out a plea bargain for three fukcing days that eventually fell through--while the city burned??!? WTF??? What was the DA thinking??!?

No one is arguing for vigilante justice. But maybe, just maybe, they could have...gee, I don't know, arrested the cop the day after the tape surfaced like 99% of the other people of any color who were caught on videotape choking a man to death.

If a video surfaced of a Black man in Minneapolis kneeling on a man's throat until he died, the cops would have found that dude and had him arrested within hours, and we both know it.

We learned after the fact that the DA was trying to work out a plea bargain for three fukcing days that eventually fell through--while the city burned??!? WTF??? What was the DA thinking??!?

No one is arguing for vigilante justice. But maybe, just maybe, they could have...gee, I don't know, arrested the cop the day after the tape surfaced like 99% of the other people of any color who were caught on videotape choking a man to death.

You act as though the fact that the guy is a cop doesn't immediately complicate the situation. Personally I think they acted fairly quickly on this. 3 days later and he was arrested.

You act as though the fact that the guy is a cop doesn't immediately complicate the situation. Personally I think they acted fairly quickly on this. 3 days later and he was arrested.
They acted quickly??!? That's like a town waiting 3 days after a hurricane to board up the windows.

You want a cop charged with 3rd degree murder before they review the evidence and get statements from witnesses? Come on man.
A review of the evidence?!?!? Come on man, what more f*king evidence do you need? He was seen on videotape choking the guy to death for crying out loud!!!!

But shame on the citizens of Minneapolis for three angry nights of riots, right?

Na, they need to review evidence and think through all the implications of making that arrest. The timing was fine.

Reactions: Crazyhole
A review of the evidence?!?!? Come on man, what more f*king evidence do you need? He was seen on videotape choking the guy to death for crying out loud!!!!

But shame on the citizens of Minneapolis for three angry nights of riots, right?

Yeah, shame on them. They destroyed a large portion of their city including black owned businesses and housing for nothing. They acted like uncivilized savages. Mob justice is always inexcusable.

Na, they need to review evidence and think through all the implications of making that arrest. The timing was fine.
The police should always get the benefit of the doubt. Their job isn't like what anyone else has to deal with.

Yeah, shame on them. They destroyed a large portion of their city including black owned businesses and housing for nothing. They acted like uncivilized savages. Mob justice is always inexcusable.
I never said mob justice was excusable. But you can't dilly-dally around for a f*king week when the act was caught on videotape and wonder why there is such outrage in the city that it breaks out in riots.

I never said mob justice was excusable. But you can't dilly-dally around for a f*king week when the act was caught on videotape and wonder why there is such outrage in the city that it breaks out in riots.
There are more than 3 days in a week. You need to at least try being honest on this one. Its attitudes like yours that took this from being a topic with 99% national solidarity to one that led to widespread riots and deaths.

The police should always get the benefit of the doubt.

giphy.gif

Floyd was murdered in front of a crowd on Monday and finally charged on Friday. That's a work week.
Monday was Memorial day and they wouldn't have started reviewing evidence the same day anyway. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday to review and charge. Arrest on Friday morning.

And since when is rioting a work-week endeavor?

And since when is rioting a work-week endeavor?
Just a refresher: This discussion started over my assertion that the rioting reflected the community's outrage over the silence from authorities when the cop's criminal act was caught on videotape.

Just a refresher: This discussion started over my assertion that the rioting reflected the community's outrage over the silence from authorities when the cop's criminal act was caught on videotape.

Dude, just stop. 3 hours after Floyd died they announced an investigation and that the FBI would be involved. 8 hours later all 4 officers were fired. Riots started 16 hours after the guy died.

Dude, just stop. 3 hours after Floyd died they announced an investigation and that the FBI would be involved. 8 hours later all 4 officers were fired. Riots started 16 hours after the guy died.
As I said earlier, the community was well-aware that if the videotape had caught any of them choking a man to death, they'd have been arrested within hours of the tape surfacing.

You want them to all be happy that in the wake of George Floyd's death the authorities announced the officers were...fired?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT