ADVERTISEMENT

Who Calls the Offense in ATL?

HammerB08

Silver Knight
Dec 3, 2012
I've been pleased with the way Frost has handled coming back and preparing for the Peach Bowl from what information is available to us. One factor I'm going to be looking for is whether he keeps calling the plays. If he hands over offensive play calling duties to Walters I would take that as a sign that Frost is not as serious about winning this one as I had hoped. It would look like he's using it as an opportunity to get Walters play calling experience. Stick to what got us here - don't change it up now.

Sometimes its like people have no idea who Frost is.

Do we really think that Scott Frost, being the competitor he is,will treat his first NY6 bowl with the world watching like a scrimmage? THIS is the game he decides to give Troy Walters play calling practice? THIS is the game he doesn't care about? He's jet setting all over the country recruiting between UCF practices, just so he can get Walter play calling experience because he doesn't care if he wins????

C'mon, guys.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not to mention the team will notice too and see it as the same thing (Frost not serious about winning).

FYI: Might wanna change that avatar :p

We're getting one last Frost (hopefully!). Avatar change coming January 2018.

Reactions: muckdawg24
I haven't been a big fan of Frost coming back to coach this game, but he wouldn't be here unless he was serious about winning it. I'm feeling a lot better about this game lately.

Reactions: Mikesi
Yeah I really can't see him passing off playcalling to someone else. Maybe I could see it if he was delegating practices to other coaches as well, but the guy's flying across the country, then flying back in the wee hours just to coach practice. Definitely a better work ethic than me, not that that's saying anything... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree wholeheartedly. Not to mention the team will notice too and see it as the same thing (Frost not serious about winning).

FYI: Might wanna change that avatar :p
1970.jpg

Do we really think that Scott Frost, being the competitor he is,will treat his first NY6 bowl with the world watching like a scrimmage? THIS is the game he decides to give Troy Walters play calling practice? THIS is the game he doesn't care about? He's jet setting all over the country recruiting between UCF practices, just so he can get Walter play calling experience because he doesn't care if he wins????

C'mon, guys.
Exactly, this will be a Recruiting tool. It is in everybody's best interest to bring their A game!

Walters isn't going to call plays, right now (at least 14 hours ago) he is/was in California watching Nebraska volleyball. You can catch that and all Nebraska news on twitter.com/UCFSports/lists/ucf-football-coaches

There's more Nbraska news on there than UCF including McGriff's tweet with the bastard ex-coaches.

Walters isn't going to call plays, right now (at least 14 hours ago) he is/was in California watching Nebraska volleyball. You can catch that and all Nebraska news on twitter.com/UCFSports/lists/ucf-football-coaches

There's more Nbraska news on there than UCF including McGriff's tweet with the bastard ex-coaches.

??? Nebraska volleyball is playing for the national championship in KANSAS CITY!!!

??? Nebraska volleyball is playing for the national championship in KANSAS CITY!!!
His tweet said he was going to California and watching the volleyball match. Presumably he going to recruit and watching the match on TV.

C'mon, guys.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Frost is going to try hard to win this game. He’s a fierce competitor. If UCF performs poorly, he has the most to lose. His offense, coaching ability, preparation, and focus will all be questioned.

UCF wins bigger than Frost if we win and if we lose, he’s the scapegoat. The blame is on him.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Frost is going to try hard to win this game. He’s a fierce competitor. If UCF performs poorly, he has the most to lose. His offense, coaching ability, preparation, and focus will all be questioned.

UCF wins bigger than Frost if we win and if we lose, he’s the scapegoat. The blame is on him.

I agree the blame will be on him, but I just find it hard that anyone in Nebraska will give a damn. If loss, this will be forgotten until he puts multiple losing years together, then they'll say "It started in the Peach Bowl, we should have known."

I agree the blame will be on him, but I just find it hard that anyone in Nebraska will give a damn. If loss, this will be forgotten until he puts multiple losing years together, then they'll say "It started in the Peach Bowl, we should have known."
True, the savior/Golden boy can do no wrong right now. The Cornholios are glossy-eyed.

We know that Auburn is extremely talented, so he can get away with that excuse, but if Frost gets outcoached, it will now be glaringly obvious

Cornhusker fans want UCF to win and win big. This year's UCF team is a great football story on its own if you like sports at all.

Only post season game I'm watching this year.

GO KNIGHTS!!!

Reactions: carolinahusker
True, the savior/Golden boy can do no wrong right now. The Cornholios are glossy-eyed.

We know that Auburn is extremely talented, so he can get away with that excuse, but if Frost gets outcoached, it will now be glaringly obvious
Or.. he'll just blame it on all the travel, and time, and blah blah blah. Cant have one hand on the plow and do a good job IMO.

If you are watching Herbert at Oregon so far, this an example why I want Frost calling the plays in the Peach Bowl & not Walters

Speaking of Chinander....

I, for one, am glad Frost is coaching the Peach. I think it gives us the best chance. However....

This has got to be nerve racking for Chinander. The eyes of Nebraska will be on this game. If the defense gets chewed up, those crazy people will be calling for Chinanders firing before he gets moved into his office on the Nebraska Campus.

Last edited:
Speaking of Chinander....

I, for one, am glad Frost is coaching the Peach. I think it gives us the best chance. However....

This has got to be nerve racking for Chinander. The eyes of Nebraska will be on this game. If the defense gets chewed up, those crazy people will be calling for Chinaders firing before he gets moved into his office on the Nebraska Campus.
[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT